Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mr.corals coral.

coolwaters

chucktdbm321

Yea i got one. Closest thing I could id it to was the Eyes of rah lol im not the biggest fan of the naming trend but i was really impressed. Here's a actual pic of the frag in my tank. No rough looking polyps or anything and actually some new polyps growing.

28rlgnp.jpg

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea i got one. Closest thing I could id it to was the Eyes of rah lol im not the biggest fan of the naming trend but i was really impressed. Here's a actual pic of the frag in my tank. No rough looking polyps or anything and actually some new polyps growing.

28rlgnp.jpg

That's an awesome looking zoa frag.

bhskicker18

I'm too lazy to read all of this, but are people angry with Mr. Coral? Its too late to read from the start, so I just dropped down to the bottom to add a Reply.

Chuck you'r local to Mr. Coral though aren't you? I was more wanting to see someones order that got shipped. I've seen a lot of people go to his store and get awesome deals, but with shipping it's totally differant.

That is great! Glad he is working with you to resolve your order as well :)

thanks i'm glad i sent him an email and called. you know i was going to blame shipping to texas, but 50% loss is huge. as of now we are in talks via email (that i'm saving to help his case out here if we can get everything straightened out) he currently has 1 possibly 2 of the zoas that i had ordered in stock he's offered to do a partial refund or offered to hold out till he gets more corals in. but like i said i will be keeping everyone abreast of the situation.

Has anyone got any of the 10$ section corals he is advertising now? Sounds like a good deal, but I want to hear some examples before I place an order. I'm not real happy with Mr. Corals Zoas, but haven't had a problem with his lps so far.

i have several acans, a favia, and some of the zoas from a more recent order from sonny, your more than welcome to check out my tank thread i think he's got the orange acans listed in his $10 section that i have a pretty good picture of showing them more colored up.

All but 4 items out of the 10 pictured above are from the $10 section. Pretty good size and they were shipped to me overnight.

LivingStrong08
We have a 99% success rate!! We would like to be 100%%.

Sonny, first, you don't have a 99% success rate, in fact if you were to go through this thread alone the success rate is extremely low. Now if your method of success is how many packs you sold based on how many you offered for you "Super Sale" then yea, I would say that you have a 99% success rate of product sold. However, their is a huge difference in Sales Success and Customer Satisfaction, as mentioned earlier if you were to use just the this thread alone, your rate would actually in many many cases (for successful orginizations, specifically in customer satisfaction) considered a failed CSI/CPI (For those that don't know CPI= Consumer Product Index, CSI = Customer Satisfaction Index, both judging the same end result, satisfaction.

I am in no way saying your store is not succesfull, what I am saying is that you have a large customer base that is not happy with your service. imagine if you listened to half the comments posted on this thread, and took into consideration peoples time (the lady who could only order twice a year) or people having to re-glue, or call back in. Now your store may hit the alleged 100% success rate, which again has to be based on sales, not customer satisfaction.

By the way all, so you don't have to read the whole thread I ordered about three packs from him at once, with a few WYSIWYG, now with less then a 40% survival rate.

chucktdbm321
Chuck you'r local to Mr. Coral though aren't you? I was more wanting to see someones order that got shipped. I've seen a lot of people go to his store and get awesome deals, but with shipping it's totally differant.

Yep, i get some sick deals in store lol.

reeftankguy
Has anyone got any of the 10$ section corals he is advertising now? Sounds like a good deal, but I want to hear some examples before I place an order. I'm not real happy with Mr. Corals Zoas, but haven't had a problem with his lps so far.

I know I said I wouldn’t buy from Mr. C again, but I thought I would give him another try and bought 2 Acans from his $10 section...

I will post my 2nd experience with him here in this thread...

I didn’t mention my issues with my 1st experience (Jap Zoa Pack)

We shall see… :mellow:

I am in no way saying your store is not succesfull, what I am saying is that you have a large customer base that is not happy with your service.

im not here to stick up for Mr.Coral or to bash him. i have been reading this thread since it started and have been on the edge of my seat because im local to Mr.Coral sort of. im about a hour away but plan on buying one of his packs and picking it up in his store so my experience wont matter since the problem seems to be with shipping.

about the comment above....

this thread seems to be a bashing thread for mr.coral which is a good thing it will help him make changes to the way he does things. but the comment about having a large customer base that is not happy, just doesnt work for me..... it sounds like he sells alot of these packs and lots of corals online and has a retail store that is doing well. i dont know how many shipments he makes a month but it only seems like 10-15 people complaining out of how many?

what we need here is constructive criticism not name calling. he is like every other store out there to make money. i dont hear people bashing thatfishplace. now most of you on this board dont get to actually see there fish rooms but at any given time if you walk in there you will find5-10 dead saltwater fish. and another 10 that dont look like they are going to make it.

now any of you that are owed coral that are supposed to get it on your next order but arent going to order again from him, you can tell him i will pick it up for you :-) i will grow them out and send you some frags in a couple months :-)

However, I came to check in on this thread (curiosity got the best of me). And read your post. Then I noticed you're a sponsor so I clicked on your profile and see that you sell corals online. To me, posting in this thread is a serious conflict of interest. Complaining about someones shady business practices when you've most likely not ordered anything from him and he's actually a competitor to you, is somewhat shady in itself. I'm not trying to offend you, just want you to watch throwing stones in a glass house. To me, this is not good business man.

Did you click the big banner under my sig to see why I sponsor here? I don't sell corals. I used to, and had a 99.9% success rate and gave out about $40-60 in credit every month per roughly every 6-900 or so corals that went out. Actually, that's why I wrote a book about it so that others could learn to do the same and make money on it so we could have more healthy, farmed corals in the hobby.

So more than anyone in this thread, I know that the "heat waves" excuse is bs. I know what chop shopped zoa fungus and unhealed frags look like. Or that you can't ship multiple frags in the same bag. More importantly, I didn't used to have that success rate my first 6 months when I started out, so I know exactly how to bribe a bad thread away with a couple well timed refunds and some all of a sudden great orders that people could post pics of. You really randomly defend him in this thread and try to discredit me to avoid the issues at hand. You don't have to be his friend, just a fervent new reefer, possibly misguided customer to be his own personal guided missile. I knew how important those were to have too, you guys are like life preservers in threads like these. Then I realized that corals > money, found out that return business is where the money is, and I didn't have those problems again.

There's a chance here for him to make some changes that really turn his shop and doa rates around for the better, the profit margin's a bit lower for the first few months but after that it's smooth sailing. That's all I wanna see, I'm not drinking any hateorade and will be the first one big upping him if things get fixed. If he sweeps it under the carpet it's a wasted opportunity and more dead corals... Just my 2 cents.

Given that most complaints have been regarding customers who bought the zoa/paly packs (including myself), and some have posted good results with his lps's, I decided to give him another chance. I purchased 14 of the 10 dollar frags with free shipping which arrived today. I saved the pictures of each coral purchased to insure that I got the exact frags I picked out. Communication was good. I called him yesterday to discuss some shipping details and he was happy to help modify my order. Packing was good. Every single frag was double bagged individually. They all appear to be fully healed from fragging. All in all I'm very happy with the purchase. There's only one issue. 13 of the 14 are the exact frags I ordered. One isn't close. Instead of a favia, I got some kind of acan. Its actually a neat acan and I'm OK with the substitution, but it still makes me think buying from him is not without risk.

Did you click the big banner under my sig to see why I sponsor here? I don't sell corals. I used to, and had a 99.9% success rate and gave out about $40-60 in credit every month per roughly every 6-900 or so corals that went out. Actually, that's why I wrote a book about it so that others could learn to do the same and make money on it so we could have more healthy, farmed corals in the hobby.

So more than anyone in this thread, I know that the "heat waves" excuse is bs. I know what chop shopped zoa fungus and unhealed frags look like. Or that you can't ship multiple frags in the same bag. More importantly, I didn't used to have that success rate my first 6 months when I started out, so I know exactly how to bribe a bad thread away with a couple well timed refunds and some all of a sudden great orders that people could post pics of. You really randomly defend him in this thread and try to discredit me to avoid the issues at hand. You don't have to be his friend, just a fervent new reefer, possibly misguided customer to be his own personal guided missile. I knew how important those were to have too, you guys are like life preservers in threads like these. Then I realized that corals > money, found out that return business is where the money is, and I didn't have those problems again.

There's a chance here for him to make some changes that really turn his shop and doa rates around for the better, the profit margin's a bit lower for the first few months but after that it's smooth sailing. That's all I wanna see, I'm not drinking any hateorade and will be the first one big upping him if things get fixed. If he sweeps it under the carpet it's a wasted opportunity and more dead corals... Just my 2 cents.

If you're not selling corals, fair enough. It really wasn't an attack on you. I just clicked your profile after seeing you post yesterday and noticed a link to an online coral shop. This made me think "wow, that's f*@#ed up". I think it would have been fair to discredit you if you are a competitor. Do you not agree? I wasn't doing it to avoid the issues at hand. I would like to see everyone that has had problems get taken care of. If my order had been crappy, I would have let you all know, but I'd also have called him. I think if you re-read my posts, you'll see that most of what I've done is defend myself and not Mr Coral. I got bashed for complaining about the majority of complaints coming from people who bought nothing from him and for the QT comment not to mention being a n00b and only having 22 posts. I did very little defending, I simply gave my experience thus far. Anyway, that's not important. If you're not selling corals, I retract what I said.

If you're not selling corals, fair enough. It really wasn't an attack on you. I just clicked your profile after seeing you post yesterday and noticed a link to an online coral shop. This made me think "wow, that's f*@#ed up". I think it would have been fair to discredit you if you are a competitor. Do you not agree? I wasn't doing it to avoid the issues at hand. I would like to see everyone that has had problems get taken care of. If my order had been crappy, I would have let you all know, but I'd also have called him. I think if you re-read my posts, you'll see that most of what I've done is defend myself and not Mr Coral. I got bashed for complaining about the majority of complaints coming from people who bought nothing from him and for the QT comment not to mention being a n00b and only having 22 posts. I did very little defending, I simply gave my experience thus far. Anyway, that's not important. If you're not selling corals, I retract what I said.

I have only been on NR for a month or two, and have yet to see Mig do anything but good for this hobby. Look on his thread about red hornets, he was giving them away to people who are going to propagate them and distribute them for very cheap or free. That is really an outstanding gesture and shows his true character, considering he could have been greedy and tried to get $100 per polyp. Actions speak louder than words IMO.

Gotta say it.... Org for president :happydance:

reeftankguy
I have only been on NR for a month or two, and have yet to see Mig do anything but good for this hobby. Look on his thread about red hornets, he was giving them away to people who are going to propagate them and distribute them for very cheap or free. That is really an outstanding gesture and shows his true character, considering he could have been greedy and tried to get $100 per polyp. Actions speak louder than words IMO.

Gotta say it.... Org for president :happydance:

I second this...

Well I don’t know about the presidency... Then he won’t have time for us reefer's on NR, but then again he could appoint a committee to continue his legacy here :D

• 3 weeks later...

So I decided to make an order from Mr Coral. The $10 section had a bunch of nice things, so I ordered 14 frags (wanted that free shipping). I got 3 zoas/palys, 3 rics, 1 frog spawn, 1 mushroom, 6 acans (the last Acan said MICRO next to it, so may be something else).

Here are the pics of what I ordered:

G9.jpg

E12.jpg

G1.jpg

G7.jpg

G5.jpg

E37.jpg

E32.jpg

E22.jpg

F36.jpg

F35.jpg

F21.jpg

G8.jpg

F39.jpg

F9MICRO.jpg

Everything arroved well packed, individually bagged.

69bab75a.jpg

2f568425.jpg

I floted for 20 minutes and put them in. I inspected (quickly) for pests as I put them in and didn't notice anything. I admittedly didn't do a real thourough job.

325d9a12.jpg

Here are pics of what I got. The only thing that looks real bad is the frogspawn. I have not contacted Mr Coral about it in anyway, but am going to shoot him an e-mail soon as a heads up. I am hoping it pulls through.

0d915eef.jpg

4ee49a60.jpg

e880f7aa.jpg

7dac4220.jpg

I'll upload more pictures later when everything should be opened up.

chucktdbm321

i was gonna get that baby blue ricordea when i stopped by 2 weeks ago it had an awesome color and was only in 14k, He told me it was sold though cool to see you got it.

I should post pics of some of the things i got as well.

chucktdbm321

david (right?), he has tons of ten dollar frags he has at least 10x in store then he does online which is awesome for us locals. A lot of them are really nice too.

david (right?), he has tons of ten dollar frags he has at least 10x in store then he does online which is awesome for us locals. A lot of them are really nice too.

Right on chuck and good im hoping to stop in some time and grab some acans.

This is pure speculation, but:

I suspect he limits the number of "quality" $10 frags that he puts online at one time. I think most people order 13 frags to get free shipping and limiting the number of "high end" ones ensures that some of the lesser ones will get scooped up.

FYI. I forgot to mention that I ordered last Tuesday and asked if he could hold the frags and ship Monday, because I knew that I would have the house to myself today. I asked via PM and revieved a "no problem" later that day.

Here are some pics from when I got home. It looks (initially at least) like everything is going to be okay.

I am posting them in the order that matches the pics from the site.

DSC00528.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

DSC00523.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

The colors aren't as good as the initial pics, but I expected that. I am running 3x36 PCs, and all three bulbs are 50/50s, so I am not acintic heavy.

give those acans time to color up. Mine turned out nice. much nicer than the first days of receiving the corals.

I know I said I wouldn’t buy from Mr. C again, but I thought I would give him another try and bought 2 Acans from his $10 section...

I will post my 2nd experience with him here in this thread...

I didn’t mention my issues with my 1st experience (Jap Zoa Pack)

We shall see… :mellow:

UPDATE:

This picture contains 3 orders I made out of the $10 section... 9 acans, a Blasto! There are other Zoas etc... which are not pictured here...

I was very pleased these last 3 rounds of orders... All opened up as soon as my LED's hit them and all have been thriving with no losses...

I am now a fan of Sonny...

He is a very patient man, and honest... even after all the hard times I have given him... He has made good on his word...

FTS1.jpg

I just recieved my 4th order yesterday and they to opened up right away and Zero losses... I will post pic's here of this last order soon...

Everything I ordered seems to be doing fine. Even the frogspawn recovered quickly. Everything came individually bagged, nothing detached, and he was willing to hold for me for a week. If I had one small complaint, it is that the two of the rics seem mostly brown, which is odd, but I'm expecting them to color up. At this point I'd definitely order again.

Archived