Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Unofficial Pico Methodology Contest

Growerguy

I think a few people dropped out with no more communication from them.

It's a shame, there were a bunch of nice tanks that missed a month, but no doubt had the ability to go the distance.

If you guys are okay with it, I'll start a new thread to show the comparison shots for everyone who is still in, and from there we can transfer it to the general forum to have a poll for (?) amount of time based on the criteria.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i say lets start it up. so once we post our jan. pic can we add livestock. and i say we let the voting go for like a week. tell me if thats to long as this is the first contest for me

I say lets get this over with.I would really like to add stuff to my tank!!!I am going to clean mine and move some rocks around tonight for my last picture.The sooner everyone posts the soon its is done.

lol sorry I will have to be the party pooper and say that the best time for me to be posting my FTS is toward the end of the month... But if I can, I'll try to get a good last one before the 19th of this month. after the 18th, college starts again and things are going to get too busy for me to be on here much.

I'm preparing for sweeping power cuts and such here thanks to the rapidly rising floodwaters and I've got no backup system for this tank (or any of the other 4) that still works... so I'm pretty much preparing to say goodbye to my pico :( I'll keep you guys updated if the condition changes...

Try to keep it up just a bit longer and chances are you will win this contest nork. if the power goes out do a battery backup or something..but not with the light...yes idk now cant think of anything to help sorry :(

Mate, both my battery backups have failed. The irony is my office is above a battery shop... d'oh. It'll be out for too long anyway, we're expecting 3-4 days of no power in most parts. :/

cr*p, well can you at least oxygenate the tank? battery airpump? if not then manualy mix water with something, swirl, scoop and pour some back into the tank, anything that gets the water agitated and the oxygen dissolved so the tank doesnt suffocate( do this like every few hours whenever you can). Will you have problems with heating? how is your room/building heat, good enough? heat the room to your normal tank temp or a little below if its too high. For light you could move it next to a window and get sunlight, it may not sound like much but sunlight actually does the corals a lot of good. Just trying to think of things to keep your pico alive.

so bigrok were you going to start a thread with a poll for final fts pics. And once we post our pics we can add stuff right so newman your not really a party pooper

I'm definitely patient enough to wait out the end of the month for the contest.

We can post our pics anytime during the month as per the contest rules.

I have already posted my photos and now will be changing my tank around as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

Hopefully we can all make it by the end of this month!

I'm starting the other thread which I will edit as we go, and then move the whole thing to the General Discussion for the final voting time, which most likely will be Feb 1st to 7th, if everyone agrees.

As far as prizes go... ?

Step 1: Build picotope

Step 2: Win contest

Step 3: ?

Step 4: Profit!

With the way the clean-up effort is going I'm not sure I'm going to be in on time. This is one of the biggest disasters the country has ever had so time to do much more than clean up is a bit scarce...

That sucks Nork.

You might as well snap a few pictures now and if the opportunity arises to get a better one, then you could always use that one instead.

Either way, good luck, and I hope you make out okay there.

• 3 weeks later...
Where are Wendy and JoeD? :(

Aw crap... sorry guys I had intended to take a pic and then bow out, but I forgot. I got home from vacation to find that my green mini nem had gone wandering and wound up attached to the back wall near a return. kinda the last straw for me on this tank. Again, sorry that I did not officially bow out a few days ago. Best luck to everyone.

too bad Joe, you did have a very nice shallow tank, i wish i had a shallow tank...

careful what you wish for... this one will be for sale soon... I just wish I had the time to have done the contest justice...

Sorry to hear you bowed out Joe, you made it so far!

So I guess we should post a poll up in general discussion to get an idea of who the overall winner is, huh?

I guess since the contest moderators and prize suppliers all went by the wayside, it's just for bragging rights at this point, but we might as well do it, right?

Sorry to hear you bowed out Joe, you made it so far!

So I guess we should post a poll up in general discussion to get an idea of who the overall winner is, huh?

I guess since the contest moderators and prize suppliers all went by the wayside, it's just for bragging rights at this point, but we might as well do it, right?

To have continued would have been a disservice to everyone that tried... My husbandy of this tank was lacking to say the least... Yes, get a vote going. There should be a "finish" to this. Maintaining a pico for a year is something to be proud of.... It's been a good ride for everyone.

If anyone is interested, nice frag pack for overall winner. Shipping at cost.

Archived