Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

squirrel's 16 bow

squirrelieygrrrl

Arthur França

Uow , é bonita no Brasil os preços dos corais e os peixes , é MUCHO Dinero , a marrom é de 120 R $ = 50U $. E um grande e zoantídeo beatifull é 200R $ = 100U $.

Tchau

Desculpe por o meu Inglês.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squirrelieygrrrl
Your tank looks great!!!!! I like this one even better than the 10g you had. Our 10g has been taken down as well. I just have one tank now...the trusty custom 35g that I've had FOREVER. I don't have a page for it yet. It's done an amazing turn around....new growth and the coral is coloring up. I think the difference was changing my salt from D&D to Red Sea Coral Pro salt. It's the only change I've made.

I was fighting bryopsis for a while as well...it was EVERYWHERE!!!!! It died out on it's own, after a while. I also no longer have aptasia. It went away on it's own. I guess I've finally got decent water quality going on in that tank. It's great to see you back here again :)

awwwwuh! gena! *tackle hugs*

geez lady long time no see. great to know your still around too. ive thought about cha and your tank a few times. wasnt sure if you left for good.

thanks so much hun, this one is turning into my masterpiece for sure. though i have plans to change it around a bit too. remove some stuff and make space for more sps.

aw i loved your 10g. oh well, guess thats an excuse for you to start up a thread on the 35g. i wanna see!!!

ugh. byropsis and aptasia.... grrrr im in the midst of battling that crap as we speak. so far ive had no real results in getting rid of it. maybe ill get lucky and it will go away on its own like yours did. :fingerscrossed:

great to see you too. hope to see more of ya and your 35! better come by every now and then.

Uow , é bonita no Brasil os preços dos corais e os peixes , é MUCHO Dinero , a marrom é de 120 R $ = 50U $. E um grande e zoantídeo beatifull é 200R $ = 100U $.

Tchau

Desculpe por o meu Inglês.

muito obrigado por olhar para o meu aquário. Espero que vocês são capazes de obter um tanque começou, apesar de ser tão caro. Boa sorte para você.

desculpa a tradução aproximada do Google.

wow, great tank!!!!!!!! love it

and the unkown acro that you asked for an ID on looks like a purple plasma. they usually are a nice purple base with yellow/green tips and polyps...depending on placement

squirrelieygrrrl

thanks so much hun!

i rarely get feedback on this tank. not sure if its cuz i smell or what?! theres two that are unknown in here, are you talking about the branching one (might be a plana) or the tabling one? i am in love with that branching one for sure. such a score for 7 bucks.

thanks so much hun!

i rarely get feedback on this tank. not sure if its cuz i smell or what?! theres two that are unknown in here, are you talking about the branching one (might be a plana) or the tabling one? i am in love with that branching one for sure. such a score for 7 bucks.

yeah no worries girl, I feel like i talk to myself in my thread, but it does serve as a great journal for growth and progress...

and i'm talking about your most recent ID request, the branchy one. IDK about that table tho, pretty hard to ID

squirrelieygrrrl
I vote purple plasma (the branching one) as well. Definitely a great deal if you got it for $7!!

woot! i guess i did score. for some reason my lfs dosnt like sps, and says theres no market for it in the area. lucky me cuz that means i get great frags on the cheap.

yeah no worries girl, I feel like i talk to myself in my thread, but it does serve as a great journal for growth and progress...

and i'm talking about your most recent ID request, the branchy one. IDK about that table tho, pretty hard to ID

lulz. this is true, but some times ya just need a little love too.

very cool. thanks hun and glenn for the id. im not really into all the designer names for corals. im more of a taxonomic naming kind of gal. valuable info none the less, means i might get closer to a correct classification now that i have the common name for it.

ive poured through different sites trying to get some sort of an idea on the table. so far ive come up empty handed. its a weird cross between an encrusting and a tabling.

yes, feedback on your thread is good *AHEM reciprocation* lol

and I agree w/ 100% on scientific names for corals. I use these names for all the corals I know, but it's so hard to find the scientific names on the ORA corals. I even wanted to start a thread that names the ORA SPS and gives the actual latin name.

and as far as the tabling acro...almost all acros need to encrust a nice base before growing out. I have mille's and torts that encrusted like 2-3" before growing vertically...

here is a very helpful acro identifier...kinda hard to use since it is very detailed, but I use it as a more of a process of elimination

http://www.coralsee.org/ID/id.html

my guess is it's a a. paniculata or lokani. as it grows more, we will be able to be more definite.

squirrelieygrrrl

thank gawd.

some one else who isnt into all the designer coral naming hype. so ancillary if you ask me. you should so start a thread for that. would be valuable info for those of us who appreciate scientific names. when i first joined nr i was using taxonomic names for my stuff and got flamed for it. since then ive become one of the sheep that uses the designer names.

i do know that most encrust before branching. probably to have a stable base to support its weight once it grows. though this one has pretty much planed out now that its disc is completely encrusted. ive had very little to no lateral growth. hence why i said that its a little odd in that respect. guess i will just have to wait and see once it grows in a bit more to try and correctly id it. though im skeptical that its a lokani, i did consider that during my research. it has had no vertical growth at all. ill check out that link once i have some time to dedicate to more research. right now its time for me to get ready for work. bla.

thank gawd.

some one else who isnt into all the designer coral naming hype. so ancillary if you ask me. you should so start a thread for that. would be valuable info for those of us who appreciate scientific names. when i first joined nr i was using taxonomic names for my stuff and got flamed for it. since then ive become one of the sheep that uses the designer names.

i do know that most encrust before branching. probably to have a stable base to support its weight once it grows. though this one has pretty much planed out now that its disc is completely encrusted. ive had very little to no lateral growth. hence why i said that its a little odd in that respect. guess i will just have to wait and see once it grows in a bit more to try and correctly id it. though im skeptical that its a lokani, i did consider that during my research. it has had no vertical growth at all. ill check out that link once i have some time to dedicate to more research. right now its time for me to get ready for work. bla.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=247908

thread made!!!!

and yeah, let that bad boy grow some then maybe we can tell. Enjoy work! I'm still on vacation for 2 more weeks lol

squirrelieygrrrl

lucky you!

k,

so that thing didnt work for me at all. no matter what i put into it the last page always showed up blank. maybe my java isnt current? or it dosnt like me. <_< i have seen that before and wasnt patient enough the last time i tried to use it. :lol:

i do have another handy site for acro id. you have to become a member, but imo its so worth it. tons of clear pics with all the good sciency stuff like names and distribution.

click this

durr my brain is so fried i forgot to add the link :lol:

not gonna lie, it doesnt work for me either... HAHAH it has worked before I figured it was my computer. It was really handy back when...

so you should start posting in the naming thread. I did a bunch of research on the names...it's pretty tough. Most people who have anything named have the corals listed as acropora sp. :angry:

like that's helpful

squirrelieygrrrl

took a metric chit ton of shots last night and this morning. heres what i came up with. most of them are kind of crappy, i hate curved glass. never again will i do a bow front.

fts2-2.jpg

not much changed here. a few slight adjustments.

birdsnest.jpg

abusedstag.jpg

i hacked away at the stag a bit, gave some to pismo and a few are growing out in my tank. hated to do it, but it was starting to shade too many things.

leptastrea3.jpg

finally! a not so crappy shot of the gold leptastrea. i really like these guys. possibly my new fav lps.

leptastrea4.jpg

the new leptastrea! love the coloration on this one. there damn hard to photograph though.

surprisegoodie.jpg

ive been waiting on this one to color up. totally thinking it was worth the wait.

trachy.jpg

my preciousss...

monti-2.jpg

planet.jpg

im having some sps coloration issues. gonna have to dial that one down.

yuma-2.jpg

newbies.jpg

two of the new goodies from pismo.... there a little abused but they should come back to their former glory in no time. not sure what that chalice was, only time will tell there. i think the favia is a babys breath. i have a feeling this one is gonna take a while to come back.

comments? suggestions? ideas!? please.

hard to give suggestions on a tank like yours... but I would put like a suncoral or dendro in the middle shaded area!!! right under the pocilopora

Arthur França

Your crocea clam, it's very beatiful and the Open brain too but the prices limit me again.

Ps: squirrelieygrrrl, your portuguese don't are very bad rsrs.

Abraços a todos! :D

squirrelieygrrrl
hard to give suggestions on a tank like yours... but I would put like a suncoral or dendro in the middle shaded area!!! right under the pocilopora

:blush: fanks. ive been toying with the idea of nps. but i dont know that i have the time to dedicate to its feeding. plus im slowly transitioning to a LNS. so not terribly practical for my goal. though i would like to find several low light corals to put in those shaded areas. just havnt come up with any thing good besides the leptastrea. i might try another psammacora tho.

Your crocea clam, it's very beatiful and the Open brain too but the prices limit me again.

Ps: squirrelieygrrrl, your portuguese don't are very bad rsrs.

Abraços a todos! :D

thank you so much! its actually a super colored cook islands maxima. the brain is one of my favorites in the tank. its tough when the things you like are way out of your price range. i can sympathize but sounds like you have it especially rough.

:lol: i wasnt sure how well google translated what you said and what my response was.

Awsome looking tank........

Congrats

schucks. thanks bud!

squirrelieygrrrl

kind of crappy shots as i took them on the fly. ill have to work on getting some better ones later.

mysterycoral.jpg

any idea what the heck this thing is? its kind of nifty tho.

nudi.jpg

i never realized how friggen cute these guys were. its my rental nudi for the byropsis. wish me luck!

sneakpeak.jpg

a sneak peak of the newbie! lets hope this one is well behaved.

squirrelieygrrrl

cherub!

he so dosnt go with my whole indo-pacific theme as its an atlantic specie, but ive been eying these guys for ages. now that i have a 40 gal for him to go into it seemed like the perfect time. plus perfect intensive to get that 40 up and running.

squirrelieygrrrl

got some better pics. i think the consensus is that the 'thing' is probably a pectinia sp. though that is still up for debate as there are a couple of other species that are very closely related to the pectinia sp. so i guess i will have to wait for it to grow some more and see.

i have fallen in love, despite better judgment. for some odd reason i find that sea hare is just about the cutest critter ive ever seen in a reef. ive been toying with the idea of trying to keep him, even if its only a little bit longer than i had originally thought. i saw a vid of one similar in species to mine eating some red sheet algae. im still on the fence about keeping this guy. on a downside he has only been taking nibbles of the byropsis.

the cherub seems to be settling in well. though i thin he had a run in with the pistol (i hate that damn shrimp :angry: ). the angel has lost a few scales on his right side, probably from being spooked by the shrimp and scraping himself on the rocks. im sure he will be fine, but im keeping an eye on him just in case. also so far no coral/clam nibbles. time will tell there.

and now! pictures!

hare2.jpg

hare4.jpg

hare.jpg

a face only a muddah could love. :wub:

goober2.jpg

goober.jpg

you can kind of see in the first shot the missing scales. no cut or real abrasion of the tissue, which is good. he is a total busy body, makes it hard to photograph. im hoping once he settles in some more ill be able to get some better shots. i definitely need to get that 40 up and running. i can see this is not enough space for him.

clown.jpg

obligatory clown shot. :happydance:

Archived