ReefCleaners.org

Mr.corals coral.

coolwaters

I got the japanese zoa pack too and only three survived. The rest never opened and just melted away. Some of them actually came off the plugs and I had to glue them on rubble. Out of the three I had to glue, only one survived.

Well, Mr. Coral said he would replace them to my next order. So I ordered the SPS pack with the pastel acros and I emailed him the night before to remind him about the replacements and I never got a response. The pack came without the zoas. The worst thing is that the two of the 10 acros started RTN a few hours after I put them in the tank and another one after a day. All of them came in pretty much bleached. The millis are all doing well now and coloring up. A couple are still bleached but with some polyp extension. Funny thing is I probably would not have ordered the pack if I didn't need the replacement zoas.

Anyway, that's my latest experience with these packs. Some how there is always something that doesn't survive but I guess I could say that about alot of my orders from online sources, especially with buying zoas. They seem pretty helpful when you talk to them in person and when making a sale. I guess you just have to think that you get what you pay for with these packs. Most of the stuff I ordered from the website have all come in good shape for the most part, except for the one time that I found monti eating nudis on a monti that I ordered. Atleast I found it before I placed it inside my tank and they took care of me and replaced it with something else. So it is not all bad. Nobody can beat their prices for sure but I'll probably won't get in on another pack again.

yeah he said he'll replace frags that died but havent heard from anyone that got new ones.

your experience makes me wonder if hes taking us seriously.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some how there is always something that doesn't survive but I guess I could say that about alot of my orders from online sources, especially with buying zoas. They seem pretty helpful when you talk to them in person and when making a sale. I guess you just have to think that you get what you pay for with these packs. Most of the stuff I ordered from the website have all come in good shape for the most part, except for the one time that I found monti eating nudis on a monti that I ordered. Atleast I found it before I placed it inside my tank and they took care of me and replaced it with something else. So it is not all bad. Nobody can beat their prices for sure but I'll probably won't get in on another pack again.

This is the only source I have ever had a problem with melting zoas.

mrcoral.com

guia x I never saw a email from you. Just a heads up if you had a issue please let me know and if you would of mention it with payment of course I would of saw it and added it in.

The Japanese Zoas are know for melting. You have to keep them in low light!! Very low light and work them in. I think this is why we are having some issues here. Mine are doing great but I have them in lower lighting.

You can also call 301-695-5777 during store hours. If you did not hear back from us I wish you would of called us.

I have ordered from Mr. Coral numerous times and most of the times everything was great. I just ordered 3 packs with one being the 20 frag pack and this is the only time out of almost 20 orders that everything did not go well. Also I was missing 2 or 3 corals. Most of my zoas have melted or still have not opened up a week later. This seems to be a aberration, as Mr. Coral usually has great orders. But yeah this last order has sort of held me back from placing a new order for one of his chalices packs.

Dang, 5th zoa melted away today. Now I've lost an entire pack :o I'm getting worried now for the new order for the new 20-pack.

I've bought 3 packs from MrCoral and out of them, I've only had issues with 4 zoas not making it. I didn't bothered to write an email to Sonny about it because I didn't know what died because they never opened it, or were covered with superglue to the extreme.

That being said, I considered the price of the pack with free shipping to be a great deal, so I just purchased his latest 20-pack. I also have purchased some of his LPS, they've been solid for me. I haven't lost a single one.

Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones? I am curious to see how many of the zoas I might lose from this 20 pack. For sure superglueing the zoas directly (without any live rock underneath) pisses them off, just like with mushrooms.

LivingStrong08

I had splurged and ordered a few of his packs together: SPS Frag Pack and the 20 pack... Needless to say I was very disappointed. :(

SPS Pack

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=236761

and the:

20 Frag pack

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...237020&st=0

When I received the package I was in shock on how many of the frags were off if their plugs... Needless to say, it was a bust! Instead of naming those that didn't make it let me name those that did:

SPS Pack:

Mr. Coral Red Monster Mili

Hydnophora

Purple Passion

Papa Smurf is questionable right now.

So... 3.5 outta 8...

20 Frag:

Mr. Coral BubbleGum

Tutti Fruitis

Pink Panthers

Hot Pinks

Red people Eaters

Oatkast Palys

Mr. Coral Green P.E.

Homey the clowns

Dendro is barely showing signs of life.

Bubble Gum Chalice is about %50 alive

So exactly 50% survival... HUGE Bummer.. I was so upset I didn't even bother contacting.... I have some local reefers who got to do the ol' "I told ya so":. And I started to write an email, but didn't send... just kinda chalked it up, let me reefing buddies bash me, lol, and moved on...however when I seen this thread, i felt it was right to share.

Such a bummer. :( :(

I also need to add that all my other corals are doing awesome.. from local and online vendors.. just a bad batch I guess?

just noticed i lost 50% of the pack now.

green hornets are doing great but orange...not so much.

reeftankguy

:o Dang Dude! That really sucks!

To bad you have to buy another Coral Pack From Mr. Whatshisname to recop your losses... If your foolish enough to do so...

I feel greatful now I only lost 2 frags -_-

pismo_reefer
The Japanese Zoas are know for melting. You have to keep them in low light!! Very low light and work them in. I think this is why we are having some issues here. Mine are doing great but I have them in lower lighting.

Then why are you failing to tell people this in the first place?

Just curious... :mellow:

Nothing against you personally.

I know that I have gotten some Jap. Zoa's in the past that just melted away... (from a diff. source.)

So I know how finicky they can be....

but, so do you.

;)

reeftankguy
Then why are you failing to tell people this in the first place?

Just curious... :mellow:

Really like "Warning Dont buy these if your running T5's, MH or LED's" Becuase they will melt if they ever open up :lol:

I think all sellers should have a requirement of stating what parameters these corals were kept in when advertised. Or at least a sticky warning all buyers to ask before purchasing anything online.

Interesting considering Japanese deep waters really come from Bali from depths of usually less than 20ft.

Well, at least if they're waiting two weeks after fragging zoanthids before shipping them from now on then the glue won't be bright white and the flesh from the zoanthids will have attached to the plug. It's really easy to tell if something has healed for that long, so if they don't follow up on that promise hopefully people will update it in this thread.

If "Japanese" zoanthids are prone to melting, shouldn't they be healed for at least two weeks and encrusting a bit onto the plug before shipping in order to not pass that risk onto anyone else?

well i ordered a 20 pack last week before seeing this thread and i get them this thursday so i guess we'll see.

do you think i'll need a ice or heatpack going from him to me in seattle?

just a quick update on my pack i've kept my dendros, both chalices, and 8ish zoas, i've lost 10 completely, and my GPE opened once and that was it. i've spoken to mr coral and i will be ordering another pack once i find one i really like and i will keep you all updated as far as having my melted corals replaced, and the condition of the next order.

so yes as of now i'm at 50% survival. and my water is fine. temp is spot on. so is ph and sal.

I ordered a different zoa 20 pack on June 2nd and will also be getting mine Thursday. Will be sure to post some pictures.

Does replacing melted corals with melted corals really count?

If the next batch melts do you get three times as many in the third pack?

By pack 10 you could just pull a moving truck up and take the whole shop.

That said, his prices are so low I am still tempted....maybe after I upgrade my light, if I upgrade it.

i did the "japanese" pack. I have a 110 gallon and i have led lights. All arrived alive, though 2 did detach and i reglued. All opened. All are still open. It has been over a month. I have had good grow out on 3 of the zoa plugs. I would for sure order again.

well i bought the acan pack and all 6 and the freebie are all doing great! so it may have just been wierd weather or overly finicky zoas or a combination of both. so like i said i don't mind giving sonny my business so long as everything goes smoothly this time. its more of a good faith thing he said he'd make it right and my lst purchase has done very well so it may have just been a fluke.

got mine this morning at 9:17am luckily i live where i work and informed the fedex lady the day before that i needed it asap. she even told me what time she would be there. i've dipped and placed in tank and everything is still closed, 3 were detached from plug. will update later as i have to get back to work.

3 were detached from plug. will update later as i have to get back to work.

I'd love to see some pics, two week healed zoanthids are really difficult to detach from plugs.

Got mine just an hour ago. 4 zoas were detached, but it was detached along with the piece of live rock they were on. This time I didn't see any zoas directly glued onto the plug, so the rock must have detached from the krazy glue with the shipping. I'll update the condition of my zoas later this weekend since I do see a couple real white looking.

Hi

I had ordered the japanese deep water frags a few weeks ago and 6 out of the 8 have melted/died and all 8 separated from the plugs from poor glueing. The bags were also leaking. Mr Coral offered to make it up with the next order however he told me separating from the plug was not a big deal and just needed re-gluing. Seeing people are still having problems with the poor glue jobs. Mr Coral needs to understand that having the frags separate causes tremnedous stress on the frag and is not acceptable. I was going to try to recover my losses with another order but think that I will pass here and cut the losses.

Archived