squirrelieygrrrl

squirrelieygrrrl

more pics! im camera happy this month.

fts-5.jpg

palys.jpg

newacro.jpg

curly2.jpg

curly.jpg

check this gem out! color isnt so great, but im sure that will change. any one ever seen an acro that grows in a curly cue pattern? im thinking its a lokani, but im open to suggestions.

got these three bad boys as a trade in for the plate coral. though it sure was pretty it was just too big for the tank. only prob with my lfs is that they light every thing with this really crappy 14k bulb so things tend to end up all brown and yucky. though it makes for a nice surprise. :)

guess i might be coral happy this month too. :naughtydance:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice! I wish I could trade like that with the LFS's around here...they never wanna give you what your coral is worth :( then they want to turn around and sell it or frag it for triple the amount of credit that they gave you.

squirrelieygrrrl

oh now thats just terrible!

these guys do a 50% mark up, which in my book is acceptable and fair. plus when we trade rather than do cash they tend to do a little more. some times i get stuff at cost if the coral im bringing in is really nice.

benefit of small town living i assume.

oh now thats just terrible!

these guys do a 50% mark up, which in my book is acceptable and fair. plus when we trade rather than do cash they tend to do a little more. some times i get stuff at cost if the coral im bringing in is really nice.

benefit of small town living i assume.

Awesome pics, but I don't share the seahare sentiment...they look creepy to me, they have faces!!!

• 2 months later...
gulfsurfer101

Your tank is really really nice. I love all the color you got going on in there. I wish my pics came out half as clear as yours.

• 3 months later...
squirrelieygrrrl

thanks gulf!

yeesh. i got lost out there in the world for a while. sorry bout that folks. the tank is still running. small victories. so ill try to keep the bla bla to a minimum but fill in the gaps as well. i had a pretty severe chemistry problem occur during x-mas time. lost a few things sadly, the red planet, that killer maxima, all except for one christmas tree worm, and i think possibly a couple of other smaller frags. ill have to run through the old stock list to figure that one out. in addition i had a bout of rtn, which i managed to get under control and a subsequent bout of stn. its been real fun in the land of the 'bow'. ive easily changed over 300 gallons of water in the past three months trying to get it under control. during all this just about all of my sps browned out. so you all will see some of the remnants of my tank struggles. things have since stabilized and ive started to add again to fill in the gaps from the losses.

so there ya have it. my hiatus was mostly due to my own pride. after being honored with totm and then the tank crashing, i felt like the reef gods had smited me. but with a lot of hard work she is making a come back. determination is the key, im sure of it.

so with out further adeu, and no more inane ramblings pictures. be kind folks she is still on the mend.

DSC03814.jpg

DSC03524.jpg

DSC03610.jpg

DSC03615.jpg

DSC03643.jpg

DSC03669.jpg

DSC03664.jpg

DSC03650.jpg

DSC03686.jpg

DSC03679.jpg

DSC03828.jpg

DSC03849.jpg

DSC03767.jpg

DSC03749.jpg

DSC03792.jpg

DSC03842.jpg

DSC03868.jpg

DSC03581.jpg

DSC03586.jpg

DSC03627.jpg

:D

DSC03627.jpg

:D

Do you know the same of this sps?

Is the color of yours more purple with white polyps?

Also, I must say, I love your tank. It is sooooo gorgeous. And funny how your maroon is hosted in your duncans. To cute.

squirrelieygrrrl
Do you know the same of this sps?

Is the color of yours more purple with white polyps?

Also, I must say, I love your tank. It is sooooo gorgeous. And funny how your maroon is hosted in your duncans. To cute.

aw why thank you so much nebthet! i did get your pm as well that was next on my n-r agenda was replying to those.

with the help of some other nr members we figured out that it is most likely what is commonly referred to as a purple plasma, mine starts with purple at the base bleeding into a turquoise and the polyps on the tips are an almost yellow color. though the ones on the main body are white. i cant seem to capture that one well at all to come out close to true colors.

Lunch the clown is too cute, though im not really a fan of the duncans i just dont have the heart to take them away from him.

squirrelieygrrrl

aww thanks so much Chye! :wub:

i know it had been waay to long. i just couldnt stand to post pics when it was in such rough shape. slowly but surely its comin back. i think in another 4-6 months it will be even better than before.

squirrelieygrrrl

k,

so heres a few more. ill work on taking shots of all the other newbies later.

DSC03619.jpg

DSC03847.jpg

DSC03860.jpg

i have a new bulb on order should be arriving next week, another ushio 20k. i realized that my current bulb is probably 3 months out of date. so that is more that likely contributing to my coloration issues. wish the acros luck, hopefully that helps some.

squirrelieygrrrl

aww thanks so much for checking out my tank d9hp!

i suppose crash may not be the best term for my prob. maybe mini-crash is a better phrase. i love the tank, but it is damn hard to photograph due to the curved glass. thats about the only thing i dont care for with the system.

The tank is still looking perfectly spectacular to me :)

I was actually out of the hobby for approximately 5 months. I sold just about everything (kept my mp10), and now I have a 12g Nano-cube DX sitting here next to me cycling!!!!! Not much of a hiatus, I'd say!!!!!

squirrelieygrrrl

yay gena!

why thank you love! im my own worst critic, what can i say? though you cant not be a perfectionist verging on clinical ocd and be a reefer.

so glad you're getting back into the hobby. cant wait to see your next incantation of a reef. im sure it will be as awesome as the 10! shoot me a pm once you've started a new tank thread just in case i miss it.

squirrelieygrrrl

DSC03885.jpg

the culprit

DSC03886.jpg

the doppelganger

DSC03902.jpg

semi decent macro.

now how do i get rid of em? with out dismantling the whole tank. there are only a few frags i can actually dip.......

this definitely poses a problem.......

uh oh! I found one of those before! It was in my 10. I squished it and never saw anymore after that.

I'll definitely let you know when I start a new tank thread.

squirrelieygrrrl

sweet!

unfortunately this is not the first nudi ive found. plus ive been noticing nibbles out of my monti's lately. <_<

any one have any creative solutions? puhlease?!?!

squirrelieygrrrl

oh goody.

that means i have both. cuz i definitely found a few nudis on my montis, and that makes sense why some of my zoas have been disappearing.

honestly i thought they were still bouncing back from the killer zoa whelk.....

urgh.....

Archived