SaltCritters.com

Mr.corals coral.

coolwaters

I have ordered zoas once and lps once. The lps were fine, but the zoas was a disgrace.

BTW how do you guys get zoas to grow so fast. Mine are 2-3 months and I don't see anything new on them.

a metal halide sunpod with 75w of t5s and some lunar moonlight cycle leds will grow mad zoas...

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got my order yesterday with no doa and the clam opened up just 3 seconds after i put it into DT. I notice that he cuts the acan/favia to a block of rock, do you guys keep it like that and let them cover up the frag or do you trim the rock down and epoxy it onto a rock or bigger frag?

My 40B is all SPS and this is actually my first LPS and was worried about my high lightning (150w HQI, 6x39watt T5HO) so i did a little research and found out others have success with MH Acan dominated mixed LPS tank. I got everything on the sand bed to the sides for now and will try moving them closer to the front every week.

JeffYoshiyuki

i dunno i had them in my 2.5g and i plucked them out and put it in my 5.5g it just started opening.

but to my dismay i have Zoa Pox on my Zoas. :(

i dunno i had them in my 2.5g and i plucked them out and put it in my 5.5g it just started opening.

but to my dismay i have Zoa Pox on my Zoas. :(

furan-2 dips ftw!!! it has always worked for me. just make sure you do it asap so it doesn't get worse

JeffYoshiyuki
furan-2 dips ftw!!! it has always worked for me. just make sure you do it asap so it doesn't get worse

:werd: do it

i just dropped my first packet into the 5.5g tank :( should i do dips for now on?

i just dropped my first packet into the 5.5g tank :( should i do dips for now on?

yeah dipping is a better idea. i would do a water change right now just to be safe in case its not good. it would be too diluted in 5.5 gallons to affect the zoas anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

i got stuff from mrcoral..its good :) . I m happy .

We have been issue with ONE DAMN rainbow chailice cuz it died twice :( -> shat happens !

He did replaced 3 dead so i m happy- no problem. i also added 5 corals- all are opening good.

He did good to me B)

jake

You talkin bout the nudi?

sorry man...:) had to.

No kidding I got 21 frags, about 6-7 months and I'd say only half made it long term, plus lost a zoa colony due to a very nice dose of zoa eating nudis. Thou it's my fault for not properly qt the frags. I would say keep an eye on those even if you're getting something else besides ZOA.

I've had my acan/chalice pack from mr. coral for a while now and they are looking great. It was a total of 5 acan colonies and 2 chalice. I lost one acan colony but the others look amazing now. The chalice's are growing really nice as well, the eyes just got big enough to start feeding about 3 weeks ago.

I have the luxury of living 30 mins from their store though so I can go and pick them up in person.

• 3 weeks later...

Im disappointed to say....He offered to almost half $ refund money back, that was 2 weeks AGO :( and i kept email him to remind him...he kept said Sonny is out today....I think hes full of it...So i havent see $$$ over 2 weeks...

thats not good business.

I SAVED EMAILS.

BE CAREFUL

JAKE

• 2 weeks later...

The acan's I've gotten from Mr. Coral were nice and healthy, the sps were very tiny, I ended up losing my bottlebrush :( One of the zoa frags never seemed healthy, only 2 of the 5 heads ever opened up and now those 2 are closed. I'm afraid I'm going to lose them. The other colony came with Zoa eating nudibranches... so that was fun...

I ordered from Mr. Coral after Christmas (first online order I've ever done,) and had a mix order of 16 frags from his $10 section to get the free shipping. So far, I've only lost 1 with another frag being iffy. IMO just the risk you take from ordering online, although I would go after him for sure if a majority of my order was lost. Probably won't do it again though, I just don't like the uncertainty of cheap stuff if there's a coral you really want. Although, its a great way to stock a new tank if you wanna go to town and get a variety of anything and everything.

jeff@zina.com
i hope they all make it this time.

You should never hope that your purchases make it. Either you or the supplier are doing something wrong.

Jeff

I got my shipment in today and I have to say it was great!!! Everything was packaged well and is looking great in my tank within the first day. And an unbelievable deal with a combination of the $10 frags and the free frags each piece ended up being less than $9 shipped :D I also visited their retail store a few weeks ago and they were extremely helpful and even cut some frags of some things I wanted on the spot. I'll try and get some pictures up soon in my build thread of the acans and sps. Thanks Mr. Coral!!!

I got my shipment in today and I have to say it was great!!! Everything was packaged well and is looking great in my tank within the first day. And an unbelievable deal with a combination of the $10 frags and the free frags each piece ended up being less than $9 shipped :D I also visited their retail store a few weeks ago and they were extremely helpful and even cut some frags of some things I wanted on the spot. I'll try and get some pictures up soon in my build thread of the acans and sps. Thanks Mr. Coral!!!

Yeah the retail store is great. They just frag ALL day for real. It's like a half hour from leesburg where I live.

Last week I received a 15 pack from Mr. Corals. Everything is looking really good. Even the free frags (offered for every $50 spent) I'm very happy with. Dendros still have not opened completely, but they look healthy & for 6-7 heads for $10 is a pretty good deal.

If anybody is interested I can take some pics.

Archived