SaltCritters.com

Mr.corals coral.

coolwaters

I have read some posts from several years ago that he was selling on ebay as well. Does he still sell corals on ebay? I know that he has his own website but thought maybe that he may have a larger selection or different corals for sale on ebay compared to his website?

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've placed one order from him before and everything was fine except one chalice that bleached completely within a week. I moved it to shade immediately after temp acclimating it and noticing some bleached spots on the ridges.

The Zoas took forever to open up but they look pretty good now.

10 bucks for 3 heads of fruit loops and they are already popping two or three more.

I just placed another order with 11 frags and a clam. Can't wait to see them all.

026-13.jpg

i just bought the sps pack from Mr.Coral and this is what i got...

2010-11-24150216.jpg

2010-11-24164028.jpg

how long these guys take before they get their color back? I've never ordered online before but they all came in dark pinkish except for the green ones which he gave me two :(.their polyps are extended so i hope thats a good sign.

Dont know if I ever commented but my Mr. Coral orders were good for what they were. I did receive something I didn't order by phone and the WYSIWYG coral that I ordered didn't look right and was still for sale 2 weeks later.

All was somewhat righted by Sonny but it only goes into effect if I place another order... oh well

I have purchased 2 frag packs and I have been happy with both overall. My last sps pack did have 2 DOA frags that broke down in their bags, but the other frags looked good and opened up while floating in my aquarium.

I didn't realize chalices were a lower light coral, I have mine under 250w mh, with what seems like good growth to me.

Just seen this thread for the first time. I purchased one of those 20 packs and a crazy eight chalice pack and a SPS pack all in the same day. I dropped some serious coin. My frags showed up CRAMMED in a small box. Half the little bags were leaking. Then I took frags out chalices were all unglued from plugs zoas and SPS were unglued. I lost 3 chalices a shet ton of zoas and a few SPS. The dendro frag never opened.I didn't call write or even complain. I am the type of person that just keeps my mouth shut and will never buy from you again.If those corals were cut and healed for 2 weeks I am Jimmy Hoffa.

It seems lately that he's gotten his act together at least a little bit after getting a severe ass ramming from users on this site. I still hear of the occasional complaints though.. which eh is probably typical for shipping live animals around the US. Some stuff just doesn't make it, although, it shouldn't be falling off the plugs.. or be 1/2". Good chance of survival there.

JeffYoshiyuki

all my zoas are fine

my 2 acans look fine

my dendro on the other hand is playing with me it looks like it wants to come out then it just sucks back in. its prairie dogging on me.

my mushrooms look good as well

spent $150ish at mr coral, and got the zoa pack as well.

Not sure if I posted in this thread, but I mostly recommend Mr. Coral too. I bought 13, one sps had RTN but the other didn't, so I assume it came this way and wasn't the result of my tank. The 12 (one sps, 3 acans, 4 zoa, 4 favia) all turned out really well and have grown quite well.

JeffYoshiyuki
I received a dendro from MrCoral on wednesday and its doing the same thing....play with me emotions.

im glad im not the only one

damn dendros playing with people's emotions :lol:

Yeah my first ordered packaged and it was all good!!

then 2ND ordered, 3 bags leaked...its all chailice and blastos...They 4 out of 9 are NOT doing good..showing bleaching already and even its all on LOW near sand floor...

My friend said its shot.hes pretty good with coral like DR ! LOL.

I kept sending mrcoral pictures..he was not really satisfied i guess hes picky...In real person its show bleaching but in picture it look little different...Heck i dont know...

Guess i ll wait for his reply back by tonight or tomorrow.

Jake

That is why I said like walmart. Great prices and quantity crap product. If you want some nice stuff try out the reef gardner. Some of her frags look like mini colonys. I push her name because it is quality. Not some finger nail sized frag crap.

updated:

Mrcoral agreed that 4 out of 9 corals look bad...but...hanging on...AHEM...I know 4 will not make it in few days cuz its shrinking and changing color to white...oh well..

WIll get in touch with him in a week or so and bet will send picture again...

JAke

Got mine in today.

Comments:

1) good thing it came with a heat pack. It's cold.

2) Small box and bags. Which means not much water per coral and it could get polluted.

3) Each coral was bagged independently.

4) Everything was what I ordered from the picture except maybe the clam.....but I'll give it time to open more.

5) Acans were cut very recently. I don't think it could be more than a week.

I'll see if everything will make it in the coming days.

All in all, it was a decent deal. You pay for what you get. It maybe like Walmart but you still see people coming.....

this box was small for 11 corals and a clam!

Wow, that is small, but it might help keep everything warm and prevent everything from moving too much.

i think my dendros died......... theres like no middle anymore..... and it looks like it spewed something out.

Was you feeding it?

My dendros ate mysis since the first night I had them. Two big heads get two PM mysis about 4 hours apart. The smaller head gets one.

Wow, that is small, but it might help keep everything warm and prevent everything from moving too much.

I have no complaints.

All my corals game in good.

They are all opened.

Nothing seems to be melting.

At this point, Mr.Coral will get more money from me soon. B)

Archived