Top Shelf Aquatics

Unofficial Pico Methodology Contest

Growerguy

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if it's a mobile invertebrate that serves as a detritovore, it's a part of the clean up crew. Irrespective of price or relative "rarity", it still serves a functional purpose and as such I think it'd be ridiculous to say no. After all, the contest is testing our methodology as reefers, inevitably that will have to evolve and adapt to make truly successful long-term reefs :)

Go hard, man.

so then I would be able to add my Lettuce sea hare to my 3 gal pico. (not that i will lol) and while I'm at it I'll add another emerald crab and a nerite and maybe an Astrea snail.

I am kidding i dont need them in my tank and wont add them haha, reef does have a purpose - the eradication of his algae. though I kinda wish i could, you know, add random CUC members to my tank to make it more interesting. sexy shrimp are CUC lol, they eat left over food :lol:

Where is CK?!? :o

The strange part of this is that he pm'ed me about the emerald crab at 9 am yesterday and he did say its ok

C K where are you???

Im not even though my tank really doesnt have much of anythang in it.My corals where not growing because of the lack of water changes so I have moved them all out,So the only thang in my tank is a damsel.I am a sure win for this contest!! :haha:

I am here --- sort of.

Basically been crazy sick for the last 3 weeks and still not better yet. Went to the Doctor again today. Maybe this time the shot will work. Also During all this the LED's in the pico Lamp started to go out. Not sure whats up with that but between being sick and missing a whole bunch of work I really have no time to figure it out, so ...............................

I really need to respectfully pull the Pico Lamp out of the contest..

I will still be around to administer the contest so please nobody back out just because of me. Just be a little patient with me over the next week or two as I hopefully get better and have more time to spend on forums.

I did put a place marker in the FTS thread for the start of November. My parents are coming to my house for a week starting tomorrow and will edit that post for the new official roster for Nov as soon as they leave.

Sorry for the confusion. Sucks being this sick and sucks making it this far and feeling the need to pull out.

So are taking the tank down or not if not I say you just skip this month and pick it up this nov. Month. What does every body else think?????

I think all things considered, skip this month's submission man. Don't pull out this close to the end, particularly not because of hardware failing while you're sick. I know how sucky it is to deal with so I can sympathise easily... I'm sure the others will agree too. Sickness shouldn't get in the road of proving a long-term methodology's success.

Do feel better though, regardless of what goes on.

C_K you can't give up now, I say just post in November...

Hey guys what eats flatworms??? (I'll add it to my tank to after the end of the contest of course).

Just send me a PM if you have any suggestions... thanx.

Hey guys what eats flatworms??? (I'll add it to my tank to after the end of the contest of course).

Velvet Blue Nudibranch...but they live only 3 months or so, get killed by pumps EASILY, and will starve after the worms are gone.

SOME six line wrasses do a good job, are cool and beautiful fish, and will eat other things.

Of course you can use FWE or other med, but dead FW corpses will poison your tank, requiring major water change and big carbon on board.

HTH!

oooh lol, I didnt think that :P

I know that in FW many people dont know that Bettas and other anabantoids are good at eating flatworms.

Archived