inTank Media Baskets

Kitty's 34G Oceanic Cube

Kittysnax

Why can't you just dose the new water up to tank level before doing the WC?

I suppose I could do that :lol:

Today I decided not to dose. My Mg is at 1580 and I think since majority of the stuff came off last night with a toothbrush it might be best to let it "cook" at this level. I might do a WC Monday. Depends how my husband feels since he was just told hes gotta have surgery for bloody coughs and vomiting hes had for like 3 years...so we gotta prepare for that now. :<

Clearer FTS:

DSC01586.jpg

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are the fish? Probably contacting a fish attorney about suing the slumlord who isn't giving them a WC! Heheh.

GL to the husband!

Where are the fish? Probably contacting a fish attorney about suing the slumlord who isn't giving them a WC! Heheh.

GL to the husband!

Thanks ^_^

rofl the ONE shot the clown didnt want to have a say so in! LOL Hes fine, swimmin around like a 'tard, fat n happy, nice deep colors.

Why can't you just dose the new water up to tank level before doing the WC?

When cycling a tank it's better to not do water changes. You remove a ton of the bacteria you're looking for and set yourself back a few steps actually.

When cycling a tank it's better to not do water changes. You remove a ton of the bacteria you're looking for and set yourself back a few steps actually.

No if anything you'd be removing the ammonia and nitrite that the bacteria you are trying to grow out use for food and delay their growth accordingly.

But she's not cycling a tank, she's dosing mag to kill the algae...

No if anything you'd be removing the ammonia and nitrite that the bacteria you are trying to grow out use for food and delay their growth accordingly.

But she's not cycling a tank, she's dosing mag to kill the algae...

Im just worried about the die off from the Bryo. :<

Thanks guys ;3

The tank is looking so much better. I think I feel better about it more than the clown LOL!

Asked and answered, your honor.

Pardon me, I was unaware that I intruded on your excellent advice as I rarely take the time to catch up on threads before responding.

oops i almost forgot to mention I have these little "gnat" lookin things allllllll over the tank. Im guessin/hopin they are pods. They are about the size of a pinhead. The only reason I can see them and no one else in the house can is because I have sweet ass close-up vision LOL! But they are bug-like, moving, and alive. My tank has lice roflmao!

Pardon me, I was unaware that I intruded on your excellent advice as I rarely take the time to catch up on threads before responding.

The number of times you post "I came here to say that" gives the lie to this ^ :P

oops i almost forgot to mention I have these little "gnat" lookin things allllllll over the tank. Im guessin/hopin they are pods. They are about the size of a pinhead. The only reason I can see them and no one else in the house can is because I have sweet ass close-up vision LOL! But they are bug-like, moving, and alive. My tank has lice roflmao!

If they're swimming, they're likely copepods.

If they crawl but on the live rock only, they're likely amphipods.

If they're stuck in the glass, they're likely hydroids.

If they're swimming, they're likely copepods.

If they crawl but on the live rock only, they're likely amphipods.

If they're stuck in the glass, they're likely hydroids.

they crawl on everything, but ive seen them swim as well LOL theres a good bit on the glass as well

OClownsandNanos

Congrats - I'm glad the Kent Tech M's working! Yup, what violinist said. I'm almost more excited about future coral selection than the fish right now.

Yea Im really itchin for some neon green gsp, some candy canes, some neon blue or purple shrooms...i dunno! LOL!

Yea Im really itchin for some neon green gsp, some candy canes, some neon blue or purple shrooms...i dunno! LOL!

well...mom and dad are giving me 50$ for my bday to get some corals....what to get now lol

So what are you thinking?? 50 bucks could get you a fair amount of shrooms or rics. Or a few heads of FS or torch.

I dunno...torch sounds nice and wavey

Archived