SaltCritters.com

Red hornets and why they're not rare

organism

hahahahahahahah tenacious you amaze me. Go hustle your "showstopper" acans with your powerbrite pictures. Dont get me wrong, I love them.. but you're such a hustler wtf are you talking sh!t for?

LMAO, cmon bro. only one piece of coral comes in from the ocean to the importer?? your talking to organism who has been in the retail and now wholesale game and telling him the real deal? ROFL! anybody who has been in the retail, wholesale game knows whats up. corals come in stressed all the time. if you know what you are looking at you can tell what the potential can be for browned corals.

Are you not the guy who accused a hobbyist of stealing a bottle of hand soap from you? Please Samuel...

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To the OP; I feel sorry that some of these dipsh!ts ruined your thread. Mods, if you feel that my post is out of line... please delete it. I just can't stand when people who claim to be 'high-end collectors' know nothing about the ways of this business and how corals live/grow/appear. :)

delete it? please, it's one of the most sensible posts in the whole thread.

I don't understand either. The "original" pic is not a real red hornet

Or.. you can contact Noobreef408, MakoyPinoy or any of the other people who first got these polyps.

The pic is makaypinoy's, here's the first one

red_hornet_008.JPG

And a later picture, with the new LE superglue that colors up too.

fallfrag09_056.JPG

Robert from Neptunes would backhand this idiot just for disrespecting the game like that.. who the hell is an organism? No one. So stfu and continue scraping coraline off the glass at Petco like you contribute to the hobby.

lol, the only things I know about robert from neptunes are a) he bought the red hornets at the wholesaler I work at, which leads into b, he would probably not appreciate you flaming people that work there on his behalf.

Now that the arguments are over with, let's have a little courtesy for the other people on this site that may just wanna see this experiment play out without 8 more pages of you just not getting the fact that the people who didn't agree with you back on page 3 just aren't going to. I'm sure everyone's been very patient with your personal attacks on nearly every post, so it's time to appreciate and return that respect by sitting back and waiting for how right you'll be when they don't color up the same.

1) I must be doing something wrong because my sand is white and kinda brownish in spots. The sand in the picture is blue like Smurf blood or something. How can that be an accurate picture of how anything looks.? ;)

2) I am interested in seeing how this experiment plays out. To an extent I agree 100% that colour changes over time and under different lighting.

Following!

I collect high end zoas and have red hornets if they are not rare show me where I can get one please and some people like cheep corals some like high end stuff do that make the colloctors better no but we don't bash you for your cheep corals so I think some people are jealous but sutch is life lol you guys make me laugh funny stuff

This entire thread has been NOTHING but a bash fest....where have you been...Black Mark has put everyone on this thread down, directly attacked and insulted nearly all the people here, excepting "maybe 3 collectors"

How do you have the audacity to say "we don't bash you for cheep (sp-1) corals"?

This entire thread has been NOTHING but a bash fest....where have you been...Black Mark has put everyone on this thread down, directly attacked and insulted nearly all the people here, excepting "maybe 3 collectors"

How do you have the audacity to say "we don't bash you for cheep (sp-1) corals"?

And hes still a member here and posting. Do the mods not care about his personal attacks?

Personal attacks, or facts?

I've been called more names than anyone in this thread, ha.

Organism, you missed my point 100%. Thank you for confirming my thoughts.

Love,

-El Douché

Organism does not know what she is talking about.

I would call those zoas "Attention Whornets"

Robert from Neptunes would backhand this idiot just for disrespecting the game like that.. who the hell is an organism? No one. So stfu and continue scraping coraline off the glass at Petco like you contribute to the hobby.

Yeah it is, it just hasn't been put through Makoy's saturating processes yet. Most of the pictures of Devil's Aura are heavily photoshopped.

This is your second post in this thread, and it already contains personal attacks and no facts.

The thread continues downhill from here where you attacked other members as well, including myself.

C'mon lamers.. get off the thread so people can see some real results.. FWIW i'm gettin a free polyp of true purple hornets just for signin up on another forum.. not gonna be worth $10 a polyp after they get done handing out a thousand.

This is your second post in this thread, and it already contains personal attacks and no facts.

The thread continues downhill from here where you attacked other members as well, including myself.

Grow some skin then mr nano-reef detective, and don't slip on your tears.

WHOA... crazy debate. Black Mark, you've done a good job of making yourself look like a true douche.

I'm not one to get into these types of threads, but I just have to add my two cents. I too work in the industry and deal with coral on a commercial level. I am also a high-end 'collector' and TBH I could probably trump your half-assed collection of "LE" stuff.

Let's talk about the topic at hand though, shall we? About two years ago I stopped over to a friends here in NY. He used to work for Sea Dwelling Creatures as a wholesale operator and has one helluva coral collection. Before any of this "hornet" craze came about, I noticed he had a neat zoa colony and so I picked it up (100+ polyps, not a frag). Guess what it ended up being? PURPLE HORNETS! Yes... not AOIs, Blue Steels or anything else. REAL DEAL PURPLE HORNETS. (I have lineaged ones too, so don't try and tell me that my corals aren't the same).

Then, ReefPets decided to submit them to ZoaID and put some on eBay. The price skyrocketed and it became one of most "known" corals in the industry. When I first saw my friends colony, guess what it looked like? Similar to the picture by Organism, a crappy looking zoa. But with time, flow, lighting and good husbandry, they came out in the end looking outstanding.

My point in saying this is... just because it isn't photoshopped and fully colored up, does NOT mean that it's not the real thing. Besides... who in the fcuk are you to go around stomping your feet like everyone owes you something? Not everyone on this site is a 'newb' and the OP was just trying to make a point, as well as spread some coral love. Why are you jealous of that? Go beat off to pictures of the MyMiami Chalice that you probably paid $1k for. Guess what? I have a colony of that too that I paid under $300 for. Need me to post pictures? I will.

To the OP; I feel sorry that some of these dipsh!ts ruined your thread. Mods, if you feel that my post is out of line... please delete it. I just can't stand when people who claim to be 'high-end collectors' know nothing about the ways of this business and how corals live/grow/appear. :)

Wait you had a 100+ polyp colony of purple hornets but you still decided to sell frags at $300+? Get off your high horse and realize that you're not any better than these people you're bashing. Your in this hobby for profit just like these retailers, there is no need to act like you're above them.

Wait you had a 100+ polyp colony of purple hornets but you still decided to sell frags at $300+? Get off your high horse and realize that you're not any better than these people you're bashing. Your in this hobby for profit just like these retailers, there is no need to act like you're above them.

Thank you!!!!!!! Powerbrite hustler!

Grow some skin then mr nano-reef detective, and don't slip on your tears.

You havent offended me what-so-ever, so you can just knock off the tough guy act.

I was just pointing out that you DID attack members.

C'mon lamers.. get off the thread so people can see some real results.. FWIW i'm gettin a free polyp of true purple hornets just for signin up on another forum.. not gonna be worth $10 a polyp after they get done handing out a thousand.

Lets hope so. :)

You havent offended me what-so-ever, so you can just knock off the tough guy act.

I was just pointing out that you DID attack members.

Okay? Who cares? Are you these peoples nanny? Do you lick their wounds all the time? I mean seriously, if you want to speak PM me or something and I'll let you know. All you're doing is adding nothing to this thread.. seems like whining and sad faces.

Okay? Who cares? Are you these peoples nanny? Do you lick their wounds all the time? I mean seriously, if you want to speak PM me or something and I'll let you know. All you're doing is adding nothing to this thread.. seems like whining and sad faces.

Heres some whining and sad faces for you :unsure: :unsure: :tears: :tears:

Heres some whining and sad faces for you :unsure: :unsure: :tears: :tears:

I can make people smile, and happy as well you know. I'm not Satan or anything.

I can make people smile, and happy as well you know. I'm not Satan or anything.

I never called you Satan, and in fact you have made me laugh plenty of times.

Archived