SaltCritters.com

Red hornets and why they're not rare part 2

organism

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a handful of people that still have them.I personally don't have any in my tank. Proof? There is a couple people on coral registry that have them. One guy is from Canada and there is a girl from L.A with them. There is a guy from Cincinnati that has 8 that I know of. I will see if I can get him to email me a picture. I also have information that in about 2 months a few frags are going to hit ebay.I don't think they are that great myself.

There is a handful of people that still have them.I personally don't have any in my tank. Proof? There is a couple people on coral registry that have them. One guy is from Canada and there is a girl from L.A with them. There is a guy from Cincinnati that has 8 that I know of. I will see if I can get him to email me a picture. I also have information that in about 2 months a few frags are going to hit ebay.I don't think they are that great myself.

Who is the guy in Cincinnati? I also live here

Macro queen. That is pretty funny. You know you laughed Organism.

lol, I did actually, it made me think wow, that is an awesome nickname and I'm totally keeping it. I'll have to start wearing more drag though, but totally worth it to be the macro queen.

Even with organism spreading these out like wildfire, it will take quite a while before they even leave the nano-reef community. I doubt these will effect the price at all to be honest (except on this site).

Dunno, I'm up to about 130+ frags in the back room coloring up that are going to every shop in the country, so... that price is gonna divebomb in about 3 months when they've grown in and colored up.

Actually, I had a talk with Kraylen, and I think he legitimately thinks that Organism is a woman. He referred to him as "she" in the PMs. I dunno, maybe he was messing around or is Organism a girl? I thought his name was Miguel??

i dunooo

Actually, I had a talk with Kraylen, and I think he legitimately thinks that Organism is a woman. He referred to him as "she" in the PMs. I dunno, maybe he was messing around or is Organism a girl? I thought his name was Miguel??

When you look this good in drag as the macro queen it probably doesn't matter.

Yup, those are rare, really nice too but they crap out if you even sneeze near them, lol

rilly mine have been doing good

Sopranos come in waves about once a year, 20 or so colonies will land and then that's about it until the next year, just the way it is with the eco friendly revolving collection practices where they don't hit up an area for more than a couple weeks at a time :)

Scopus Tang
hi tang i did nor know you come here too

Hey moto - I get around - used to just lurk, but finally joined a while ago to post a comment in a thread, so I post once in a great while, mainly I just lurk.

Ow snap. That was 09 though. But I heard yesterday that sopranos will be available for sale in the next month by about 10 diiferent vendors.

If you truly know someone who has these and has maintained them in captivity, I would really like to know - not interested in buying, just would like proof positive that they still exist and that someone has been able to keep them. Everyone I know who tried them they melted on.

Sopranos come in waves about once a year, 20 or so colonies will land and then that's about it until the next year, just the way it is with the eco friendly revolving collection practices where they don't hit up an area for more than a couple weeks at a time :)

So people spend big bucks on the polyps they melt away, and then they do it all over again - makes perfect sense.

How about true Armegeddon? Anybody seen any of these lately? They're on my most wanted list, and I haven't seen any around for a loooong time now.

FYI, Yellow Jackets are coming down, I've seen them listed for less than $100 a polyp, like all the new ones, it takes a little time.

IMO, there is no such thing as an LE zoa, once its introduced and people begin to grow and propigate it, its not going to be rare for long, especially those that grow fast. Tyree Space Monster is a good example - LE or rare? I live in Wyoming and I have 5 polyps, how long is it going to stay rare? If they are rare, its because they are melters and nobody can figure out how to propigate em, until we do (if ever) they're not rare, they're nonexistant in the hobby till the next batch comes in.

So people spend big bucks on the polyps they melt away, and then they do it all over again - makes perfect sense.

How about true Armegeddon? Anybody seen any of these lately? They're on my most wanted list, and I haven't seen any around for a loooong time now.

Pretty much, that seems to be the idea since I haven't seen any sopranos live. Haven't seen any armageddons for a while, but a wave of my bloody valentine palys have just hit and there's like 40+ colonies floating around LA right now. I'm counting the minutes until we see some newly bought colonies fragged up and put on the classifieds here -_-

I said earlier in a post there are 2 people on coral registry that have them. I do not know those 2 from Adam. I know a guy in cincy that has kept them alive since may of 2009. He keeps them under T5 under a over hang pretty shaded. I am working on getting a picture from him. I am not giving out his name because he doesn't want to sell them. I have informed him about this thread and he is a member here. If you think I am full of beans that is fine to. Lol

I'm sure there's some live ones around, it's like those african blue hornets where only 5% live and those are the ones that end up in the hobby after they grow out :)

Scopus Tang
I said earlier in a post there are 2 people on coral registry that have them. I do not know those 2 from Adam. I know a guy in cincy that has kept them alive since may of 2009. He keeps them under T5 under a over hang pretty shaded. I am working on getting a picture from him. I am not giving out his name because he doesn't want to sell them. I have informed him about this thread and he is a member here. If you think I am full of beans that is fine to. Lol

I'm not saying you're full of beans - I would just like to know for sure that someone actually has them - pictures would be nice - and I'd like to know the secret to keeping them. It would be great if we knew so that when the next wave hits, people might actually be able to keep them alive.

I talked to him yesterday and he said he will get me a picture soon as his wife gets off bed rest from having a baby. I asked him the secret and he laughed. He said there is no secret. He said shade on the sandbed with low flow is what alot of his zoas like. He also said they seem to like nastier conditions. They always look the best right before a water change.

Scopus Tang
I talked to him yesterday and he said he will get me a picture soon as his wife gets off bed rest from having a baby. I asked him the secret and he laughed. He said there is no secret. He said shade on the sandbed with low flow is what alot of his zoas like. He also said they seem to like nastier conditions. They always look the best right before a water change.

Hhhhmmm . . . I would say that is indeed a "secret" most zoas/palys are recommended for moderate to high light and moderate to high flow. Seldom, if ever, do you see a recommendation to keep them in low light and low flow. Most polyps kept in low flow quickly become covered in cyano, close up, and melt away. Thanks for the info . . . looking forward to the pictures.

Archived