inTank Media Baskets

Mr.corals coral.

coolwaters

Why dont you become a NR sponsor so you can give us all "Deals of a Lifetime!" :lol:

How nice of you to carry this over to another thread. I have no business or I would sponser here. I posted here because I had a $20 paly polyp form this guy melt. Let it go.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm happy w/ the acans, the coloring back up will happen on my own, and all pics are macros.

If I had sps die and zoas fall of frags/melt like other people I would demand my money back, not a "I'll get you on your next order"

glad to hear your acans are doing great too.

i cant even dream of such a refund. i have never seen or heard anyone doing that.

i know my money is gone as soon as i sent him it.

but pretty sad 50% of my coral is gone too.

my LFS overcharges but i would have probably gotten a better deal in the long run.

Biggest problem seems to be zoas and palys. And where are you guys seeing these frag packs? I haven't seen them on his site.

your wrong none of the paly died =/

their thriving. but arent very colorful. (besides the pinkie)

reeftankguy

:rolleyes:

I posted here because I had a $20 paly polyp form this guy melt.

I just wanted to say I enjoyed reading and looking at your pictures in Your tank thread...

:rolleyes:

I just wanted to say I enjoyed reading and looking at your pictures in Your tank thread...

Thanks, I worked hard on it. If you have no tank thread then you MUST be trying to sell something! Cause you can't possibly have anything better to do. If you are dying to see my tank then go to reefland.com. the build thread is there. Look at it and it will be obvious that I have nothing to sell.

reeftankguy
Thanks, I worked hard on it. If you have no tank thread then you MUST be trying to sell something! Cause you can't possibly have anything better to do. If you are dying to see my tank then go to reefland.com. the build thread is there. Look at it and it will be obvious that I have nothing to sell.

Come on Dude... Start up a Member tank thread, cut and past your picks from there and contribute to N-R

Welcome to the site :)

Come on Dude... Start up a Member tank thread, cut and past your picks from there and contribute to N-R

Welcome to the site :)

I have this weekend off, and am going to get my last fish that will go into the tank. Springeri Dottyback. After that I will try to get a tank thread going. Been trying to get this fish for 3 months. Ironically the LFS that I was supposedly "promoting" gave me the run around until he learned I had someone else getting it for me. Now I find out that they just got one in today. Too late. Mine's been in holding for the past week.

well here is an update. things started opening up, still don't look very great by any means but did open up, i lost 5 out of 20 still don't know what i lost yet beside an acan. The hulk goni is the only thing that really has made it and looks great so far.

i shop in store at MR. Coral on a regular basis. MR. Coral has great deals and offers more and better refunds than anyone else ive ever seen. had a fish die next day and offered me a deal on a new one, ive never heard of this. my friend got the lucky 16 pack shipped to him and didn't loose a single frag. I have 4 of his Chalices, lots of zoas, ricordeas that i payed 13 dollars for 5 polyps lol, and there all doing great. don't waiste ur time flaming me, im just posting a good experience to contradict all the bad ones being posted...i shop at several stores including that fish place(cosidered to be 'good') and MR. Coral blows them out of the water.

chucktdbm321

+1 Mr. Coral does have the best prices and selection ive seen myself. I haven't had a problem either. I had the lucky 16 and yea i had 100% and alot of the stuff had extra polyps than what he orginally offered. It sucks that you guys give him such a bad rep here cause im sure there are so many of you that have had a lot of awesome deals with him. But then again this is the forum that wil flame a noob for not knowing what bulbs to pick lol

I see alot of post saying their coral doesn't look exactly the same as it does in the picture he post...

Since when did any online store ship coral to you guys and it has looked exactly the same??? Unless your water params and lighting are exactly the same you should almost expect it to look a little different. Just my .02

You guys that posted the last 2 posts obviously live near the store. The problem comes with shipping weak, unhealled frags. JMHO

chucktdbm321

Agreed that im am a local. I did have them ship the frag pack though and had no problems either. And i would assume since it is overnight shipping it truely wouldn't matter where you are cause you would get them at 10am or whatever if you lived in Pa or if you lived in Cali right?

Agreed that im am a local. I did have them ship the frag pack though and had no problems either. And i would assume since it is overnight shipping it truely wouldn't matter where you are cause you would get them at 10am or whatever if you lived in Pa or if you lived in Cali right?

You guys that posted the last 2 posts obviously live near the store. The problem comes with shipping weak, unhealled frags. JMHO

package gets more handles during longer distances so more throwing around boxes would play a big role.

but the most important is the temperature difference. over here at night it hits below 60F that is the most likely cause for zoas melting.

It sucks that you guys give him such a bad rep here

Unfortunately he's doing that to himself with an average 20%+ DOA rate, no one's pulling figures out of thin air to make anyone look bad and it would be great if he could take some easy steps to make those figures considerably lower. If anyone is the victim here, it doesn't seem to be him.

I see alot of post saying their coral doesn't look exactly the same as it does in the picture he post...

Since when did any online store ship coral to you guys and it has looked exactly the same??? Unless your water params and lighting are exactly the same you should almost expect it to look a little different. Just my .02

There is a big difference between how colors vary under different lighting and having corals arrive looking nothing like they're pictured, which is why you're seeing a lot of posts about it. Maybe he could start posting wysiwyg pics of his healed acan and zoanthids frags vs the colony pics to avoid that in the future, plus there would be no question of them being healed and healthy before they're shipped. That way non-locals might start giving comparable reviews to the local/shipping across the county reviews.

i posted this in the $5.00 frag shipped thread where i bought mine. you tell me how close they look to the pictures

what we got- note the orange center, green surround.

1275507850054066900.jpg

supposed to be this?

P5080578_resized2.jpg

i posted this in the $5.00 frag shipped thread where i bought mine. you tell me how close they look to the pictures

I only see a Red X.

Weird, what was his reply?

he ever responded to it.

I also sent him an email about my missing acro, green instead of blue clove, and a couple of other simple questions about my order, but also never had a response.

I am nott sticking up for him in anyway, but I have read lots of threads like this involving Mr Coral. He almost always says calling him is better than PM/Posting/eMailing. I'd pick up the phone and try to get him. Like I said: I have read lots of threads like this involving Mr Coral.

I received my ultra acan pack 6/15. Everything has survived so far and doing great so far. I even had a zoa switched for one of tha acans and that survived. I will list the good and bad from my experience with Mr. Coral.

Pro's:

1.The corals were a good deal, I am happy with there looks.

2.I asked for a substitute for one of the acans and he gave me a zoa that resembles a copper head.

Con's:

1.They forgot to ship my corals twice. I can only receive corals on Tues. and they forgot to ship my corals two weeks in a row even after I called to confirm.

2. They did not give me the chalice that was supposed to be in the pack as a bonus. They also said they would give me a freebie to make up for the missed deliveries, they never sent that either. The freebie is not a big deal, just thought I would note I was told one thing and got another. I was offered to have the missing chalice be sent with my next order or a refund through paypal. I chose the refund just because of my bank account. I have not received my refund and it has been almost 2 weeks.

In summary I am very happy about the actual products I received. I am however a little disappointed in the service I received. I do feel that Mr. Coral had every intention of making things right, but somehow my order had a few mistakes back to back. I do feel like I was a fluke and that the majority of customers have everything go as planned.

I do feel like I was a fluke and that the majority of customers have everything go as planned.

Not sure where this impression is coming from.

I for one would like to say I appreciate everyone posting their experiences. I get most of my corals locally but I had been thinking about ordering one of his new frag packs. At this point though I won't. At the very least there's a consistency problem, whether it be survivability or accuracy of corals listed. In the worst case several have had a good chunk of the order die with limited ways of fixing the issue other than ordering another pack and hoping you're not throwing good money after bad. For me at least it's just not worth the risk.

lhernandez86

+1 His corals are very low quality, I ordered some "Dendros" which never opened and really looked more like Sun Coral Polyps, complained and they told me to stick it

I would recommend Cherry Corals for online corals....kinda pricey though but nice stuff

I am nott sticking up for him in anyway, but I have read lots of threads like this involving Mr Coral. He almost always says calling him is better than PM/Posting/eMailing.

But he runs his frag packs on "please pm me your paypal id/email" and "they will go fast so I'll go in order of pm's". Seems like there's no issues with pm's, except for when there's an order issue and then it's communications blackout and "call me". Just my 2 cents, but it kind of works to someone's advantage when instead of having emails or pm's as records there's only a phone call.

he ever responded to it.

Weird, seems like he had no problems responding to the non-issue posts that came after yours...

In the same thread -_-

Archived