Coral Vue Hydros

Unofficial Pico Methodology Contest

Growerguy

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys, if there is one thing I have learned from this contest, and I'm sure we can all agree, is that even just 5 months is a LONG time to go without doing something to your tank; adding a frag, a new fish, having a loss and not replacing it with something else.

As much as anyone will claim the longetivity of a pico as sustainable is limited, I claim the same about ANY tank. Losses happen and new stuff is added. I for one will probably never go 5 months again without adding or removing some component of my system. :)

Honestly, my Pico stinks right now.

I'm mostly still here cause I'm being stubborn and I refuse to quit.

I don't think I can win, but I wanna see how much I can turn it around in the last couple of months.

I was fortunate enough to love mine. I was glad about that. All I ever needed to do was prune. Now I can't believe I have to start it all over again.

I will say its back to running well and the pistol is in there having fun. Now I just need more stuff to put back in and bring it back to its glory. And the pistol needs a new buddy

thesmallerthebetter

hey guys.....

i dont know if this will be allowed, but i totally missed the deadline for novembers pic....

i was in the midst of moving, and totally forgot about the contest(i didnt even have a computer until early this week....)

i posted a pic, and pmed charles but have got no reply yet.....

i hope that being 6 days late doesnt disqualify me this late in the game....i understand if it does tho....

hey guys.....

i dont know if this will be allowed, but i totally missed the deadline for novembers pic....

i was in the midst of moving, and totally forgot about the contest(i didnt even have a computer until early this week....)

i posted a pic, and pmed charles but have got no reply yet.....

i hope that being 6 days late doesnt disqualify me this late in the game....i understand if it does tho....

I hate to be the Bad Guy, but I think 6 days is just too much and I personally would say No.

Sry.

thesmallerthebetter
I say we need the bodys in the contest but dang a week late any body else and CK where are you man???????

yea, a week is a long time. i was really just litterally overwhelmed with working and moving. although, i did send the pm to Charles on the second or first i belive....as soon as i had a computer....

I hate to be the Bad Guy, but I think 6 days is just too much and I personally would say No.

Sry.

no worries weets, i understand your reasoning completely..and i understand if i am disqualified for my delay

Well, I think the diehard rule from the beginning was really to have a shot in by the end of the month.

I would say that is the only rule that really stuck.

It's a shame though, this contest really did thin out.

On that note, I hope CK is doing alright. I know he was sick, and we haven't heard from him in nearly a month.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the last time he was on was Nov 6th.

Wasnt there a sponsor that was giving us a cleanup crew?

I wonder what is instore for the contest it is getting down to the last month.

• 2 weeks later...
thesmallerthebetter

im going to respectfully withdraw from this contest guys.

i dont feel that i can in good conscience take part having missed the last photo deadline.

i appreciate the oppurtunity to build alongside many of you, and my tank is going to be around for years to come, i assure you.

thank you charles and all for the wonderful experience, i wish you all the best.

(and i hope reef2.5 wins haha)

I guess we could start a thread in here and combine all our August/January phots like originally planned.

Then maybe start a poll in general discussion to determine the winner.

And then the winner... is teh win?

I forget what the ruling was exactly, was it We each take out August pic and the Jan pic and post them up for voting? Its supposed to be judged on two criteria, but I forgot what those were. pretty sure methodology was one of them, and which one had the most growth?...i dont remember lol.

can someone verify how wer're judging eachother's tanks?

Archived