Pod Your Reef

West Coast Ricordea Group Buy 6 Dollars a polyp.

SbCaes

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cypress just picked his rics up from my house. He seemed happy with them. Nice to meet you guys. If anyone in socal ever wants to go in on free shipping for zoa packs on websites let me know.

snowlancer2720
hey guys, i was able to take better pics with my Droid. These show the color a little better.

2010-01-26203212.jpg

those look sick! wish i would have seen this earlier :/

What are you guys planning on dipping them in?

Don't do a FW dip since that will stress them out. I will be using Tropic Marin Pro-Coral cure... let me know (anybody) if that is a bad idea.

CoolNameGoesHere

^ how long do you dip it in that Revive stuff? i think the bottle says a few minutes, but that's not very specific so i'm wondering what the general consensus is. Thx!

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt
^ how long do you dip it in that Revive stuff? i think the bottle says a few minutes, but that's not very specific so i'm wondering what the general consensus is. Thx!

I'm not sure either, I just dip until I see that most pest that may have been on there are gone or dead, My average has been 10-15 min and that seems to be doing the trick.

i didnt dip mine....should i take them out and dip or what???

If there in you main display tank, I would just in case, you never know what could hitchhike on them being these are from the sea and not tank raised.

everyone's but genesis went out today... and OMFG that was a PAIN IN THE ASSS

feeel free to gift more to the glenlivet fund....

O_O"

everyone had theirs double bagged. and some seperated. in different bags.

and wrapped in shipping paper and EVERYONE had a heat pack. (which i paid for mind you)

along with the bags. and rubber bands and all the shipping material thanks to www.shipyouraquatics.com

A+ review for their help in the materials.

Yeah, kudos to you that was a massive amount of boxes to ship!! Heck I'd donate to you and I'm not even involved in the gb. lol

CoolNameGoesHere

thanks so much for your effort, may you never have to orchestrate another group buy again! :lol:

definitely looking forward to getting them (hopefully tomorrow, fingerscrossed fingerscrossed).

thanks again!!!!!

People, I cannot stress this enough... DO NOT DIP YOUR RICS!!!!! The chances of them disintegrating before your very eyes are HUGE!!!!

People, I cannot stress this enough... DO NOT DIP YOUR RICS!!!!! The chances of them disintegrating before your very eyes are HUGE!!!!

thanks for the warning!!!

Probably because they are technically more like anemones than coral?

Correct amnesiak. Add to that fact the stress of collection, shipping and then re-shipping and whatever defenses they actually have (sliming) will be down. To dip them will ensure melting away!

Recieved mine. All were healthy and happy. Hoped for at least one orange one, but no luck there. They are all mostly have rubble attatched so should easily be glueable to a rock.

thanks

Mine just came in. Lots of slime in the bag, but they seem OK thus far. I immediately diluted the slime water with tank water and they seemed OK with that.

Mine just arrived! Just acclimated them and they're lookin' awesome in my tank!

SbCaes Thanks alot! I'm sure this was a first and last thing, but I greatly appreciate it!

to be honest guys. I went to SBCaes's house to pick mine up (local and had an order of 28) i only saw one orange one in the whole group. But who cares, we see orange ones at the LFS all the time. The other colors are way cooler ;)

LebaneseDlight
everyone's but genesis went out today...

EDIT: Mine just arrived! Thanks SB! You the man :) If you want a mini blue Xenia colony (cesptularia), and if you're ever south a little bit (i.e., Ventura county - I work in Westlake Village a few times a month), let me know and you can have it ;)

Archived