inTank Media Baskets

Red hornets and why they're not rare part 2

organism

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunno, maybe it can be a self-policing thing where if people post pics they can get pm'd and remove them. We'll see, I've got a lot of things to get done at work first...

btw I put the red hornets smack dab under some t5's in the new prop system here about a week and a half or so ago and wow, here they are today. They shrunk a lot but went completely metallic, the colors look fake. I like them better than the photoshopped "lineaged" ones, now I've just gotta find some trustworthy reefers that have good reef club ties :)

post-14867-1279664905_thumb.jpg

hey org, im a very active part of the DRC, delaware reef club. i would be more than willing to pass these along, include them in our monthly raffle prizes, as well as prizes for our local photo contests. i would have no problem getting these in the entire clubs hands, many of who have deep ties with other local reef clubs such as the del valley reef club (DVRC) and nj reefers. let me know if your interested, i would def pay it forward with these and people would accept and share with open arms.

Actually I used to be in the DVRC and back when it was called PARC when I was still in philly, great reef club :)

I'll keep you posted, at the moment it's still up in the air since I know I won't have time to ship for a bit due to work, I've hidden the frags so hopefully they won't get stolen...

ok, due to recent events I'm done with this site. I've got two frags I'd love to give for free to a couple of people to start a dbtc thread elsewhere. I'm disabling my messenger, my email's the only way to contact me from now on, for anyone that would like to keep track of the dbtc and where it ends up it's miguel at practical coral farming dot com. It's been great guys, but peace out.

So I don't get a bunch of curious emails I'll spell it out on here. This is how mods used to deal with newer members that only posted threads in the classifieds. You guys have seen it a million times, here's an example.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=242014

Here's a thread I posted the mods didn't like

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...80&start=80

And here's how they treat the same threads if I report them now.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=244019

Which instead of how it used to be it's "start a new thread". Is it cause and effect or just the most coincidental thing ever, who knows, but it's pretty clear that during point a and point b things really, really changed for the worse. I'm not sponsoring that kind of behavior, and I'm not wasting time on a site that condones that kind of behavior. Enjoy your site guys :)

My fave Chris Marks quote from the first thread, he's a stand-up guy.

"Our classified forums are intended for members of our community to occasionally sell used items and coral frags from their personal aquariums. It is not intended to be used to sell large quantities or for profit. It is my belief that you have been abusing the spirit of the forum guidelines and will no longer be able to participate in the classifieds section. You are welcome to continue using the other resources our community provides."

Well that's going to suck a$$ if you leave. I usually follow your posts and see what you have to say. I have learned quite a bit from reading them man, and you have done a hell of a lot of good on this forum. Please do not take this wrong, but you have been kind of moody and irritable lately. Maybe there is something going on in your life and you are just in a bad state of mind right now? At any rate maybe just take a little break and get your mind on the right track.

It wasn't large quantity. It was a several frags split into a couple threads. There's a big difference between the 20 threads in your first example and the 5 created by the member in quesiton.

Again, 5 threads. Okay, he's new... but what's the big deal?

My only comment is that it was unfair for a mod to take a shot at org as the mod is closing the thread. Childish.

Archived