Coral Vue Hydros

Official "What else can you get?" Thread

johnmaloney

Monochrome5

Stop faking it and get back to work!! Hehe just kidding. Hope you're back to 100% soon, John! Glad to hear you're keeping a positive attitude with it all as well.

Assorted Micro Porcelain Crabs --> I want two of these :) And/or a Squat Lobster, if you ever run into one.

johnmaloney

micro porcelains we can get often, not squat lobsters though, they are in a different ocean. (at least the ones i am thinking of).

out of the hospital! at least 2 months before i can dive :( If it was just the punctured lung it would be 6 weeks, but the spleen is the issue says my doc, 2 months no strenuous activity he said was the price not to cut it out of me. I quit smoking for good now though, overcame some fears (tube, needles to the belly), and have managed to contract with a diver while i was in the hospital to cover for me. Things are doing good, and should be improving. So while I wont be getting much other than the basics in for now, I am working on updating the site now that I am office work bound lol....good timing too, it is long overdue

Monochrome5
micro porcelains we can get often, not squat lobsters though, they are in a different ocean. (at least the ones i am thinking of).

out of the hospital! at least 2 months before i can dive :( If it was just the punctured lung it would be 6 weeks, but the spleen is the issue says my doc, 2 months no strenuous activity he said was the price not to cut it out of me. I quit smoking for good now though, overcame some fears (tube, needles to the belly), and have managed to contract with a diver while i was in the hospital to cover for me. Things are doing good, and should be improving. So while I wont be getting much other than the basics in for now, I am working on updating the site now that I am office work bound lol....good timing too, it is long overdue

Squat lobsters are universal and found everywhere from tidepools to hydrothermal vents :) Anywhere you'd normally find a hermit crab you can most likely find squat lobsters. They're usually really tiny, though (most under three inches, with the majority an inch or less). I'm sending you on a mission, sir. Go find me one. No "but my spleen hurts!" excuses, either! :P

Any chance you think chitons will survive being shipped to my 115g tank in Ohio? I need a puffer safe CUC...

Let us know when the website is all caught up to speed. I just finished cycling, got a GHA outbreak, and want to get my CUC ordered soon... But don't want to miss out on anything you have that isn't listed! I totally want to get some oddball macros and CUC members, for the greatest bio diversity possible.

I'm just itching to get some life into this thing:

IMG_0674.jpg

edit- Since I'm interested in getting stuff like micro porcelain crabs, should I shoot an email to admin@reefcleaners, PM you, or what? They're not listed on the website, so there's no price or anything...

Edited by kgoldy
  • 6 months later...
Mangrove Tunicate Ecteinascidia turbinata Clusters normally 4'' in diameter

et.jpg

Oooooh, pretty.

I'm thinking of decorating my mangroves with stuff that normally grows around them, and getting rid of all the chaeto in the HOB fuge to make it more display worthy (not that anyone looks over the reef to see it). Are mangrove tunicates easy enough to attach to the trees with super glue?

And are there any small (like stay small) frogfish that you come across? I'm starting to fall in love with those little things.

Oh sorry, not sure how I missed this.

Mangrove tunicates are easy to attach, hard to keep alive for any length of time.Certain times of the year they are ridiculously abundant, other times just a few here and there. I should try to figure out what changes that time of year, I think a google search will find a post I made about them, and that will have the time of year. You can tie them to something, I would use fishing line instead of glue. Or get them attached to something already, and attach that.

I rarely come across frogfish, and even less often with something to hold them in, I use all mesh really, and that is a problem for everything but shelled inverts and plants. I had a cool black one awhile ago, but I am far away from shipping fish. Would need another warehouse I think. I have toyed with the idea, but we aren't ready yet to do it right.

-

Collected a curlique anemone with a Periclimenes shrimp that is spotted in colors identical to the curlique. The anemone is on a barnacle cluster, tiny little shrimp, he doesn't leave the nem at all. That is available now.

Edited by johnmaloney
Collected a curlique anemone with a Periclimenes shrimp that is spotted in colors identical to the curlique, (or however you spell it). The anemone is on a barnacle cluster, tiny little shrimp, he doesnt leave the nem at all. That is available now.

I want this... Real hard bad.

• 8 years later...

Are the teardrop decorator crabs the same as the micro decorators? When I look them up, I'm seeing a lot of pictures of orange crabs.

• Like 1
johnmaloney

The shipping team may have mixed some up, I sell them all under the same heading now but if you made a purchase before then shoot me an email and I will refund them I can't see any detail really form the pictures. 

• 1 year later...

Seeing this list, how ARE rough headed blennies and goldline blennies in tanks?  All I can find on either is that they're reef safe, but a lot of the blennies that are more commonly kept are listed that way and will nip at corals/clams.  

Also can you collect molluscs that aren't just the flame clams?  Or do those fall into the same category of being nearly impossible to keep alive in captivity as well?  Are they legal to collect?  I never seem to see them for sale anywhere, but I don't know if that's because no one wants to look at them in a tank (except weirdos like me!) or if it's because they are protected like the stony corals are.  

johnmaloney

I am big fan of blennies, you won't get unbiased opinion out of me. Gobies and blennies I think are the ideal aquarium fish. I don't carry fish though.

We carry the cross barred venus clam, it is easy to keep in captivity. It isn't particularly attractive, but it is a fun curiosity and does help filter your tank (to some extent, it is a small species).

I ran out of tank space awhile ago, we don't really do oddballs anymore but our selection grew. Anything I carry that isn't on the normal part of the website can be found here in the out of season section:

https://www.reefcleaners.org/aquarium-store/out-of-season

There are a lot of other species I could source, but I don't think they are compatible in captivity for one reason or another. 

I could order one from KP, that's no problem.  I love the way they look and hop around, I just can't seem to find anything that says if they're really reef safe, or if they'll end up nipping things like fan worms or corals eventually.  

I'll definitely have to get some of the venus clams from you.  They're cute.  And watch the site for restocking days.  

Thank you!