Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kitty's 34G Oceanic Cube

Kittysnax

The husband just announced he wants a 75Gallon Mixed Reef Tank..............................FML

Im tryin to talk him into a 40G breeder LOL....or MAYBE a Red Sea Max 250L....IF I can get a discount on one.....

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank is coming along!

Big mistake on the pseudo! Those fish are so agressive. I wish more than anything that I could take it out of my tank!

I had that same pseudo with some clowns and damsels and he never messed with anyone who didn't mess with him. Ignored the clowns completely. Probably depends on the fish.

I had that same pseudo with some clowns and damsels and he never messed with anyone who didn't mess with him. Ignored the clowns completely. Probably depends on the fish.

Hes been pretty docile, but the orange clown has kicked the black one out of the flowerpot and they are constantly fighting with each other now. The pseudo is like, "wtf did you put me into?!?!" The dont fight like they did when I introduced the pseudo, but they are still nipping...Maybe its puberty 0_o

Well my 1st payday....and I couldnt resist the employee discount so I brought these home. Bi+<h and groan all you want, I got a BTA, o well, my stats are fine. Go fly a Kite ROFL!

Toadstool momma w/baby:

DSC01784.jpg

Long Tentacle Plate:

DSC01786.jpg

Grumpy BTA:

DSC01787.jpg

Montipora?

DSC01785.jpg

Skunky:

DSC01795.jpg

FTS:

DSC01791.jpg

Ill get better pics tomorrow since I am off work and can get pics after the lights have been on for a few hours. Everyone is still grumpy from me shutting off the lights to acclimate and stuff :/

Well I did a waterchange yesterday after work. My SA was pretty low before I changed (1.020) so I figured that could be why my toadstool hadnt been open since day one. I upped my SA to 1.027/8ish and it still isnt open. It has been 24 hours and everything else in the tank is in check. Does anyone else have experience with toadstool leathers being tempermental?

On a side note I caught my shrimp cleaning my pseudo (whos been a model citizen!) and my black clown feeding my BTA. Things like that are fun to watch after a long day of scrubbing wormy puppy kennels LOL!

Toadstool in Question:

DSC01809.jpg

LTP all opened:

DSC01804.jpg

Shrimp and Pseudo:

DSC01807.jpg

Black Clown and BTA. Possibly the best pic I have taken in a long time:

DSC01806.jpg

Also, my FW Planted tank has EXPLODED with Shrimpletts!

DSC01800.jpg

Toadstool leathers will close up and open fairly regularly. Scrunching up like yours is in the pic is normal also. I wouldn't worry about it.

Toadstool leathers will close up and open fairly regularly. Scrunching up like yours is in the pic is normal also. I wouldn't worry about it.

Thank socal. I am worried though cause today my gonipora and everything else EXCEPT the plate and yuma are closed. Even the BTA. So I think since my params are fine, SA is fine, everything else is fine, it MIGHT be a contamination problem...in which case........its time for another water change.

I cant be 100% if my hands were clean enough when I water changed on monday. I probably should have scrubbed up to my sholders when I washed my hands with boiling hot water...then again I think bleach can still be on your hands even after a hot water soak. :<

Thank socal. I am worried though cause today my gonipora and everything else EXCEPT the plate and yuma are closed. Even the BTA. So I think since my params are fine, SA is fine, everything else is fine, it MIGHT be a contamination problem...in which case........its time for another water change.

I cant be 100% if my hands were clean enough when I water changed on monday. I probably should have scrubbed up to my sholders when I washed my hands with boiling hot water...then again I think bleach can still be on your hands even after a hot water soak. :<

When in doubt, do a water change. Good idea.

well it just hit me last night, that leathers can secrete toxins...so...Im running carbon for a bit. Things were more open today, minus the leather. I also did some re-arranging so everything is pissed again rofl. I expect better things tomorrow though. ^_^

The baby on the leather looks a lil retarded though, I dont know if it will make it 0_o I moved the leather where the Goni was and the Goni to the top of the pink rock. I also moved the BTA rock around so I can see him better. I also think he'll get better light/flow there too so we'll just have to see. I'll try and get a pic when I get home tomorrow, hopefully everything will be settled by then....Now to see if my clowns dont have a postal freak out now that thier homes are all moved around!!!

Actually, heres some pix about 20 mins after the rescape. The leather looks horribad :/

Dusty FTS:

DSC01810.jpg

Gonipora (I think maybe it is two seperate animals?)

DSC01813.jpg

Bottom:

DSC01814.jpg

PO'd BTA:

DSC01816.jpg

Sad Leather:

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01811.jpg

See how the baby leather is all crippled and retarded lookin? :< Do you think it will bounce back? Cause everything is testing out safe and correct :<

Feeding and bounce back photos! (Fingers crossed on the leather lol) The carbon seemed to help alot. I also put in some Phos-Zorb since I am not able physically to do a WC this weekend. I am just too tired. Hopefully next weekend will be better.

Too Big:

DSC01819.jpg

Too Small:

DSC01836.jpg

(Everything I fed him, he spat out. Ill try again on Monday)

I dont know if hes spose to eat it...but he is...

DSC01818.jpg

DSC01824.jpg

DSC01835.jpg

Goni Bounce back:

DSC01829.jpg

The Orange clown found it and re-homed himself LOL

Bulletproof Ric:

DSC01825.jpg

GSP:

DSC01826.jpg

Cup:

DSC01831.jpg

Baby leather bounce back?

DSC01822.jpg

FTS:

DSC01821.jpg

edit: Oh and I also put in a special order for a Blue Spot Jawfish. Hopefully everything will be back to normal in my tank by the time he arrives. (A week or two)

meganistkrieg

Finally catching up on this - glad to see it's coming along so well! I can't wait to see pictures where everything is open and happy again. :lol: That cup coral is going to look fabulous once its polyps peep out, those are really cool looking coral.

The pictures of feeding the BTA are pretty funny. Finicky eaters are no fun! :P Love the goniopora too, that's one that I need to take a look at and see if I can keep... :wub:

Arkayology

You need to be feeding that GBTA much smaller pieces of food. I would suggest pea size portions for that size of BTA.

+1 on feeding it a small clump of mysis.

Kittysnax

lights just flipped on and the toadstool shed its waxy layer of skin. I turkey-bastered it up since I dont want it floating around and rotting. My sandbed is filthy. WC is penciled in for friday evening/sat morning. Im gonna attempt to feed the BTA smaller portions as well later today after everything wakes up.

I think its an improvement:

DSC01837.jpg

sleepy LTP and nasty bed....

DSC01838.jpg

Kittysnax

Tank is crashing. Its my fault I desperatley need to do a water change I just dont have the time. I came home today to the plate showing half of its skeleton, toadstool looks like sometihing has laid eggs under its skin, and the anemone is half awake.

Plate got pitched...there was NO saving it and it smelled horrible when I pulled it. I dont know about the toadstool though. I am gonna relay instructions to the husband on a water change and hopefully he can do one while I work tomorrow. The entire sandbed, glass, everything is covered in red/brown cyano lookin stuff. Im thinkin of also turnin in my starfish since I have a feelin he ate everything bacteria wise that was good...I was just in denial I suppose.

Work and the husbands surgery/disability is wearing me out......./sigh

edit: oh yea and my power went out on sunday due to a blown transformer >_>

Meengineer0128
Feeding and bounce back photos! (Fingers crossed on the leather lol) The carbon seemed to help alot. I also put in some Phos-Zorb since I am not able physically to do a WC this weekend. I am just too tired. Hopefully next weekend will be better.

Too Big:

DSC01819.jpg

Too Small:

DSC01836.jpg

(Everything I fed him, he spat out. Ill try again on Monday)

I dont know if hes spose to eat it...but he is...

DSC01818.jpg

DSC01824.jpg

DSC01835.jpg

Goni Bounce back:

DSC01829.jpg

The Orange clown found it and re-homed himself LOL

Bulletproof Ric:

DSC01825.jpg

GSP:

DSC01826.jpg

Cup:

DSC01831.jpg

Baby leather bounce back?

DSC01822.jpg

FTS:

DSC01821.jpg

edit: Oh and I also put in a special order for a Blue Spot Jawfish. Hopefully everything will be back to normal in my tank by the time he arrives. (A week or two)

Have fun with the Blue Spot Jawfish, lol. I had one and it ####ed up my acan garden. he kept spitting sand in them. One time when I was at work, he spat sand in one of them, it ingested the sand and died about two days later.

Kittysnax
Have fun with the Blue Spot Jawfish, lol. I had one and it ####ed up my acan garden. he kept spitting sand in them. One time when I was at work, he spat sand in one of them, it ingested the sand and died about two days later.

lol at this point i dont think ill have him anytime soon anyways...im not getting another thing until this water is clear and toxic-free again :<

Sorry to hear that your tank is crashing, hope you find some time to do those water changes :mellow:

That's a nice goniopora you have, how long have you had it?

It seems to like a lot of light, what about flow?

I ask because I just picked one up not long ago (not a stuchi, but some kind of red) and it's not fully extending, so ya know, gathering opinions ;)

Kittysnax
Sorry to hear that your tank is crashing, hope you find some time to do those water changes :mellow:

That's a nice goniopora you have, how long have you had it?

It seems to like a lot of light, what about flow?

I ask because I just picked one up not long ago (not a stuchi, but some kind of red) and it's not fully extending, so ya know, gathering opinions ;)

Ive had it since March 15th I think...Honestly with all this "sensitivity" talk about them I figured it would have been the 1st thing in the tank to disappear, but alas, it still comes out. It seems to like turbulent flow and my 150w MH lighting. I spot feed it "Phyto-feast" 2 times a week and it seems to enjoy it. My orange clown will NOT leave it alone though, always surfing and playing in it. I have some videos of it earlier in my thread and it has honestly been my favorite piece.

Arkayology

you need to get your params under control before that nem takes a nose dive and nukes your tank.

Let me put it in terms of WoW for you: you need to spam cleanse or your tank will die and it is a wipe. Oh, and MORE DOTS!

Archived