SaltCritters.com

Kitty's 34G Oceanic Cube

Kittysnax

Ugh last Friday I came home to an overheated tank......yea...the day I lugged like 15/20 Gallons of RO water home only to find the tank at a whopping 88F.....Our AC finally friedf and the halides just cooked most of everything. Basically all the fish, the Goni, GSP, and Shroom made it. Im not sure on the cup, But it seems to be coming back. I dontk now how long it was at that temp, but I didnt loose much when I look back at it. I think a few snails and my emerald died, but I cant find his body. The nem was melted into a goop pile, as was the leather. My chaeto seemed like half of it turned to mush. Oh and my K1 is fried....I have no idea how/why.

Anyways. I did the WC on Saturday. I did maybe 30/40%. Tank looks better, but I AM combating the start of hair, red cyano and bubble algae. So I snagged some hermits and emerald crabs from work yesterday. Ill bring some more water home on Friday if I remember and do about 20% Saturday again.

Pix:

Goni that misses its flow:

DSC01846.jpg

Cup:

DSC01847.jpg

GSP JUST opened last night:

DSC01848.jpg

"Peirre" the Skunk Cleaner:

DSC01849.jpg

The "feesh"

DSC01850.jpg

I know its invasive, but I liked it.

DSC01851.jpg

This was a free floating sponge that attached to this rock w/bubble algae and newly emerging shroom:

DSC01852.jpg

Oh yea...and my Jawfish came in today so depending on things, I may bring him home Friday/Saturday!! Then thats all the fish I am keeping.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

been a long time since i updated. work is wearin me out. nothing new in the tank besides a few random frags that the urchins at work have used to camo themselves. Everything else is still alive n kickin. I have a bit of a cyano problem on the sand, but i think that could be from my k1 dying. I plan either upgrade to a RSM130D or downgrade to a Biocube 29. I want to move the whole thing into our Gamer Room now, so i want an AIO. Anywho just thought Id update.

update:

day 2 of Jawfishs' AWOL. no signs of carpet surfing or filter jumps.....no new homes built.....no body...wthf?

meganistkrieg
update:

day 2 of Jawfishs' AWOL. no signs of carpet surfing or filter jumps.....no new homes built.....no body...wthf?

You have a lot of sandbed there - I would think he's just hiding somewhere clever if you haven't seen any body anywhere...

• 1 month later...

Blah I got moved into the fishroom, so I am working 40 hours a week monday-friday. by the time the weekends comes all i wanna do is sleep LOL. Jawfish had to have jumped. I ended up with a breeding pair of 3 striped damsels. All my fish are doing well, Im just super tired to really take care of the tank. I was gonna downgrade to the 29 biocube, but decided to buy a car instead LOL. Ill get pics this weekend. ^_^

edit: i also downgraded to 4 t5's instead of the Metal Halide. My room was getting too hot for comfort. Everything is doing fine under them though.

Archived