inTank Media Baskets

Kitty's 34G Oceanic Cube

Kittysnax

Nice stuff, you should come see us on SETRS now and then lol :lol:

I keep tryin but everytime I update here, my husband drags me away to help him do somthing.....since hes on disability/sick leave now for like a month. ROFL! Gimmie a bit Ill copy pasta and hopefully be able to stay a bit. I noticed most people are on there in the evenings so Ill try and drop by tonight ;3 I HAVENT FORGOTTEN!

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a quick question, are to planning to make a sump for this later on or just stick with the AC70 mod?

comparing if i should for my 34 gallon. cuz i plan on a sump with a skimmer for it too!...seems like overkill now after watching yours develop

just a quick question, are to planning to make a sump for this later on or just stick with the AC70 mod?

comparing if i should for my 34 gallon. cuz i plan on a sump with a skimmer for it too!...seems like overkill now after watching yours develop

I really want to make a sump, but really I dont want to do it until I can get the proper parts for it (a slower pump, a strainer, etc) Im too worried about a flood and since Im not paying rent right now, I dont want to worry whether or not it will overflow onto the floor and ruin the only room in the house with carpeting! Sure its old and gross carpeting, but still, I dont wanna be the one who has to pay for new floors ROFL!

Eventually I plan on moving the skimmer to the sump, but that is a long ways off since I have decided to put the sump on hold until we can afford to live on our own again. So for now, Ill just deal with the massive ugly eyesore that is the pump for the skimmer inthe display tank. I might end up getting a smaller pump size wise (for the skimmer)that is just as powerful, but I havent really looked into it seriously yet.

So a short answer: Im gonna keep it runnin with the AC70 and HOB skimmer. :lol:

good stuff ! i'm totally stressing about my sump and overflow designs! :D cuz i have zoa frags waiting for me LOL which is the worst! cause now i cant really wait around and go "i'll decide that later".

good stuff ! i'm totally stressing about my sump and overflow designs! :D cuz i have zoa frags waiting for me LOL which is the worst! cause now i cant really wait around and go "i'll decide that later".

Yea If I were you, Id at least have it pre-drilled like I did. You can always plug the bulkhead up just in case you decide to do it down the line. After reading all the threads before I started my tank everyones number one regret was not getting their tank drilled in the beginning. So even if you dont use it now, you never know LOL. Just be sure to get some teflon tape and wrap it around the plug before you put the plug in, I havent had a drop of water leak from the thing since I plugged it up!

And yes, Konolua FTW INDEED! :lol:

Some more pics. Remember things are still a bit unhappy from the water change.

Re-arranged FTS:

DSC01626.jpg

Yuma:

DSC01627.jpg

DSC01628.jpg

Happier Green Shroom, still not open all the way, but way more than he was in the light:

DSC01629.jpg

Irritated Flowerpot:

DSC01630.jpg

Moved GSP:

DSC01631.jpg

Moved Red Grac.

DSC01632.jpg

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum:

DSC01633.jpg

DSC01634.jpg

I know one of them will turn out to be a female and the other a male...but for some reason I find the need to name everything I get "Steve" and "Ed"....Even the two executioners that take up each of my sholderblades are called steve and ed.....wth?

Nightlights/Chaeto Lights:

DSC01635.jpg

----

DSC01636.jpg

PLEASE let me know if this is too much light leakage. I am hoping it isnt because it looks nice, but if it is, Im going to have to find something to help block it out.

woah..in one picture i looked like you had 3 clowns!..you have 2 right...if you dont i;m gunna feel real stupid atm LOL.

no night moon lights?

woah..in one picture i looked like you had 3 clowns!..you have 2 right...if you dont i;m gunna feel real stupid atm LOL.

no night moon lights?

Yea I have 2 :lol: The side glass casts a mirror-image when you look at it from an angle, which is cool :P I WANTED moonlights, but went with the halide/t5 combo. It was a unbeatable price but didnt come with moonlights. I am also only using the Halide Fixture....but my husband thinks I'll use the t5 later......so.....we'll just go with that LOL!!!! The next fixture I get will have moonlights, but I dont see myself getting a new fixture until I run this one into the ground. I love it. For the money its perfect for what I wanted.

loll hubby's help? LOL maybe? or = more fire hazard? omgomgomg

Hes a computer nerd....but not that great at electrical wiring. If that makes any sense? ROFLMAO

Nightlights/Chaeto Lights:

DSC01635.jpg

----

DSC01636.jpg

PLEASE let me know if this is too much light leakage. I am hoping it isnt because it looks nice, but if it is, Im going to have to find something to help block it out.

Looks good. There are some very easy moonlight LEDs available. No wiring needed! (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0011WWVAI/ref=asc_df_B0011WWVAI1057161?tag=the004-20&creative=380333&creativeASIN=B0011WWVAI&linkCode=asn) Just put a small screw if connecting to a canopy or it may just clip on the back of the tank! Done!

Ran tests, everything back down to 0/0/0. Figured my tank has a phosphate prob right now since it seems I have gone through a diatom bloom again. I think it may be linked to the fact I been feeding my Flowerpot the Phyto-feast. I cut back on the clowns feeding regimen so hopefully that will help. Husband picked up a starfish today........I think it is a sand-sifting star. He said they had them in their reef displays so I assume its reef safe. I'll keep an eye on him either way.

TONS of Pics:

Star:

DSC01637.jpg

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01647.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

He fell over....

DSC01639.jpg

He's righted himself!

DSC01640.jpg

Bleh:

DSC01641.jpg

Yuma:

DSC01642.jpg

Flowerpot:

DSC01643.jpg

GSP:

DSC01644.jpg

They will NOT stop hosting the magfloat!!!!!!!! D:<

DSC01646.jpg

LOLL!! hosting the mag :P i hinting to you. "BTA, WHERE ARE YOU BTA!!" :tears:

nice star btw

At this point....with my luck....Id put one in there and they'd still host the magfloat.......Hell they have the flowerpot and they dont even look at it.....I even moved the magfloat down closer to it and nope, not a bite LOL!

take a picture of your flowerpot and photoshop some clown in it :D and tape it to your tank for a day! :D

rlacerdoclown_400.jpg

LOL I have heard of that many times, but does it really work? ROFLMAO! :lol:

wth...my mushroom detached from the rock and looks like its dying....I thought these things were bulletproof? Is there any way to save it? Everything else in the tank looks amazing, so I guess maybe too much light?

Usually when a softy let's go it because of too much light or dirty water. Since everything else is doing ok I would assume it's the light. Catch it I you can. Put the shroom in a cup with some rubble. Put the cup in a shady area or use a colored plasticcup to shade the shroom. Hopefully the shroom will attatch to the rock. Then place the shroom in the shade. If it looks like it is reaching for the light move it out a bit. This process might take a month.

ya it probably isnt accumulated with your light. just put it under that piece of overhang you have

It was under it, at least I thought it was LOL! I was going to try to do the cup/rubble method, but I cant find where it went. We went out to eat and now its gone. If I see it again then Ill be sure to net it out and try that. I also discovered it seems that I have some green slime algae on the sand. It has to be linked to the phyto-feast I use to feed my Flowerpot cause Im feeding the fish the same amount as I have been in the past. I might try to cut back on the Phytofeast. I didnt feed it yesterday and it didnt seem distressed so maybe I should just feed it every other day and the feed the fish on the opposite days. Maybe only 2 times a week or somthing. I have been having to put a little more fish food in there, but not much because the orange clown seems to be bullying the other out of food. He gets enough though to make his belly fat so I think he'll be fine if I fed them 2-3 times a week instead of every other day. O well, at least the snails seem to be enjoying this...I even see the nerites out of their corner moving around now at night, only to go back up into that same corner to sleep during the daytime lol. /sigh

Archived