Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

squirrel's 16 bow

squirrelieygrrrl

Shhh...squirrel. He's not supposed to know that there may be a BIG possibility of a his and hers tank. I happen to love picos and shallow ADA tanks too. :happy:

I have no problems if they're slow growers. That way I won't have to worry about where to put them. I'll try to get a smaller one first. There are a couple of Scolymias that I have my eye on! I'll be sure to check the stores for Acanthophyllias too. I'm confident I can tell those apart from Cynarinas. ;)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squirrelieygrrrl

lulz,

ill hush up now. i love the look of picos too, dont know that i could dedicate that kind of time to their husbandry though. thats actually why im upgrading, partially. so i dont have to spend so much time on the tank. the 16 is a total attention whore, like a spoiled child.

the tank im getting is similar to the ada styled tanks, 40g 36x18x18, rimless and sumped. im so friggen excited, though im gonna be sad to see the 16 go.

if you ask me i think the slow growers are better suited to nanos. i have this blue/aqua millie that grows like a weed, im constantly having to hack it back so it dosnt take over and shade everything else.

good luck on your acantho/scoly hunt. im sure youll find the perfect one once your tank is ready.

Looking really nice.I think Lunch has grown since TOTM photos.You probally don't notice much because you look at the little bugger everyday.

• 3 weeks later...

I want your baby...err...the yuma that is. I want the baby yuma,.

Really though? A year just for it to throw off a new head? I thought yumas were supposed to throw off new heads all the time.

squirrelieygrrrl
Looking really nice.I think Lunch has grown since TOTM photos.You probally don't notice much because you look at the little bugger everyday.

thanks a bunch lawn! lol. youre probably right, he has grown a bit and i just havnt noticed. though i didnt realize how long it takes for a juvie clown to grow up.

I want your baby...err...the yuma that is. I want the baby yuma,.

Really though? A year just for it to throw off a new head? I thought yumas were supposed to throw off new heads all the time.

i might be able to facilitate that! gonna have to wait a bit though, let me eradicate the byropsis off the rock they are growing on and you can have first dibs. if you can pay for shipping and can stand the wait im down. though i dont know what a fair price is, i paid $30 for the mom i think. lemme know.

i unno, but this one definitely took a year. now i think i have a second baby on the way, ahh the joys of motherhood! ;)

squirrelieygrrrl

ive been having some param stability issues, i believe it was due to a low/instable alk problem ive been battling with.

there is something wrong with the 16s chemistry that i havnt been able to dial in. im almost thinking that im having some sort of ionic imbalance.

that coupled with almost unmanageable nitrates its been a struggle.

my camera settings vary, some shots are taken with a tripod for starters, though the last set was all free hand.

usually they are shot as follows;using a sony a200 with a sony 70mm lens, auto white balance, f 5.6(limited by my lens), exp varies depending on what im shooting, never +/- more than 1 though(usually). iso mostly on auto setting. i never use flash, and i always manual focus. usually shot in raw and edited with lightroom.

i dont usually tinker with color, except that last shot of the purple plasma, that was an experiment gone awry, didnt turn out so great.

i never was able to master shooting the tank from the front for macros, that curved glass coupled with my lens limitations meant i have never been able to dial it down.

i might be able to facilitate that! gonna have to wait a bit though, let me eradicate the byropsis off the rock they are growing on and you can have first dibs. if you can pay for shipping and can stand the wait im down. though i dont know what a fair price is, i paid $30 for the mom i think. lemme know.

i unno, but this one definitely took a year. now i think i have a second baby on the way, ahh the joys of motherhood! ;)

Well maybe it was just resting up and is now ready to start popping em out :P.

Actually waiting a bit works pretty well for me right now. Kind broke from setting up the pico. Let me know though if you get more. I'd be interested.

squirrelieygrrrl
Well maybe it was just resting up and is now ready to start popping em out :P.

Actually waiting a bit works pretty well for me right now. Kind broke from setting up the pico. Let me know though if you get more. I'd be interested.

lulz, that sounded so off.

cool. ill let cha know once they are ready to go.

Archived