Pod Your Reef

Mr.corals coral.

coolwaters

Just scan the paper and put it in here

+1 to this. Scan the receipt and put it up for everyone to see. You said you had it so lets see it. I have contemplated buying packs a few times.. emailed him a couple times and now I don't think I could ever bring my self to support him. I know you know your business practices but to just call someone a liar basically when they say they have a receipt without asking to see it.. WOW.

I find that there is just to many incidents to have a 99% success rate. thats so improbable. I guess the definition of sucess could be disputed in that whole statement as well.

Success to me is shipments that don't fall off plugs and live for a HELL of a long time.

Most online vendors if there is a live arrive guarantee will either...

A: ship the coral with the next purchase.. or

B: ship the coral but shipping cost is the responsibility of the customer. Why in the heck don't you offer that. Your shipping expense is covered and your only giving them the coral they rightfully deserve.

Seems to me like you may want to stick to local business and give shipping a rest since it seems to be the majority of the issue.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the thing is LPS heal quickly when chop shopped, zoanthids need a little extra care. And individual bags.

That may be the case. Just FYI, my order was all in individual bags and packed nicely both times. Not saying that he didn't previously use one bag, just saying that it seems he's using multiple bags now.

Reefmonster
Sorry to say that never happend. $34.95 under $125 no other charges. Not sure why you would make that up.

Wow, then you owe me $178.56, since it never happened. :D

You just lost a happy, until now, customer. You are chasing away good and bad customers...I'm going to write an "I was happy with Mr. Coral until he called me liar" thread. Smooth move Mr.Ex-lax!

I can't win I see that.

Every time I post something it get's dismissed and twisted and now people I have never dealt with are lying in the post.

Dude it's not that you can't win, it's that you actively refuse to even try to address anything that changes the business as usual of dead corals and you getting a lot of people's money in your pocket as "credit". No one's trying to sink you, this isn't a witch hunt so put the victim card back in your pocket, just address the things that need to be addressed and tend to your business. Here. Not over the phone where you can turn it into he said she said. If you need people to call you in order to fix things then you're messing up, not them.

And wow, you've got some serious huevos telling people they're dismissing or twisting what others wrote. There's only one person that's been doing that childish bs for 15 pages now and it's you. That's it. Just you, and no one else. It's like talking to a brick wall. Pimping your business while writing crap like that is kind of counterproductive.

Ok, I posted a while back that I was on the fence about my order experience, well time has passed now and out of the "BLACKJACK 21 PACK" I lost 3 zoa frags. Looked like it was going to be more at first but things have gotten better. The Dendro has made a few attempts to open , but has never fully opened. I know that it is still alive because last night was the best night so far, therefore I will keep trying to feed it in the hopes that it will finally open. Just for the record the Dendro was free with the order. Overall I would say that I am pleased , but its not an order that I would be excited about. I may order from him again but would probably keep it to the LPS side of things . From what I have seen, those seem to turn out pretty dang good. I did see similar posts to this before my order, but decided to make my purchase anyway. As far as packaging goes there were multiple frags in each bag, however I cant confirm nor deny that this contributed to my loss. I can say that that is the only shipment that has ever come that way and I have had pretty good luck so far. I dont want to tell people not to order from him because the ones that made it look pretty good, but i would tell them to proceed with caution. Not just with Mr. Coral, but with any vendor. If you have questions as to how they ship or do business contact them and vioce your question or concerns. Try to make a request as to how you prefer the items to be shipped or healed, and if you do not feel satisfied with the response you get then don't place your order with them. I'm sure most vendors would rather work with you than see your business go elsewhere.

NO THIS IS NOT MR. CORAL !!! :lol:

chucktdbm321

I know i have posted this before that i am local and have been to his shop around 10 times now in the past 3 months. And it really is worth it to come down and check out his store. I know he has some bad rep for shipping but if you are local i'd recommend a visit. I haven't had any problems with his stuff being bought from the store.

I asked some rather direct questions that I would like answered. I never see you address issues head on in your replies. Please address my questions.

Also, since you mentioned being willing to hold coral for someone, could you address the problem lilnacho had? She clearly feels that you did not hold the corals, you just filled her order with new cuts at a later time.

Your failure to answer directly asked questions does not help your credibility in my eyes. About two weeks ago I was going to order the lucky 21 pack from you. This is one of the primary reasons I didn't.

Here is the link to my questions:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=2932580

Give an opportunity for your words to not be twisted by posting direct, clear answers.

As far as I can see, you haven't posted anything that could be twisted, because there is no substance to any of your posts.

All the LPS I have ever gotten from Mr. Coral have all done well. I think the majority of the problems lies in Zoas and SPS. I've had better luck with the SPS and have only gotten a few that did not live. Zoas on the other hand have mostly just dissolved. Still I have not had much luck with Zoas from online sources so I can't really blame Mr. Coral too much. Only place I've had success with Zoas is with Vivid but that's cause I pick them up personally.

Honestly, my biggest problem with Sonny is the communication. People always makes fun of me because when I talk to them in person, I always give one phrase answers most of the time but man I think they are worse than me. Everytime I write them, they always never answer everything I ask and I'll be lucky to get one sentence out of them. I think if you would take the time to actually address your customers, they would be so much more understanding. It doesn't matter whether it's PM or email. I get the same kind of response. I personally would rather communicate over PM or email than over the phone. I would like a record on what was agreed upon. He likes us to PM him our paypal address, so he should not have a problem with PM.

I honestly would have overlooked all the losses if I had received better communication and all my questions addressed. Because really, in this hobby, nothing is 100% certain. Even WYSIWYG online is not exactly WYSIWYG in person or in your tank. Losses will happen with every vendor. It's how I am treated is what makes me come back. There are numerous times when I really wanted to make another order but just seeing this thread and remembering how it like to communicate with him really just turns me away.

Just an update on the zoas that came with the shipment.

8616d360.jpg

Everything was individually double bagged and then bagged together in a large bag. Ice pack in a styro lined box.

Four times I've dealt with mr coral and they have all been good experiences/shipped well. One loss in four times and they credited me which worked just fine. I'll continue to deal with them.

steviejitsu

I think in order for both the customers and Mr.Coral benefit is through negotiating what to do. We as customers should give him ideas and what we want, Mr.Coral in return tells what he is or will do for that idea. This way we know he's trying his best.

I think even Mr.Coral wants to have his zoas live. He doesn't want to lose customers!

I think first, Mr.Coral you should try using a different glue. The glue you are using falls apart easily once dried. I know because the glue I use doesn't scrape away easily, but the glue on my frags were easy to scrape

And I think Mr.Coral is giving the corals time to heal. He actively tells customers the packs will ship two weeks later or something like that.

I've bought from Mr.Coral before and he made me a special unique pack. I wasn't happy because the 2 zoas that I special requested ending up dying. The others were randomly picked by him. 1 of those died. All the acans I ordered are doing great and out of 3, 2 have turned very colorful after a month. He told me he got me covered on some nice acans and he was right on with his word.

I also don't think Mr.Coral should stop talking. Doing that, you will lose more business(what you don't want). You should talk about solutions. Many of us here have also shipped on smaller scales and many of us here have been in the hobby for a long time.

reeftankguy
Mr. Coral has come through and resolved the issue with my order. Thank you :)

Very Cool! congrats...

awesome, lacho! i just got off the phone with sonny, he said i'd here back with him at the end of the day. he needs to check his inventory and make sure that they still have those zoas. so we shall see. of the 22 about 12 survived. when i hear back from sonny as to what they can do i will post my progress. then ofcourse pictures when they come in.

awesome, lacho! i just got off the phone with sonny, he said i'd here back with him at the end of the day. he needs to check his inventory and make sure that they still have those zoas. so we shall see. of the 22 about 12 survived. when i hear back from sonny as to what they can do i will post my progress. then ofcourse pictures when they come in.

Cool, if he actually starts making things right I'd actually order from him. I was really wanting to until seeing all the trouble people here have had.

littlelacho

That is great! Glad he is working with you to resolve your order as well :)

I also don't think Mr.Coral should stop talking. Doing that, you will lose more business(what you don't want). You should talk about solutions. Many of us here have also shipped on smaller scales and many of us here have been in the hobby for a long time.

+1, there's been a lot of concerns raised in this thread and he's made some pretty ridiculous comments with calling old customers liars amongst other things, none of which have been addressed at all. I really hope they're not going to be glossed over with a couple of very, very well timed refunds that are unlikely to have ever happened unless those specific people had posted in this specific thread. Remember he didn't even bother responding to those people until he realized he'd need to save face from yesterday's imploding, unless some constructive things get addressed those are just bribes to make this thread go away.

+1, there's been a lot of concerns raised in this thread and he's made some pretty ridiculous comments with calling old customers liars amongst other things, none of which have been addressed at all. I really hope they're not going to be glossed over with a couple of very, very well timed refunds that are unlikely to have ever happened unless those specific people had posted in this specific thread. Remember he didn't even bother responding to those people until he realized he'd need to save face from yesterday's imploding, unless some constructive things get addressed those are just bribes to make this thread go away.

DISCLAIMER: I mean no disrespect but feel the need to say this. I actually agree with some of what you said. I think this could have been handled more gracefully.

However, I came to check in on this thread (curiosity got the best of me). And read your post. Then I noticed you're a sponsor so I clicked on your profile and see that you sell corals online. To me, posting in this thread is a serious conflict of interest. Complaining about someones shady business practices when you've most likely not ordered anything from him and he's actually a competitor to you, is somewhat shady in itself. I'm not trying to offend you, just want you to watch throwing stones in a glass house. To me, this is not good business man.

Pretty happy with this shipment. Packed well and in good shape. Zoas have only been in the tank 5 minutes so still opening (attached to a rock attached to a frag plug).

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

looks like a good pack to me. actions are gunna speek louder than 20 pages of rambling. if he wants to stay in business hes going to have to change his act. if he doesnt we arent going to spend $100 on melted, detached, unhealed coral. plain as that. he has some sweet coral and awesome prices; customer service and shipping is his big flaw, hopefully this thread changes the way he runs a business. because coral chopshops are a no bueno.

Has anyone got any of the 10$ section corals he is advertising now? Sounds like a good deal, but I want to hear some examples before I place an order. I'm not real happy with Mr. Corals Zoas, but haven't had a problem with his lps so far.

Archived