Top Shelf Aquatics

Mr.corals coral.

coolwaters

reeftankguy
I was going to try to recover my losses with another order but think that I will pass here and cut the losses.

Thats my plan...Why take the risk and spend $100 just to recoop the losses from the first order???

I have decided to deal only with the Fraggers here on the N-R Forums... They seem to care about what they do...

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually pretty happy with this pack. Mr. Coral made good on his word to replace what I lost in my last order. And practically everything I put into the tank has opened within a few hours. Minus 3 zoas everything is open now. Only thing I'm mad about now is Mr. Coral turned my reef tank into a frag tank :rant: lol. But overall I am very pleased with this order. Thanks Mr. Coral :happy:

I've had my acan pack for a little while now and they're looking great. Of course, after reading about his shipping problems I decided to pick them up because they're actually located 25 minutes from me (i had no idea until I checked their site). So far they're already growing new heads.

demonclownfish

ive yet to see a picture of Mr. corals dendrophyllia with the polyps out.... either the branching variety they have doesnt have tentacles or they just wont take a pic :(

mrcoral.com

Zoas can fall off a plugs in shipping it can happen and when you ship 20 it will happen. We try to find a balance between to much glue and just right. They can be glue back with no issue. Just a touch of glue and it is back.

I just want to add my experience to this thread. I purchased 2 chalice frags ( Baby girl & Bubblegum Rainbow) and 1 Ronald Mcdonald zoa frag when he was running his 50% off promo. The Ronald Mcdonalds were gone by the 5th day, the Bubblegum Rainbow chalice was brown when I received it and is now a GONER and the Baby girl chalice is doing great and growing. None of the frags were attached to the plugs when I got them. 33% survival rate, but the Baby girl Chalice is SWEEET. :D

my chalice is brown too... but the 2 face is nicely colored. it was a quick save cuz the white skeleton was showing when i first got it.

Way to exploit a great sponsor. Lame.

i was just kidding about that...smiley face failed to imply it i guess.

if anything i'll be trading for other stuff in my area.

Zoas can fall off a plugs in shipping it can happen and when you ship 20 it will happen. We try to find a balance between to much glue and just right. They can be glue back with no issue. Just a touch of glue and it is back.

Mr Coral

There you go again. The frags are not supposed to fall off the plug. Never happened to me before. By the time you glue it back it is too late. It is a problem that you need to fix.

By the way, i want a refund as this is not an isolated case.

thanks

well thats blows

yes it does. theres a grave yard of plugs i got from Mr.coral in the corner of my tank.

worst part is i dont know what i lost. and some of the zoas look the same now.

i'll contact mr coral later. and if hes willing to replace most (impossible for all...) of my coral i'll start buying from him again (dying for a anemone)

roughly how can you tell if something is doa? how long til thing open up? i really only have the one hulk goni opened up.

Zoas with stems that are longer than usual and covered in a powdery brown coating tend to not open and fall off the plug as the bottoms of the stems rot. If they don't open within 48 hours I'd be very worried.

Chalices and LPS where you can see white skeleton around the cuts were not allowed to heal properly as that takes about a week or so to grow in.

The frags are not supposed to fall off the plug. Never happened to me before.

+1, that's a production issue and not a shipping/end user issue.

I got my 20 pack in today. I put up pictures in my tank thread starting at post #16. This thread had me pretty worried but it seems Mr. Coral was honest about increasing the healing time.

I got my 20 pack in today. I put up pictures in my tank thread starting at post #16. This thread had me pretty worried but it seems Mr. Coral was honest about increasing the healing time.

What characteristic of those frags is giving you the impression that they were healed, out of curiosity?

This first pic is a good example of what I was referring to on the powdery brown stems by the way, if you get a chance please post up pics of what these frags look like on Wednesday :)

akvr4y.jpg

f50g8k.jpg

2d9vjg9.jpg

The ones who are the worst off were in the bottom bags. Seems like they took a greater beating. More detachment, too. I would have preferred more individual bags. Could they have used even more healing time? Probably, as you noted. But as I'm not ordering another 20 pack any time soon I'm relieved to not be one of the way over glued my entire pack melted away people. Believe me, the thought of hundred dollars down the drain was beating in my chest as I was opening the box. :blink:

Ordering from mr.coral almost sounds like a gamble. I think in the business of selling coral. quality should overpass quantity greatly. doesn't seem like thats the case here. if you let your frags heal first they wont suffer from as much stress from shipping and also wont fall off the plug. Im sure his mother colonies are getting time to acclimate and heal before getting chopped up into a 1000 pieces. when your spending 100's of dollars on frags i would hope i get every single frag i paid for.

just my .02

I have now had my order for over 2 weeks and still only 1 zoa is slightly open. I ordered over $300 worth of coral got 0 freebies and actually was missing 2 or 3 corals (I will probably never know which ones because the Zoas never opened) One of them was the spider-man chalice that Mr. Coral said he would give me next time. But to order $300+ of corals (and I am a long time customer) to be short corals and have about 18 frags die and only be offered a replacement for 1 of the corals I have received is a big disappointing.

I do not know what went wrong with this order but I have been checking my water 2-3 times a week which I usually do not do to make sure everything is perfect. I am not sure why the zoas are not opening. Most of the chalices are doing great with the exception of 1.

Quality > Quantity?

Sure, he has great deals, but if you lose half your "pack" due to poor fragging/shipping/whatever methods is it really such a great deal anymore?

I've had a similar negative experience to many posters in this thread and that is why I choose to no longer shop at Mr. Coral. It's one thing if it's a few isolated people, but when the complaints are this frequent there is obviously something wrong. What's further is that you have to buy ANOTHER order to even recoup your losses. That's just poor business practices if you ask me.

SpankythePyro

one of my acans is no longer rainbow, just red orange yellow, the other is the same way and has just lost its green :/

I'd love to see some pics, two week healed zoanthids are really difficult to detach from plugs.

i've been letting my frags heal for about 3 months now before i sell them.. ;)

I think if he let all his frags heal they would be good and handle shipping better.

if he gets a system/cycle going were he can make a ton of fresh cut frags once or twice a week every week. let them heal for a month. once you get a system down he could constantly have frags healed and ready to ship. kinda hard to do that now unless he stops business for a few weeks.

Archived