Cultivated Reef

West Coast Ricordea Group Buy 6 Dollars a polyp.

SbCaes

Sb, I heard that shipped ricordeas will get brighter once they're acclimated. Is that true?

Ohh yeah they will in 5 hours I've seen some of my ricordea go from a dull blue to beautiful rainbows with lime green mouths.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes it is. For me atleast

LebaneseDlight, im out in Moorpark. Im always down for trades. But im mostly into zoa and palys

Ohh yeah they will in 5 hours I've seen some of my ricordea go from a dull blue to beautiful rainbows with lime green mouths.

Great! About half of mine are looking amazing but a couple are only showing a hint of blue/green.

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

Well I received mine today and they look pretty healthy, they was hardly any slime, the water was a bit cold, but other than that hopefully they pull through, did a little acclimation and now there just relaxing in my tank, I'll take some pictures after they color up. Thanks again SbCaes. :)

Got mine today. :)

I can't wait to see how they look tomorrow.

group_buy_ricordea_.jpg

and here they are with their tankmates. The other 5 ricordea were from Coral Morphologic.

01292010_FTS.jpg

Any thoughts on temporarily glueing these to something? Can I glue them and get them off later, not quite ready with their final home and I don't want to leave them on rubble long term. Thought I had them in a quiet corner last night, this morning they are scattered everywhere and one is MIA.

Edit - No longer MIA there were two small ones stuck together. Both together about the size of a nickle.

I'm curious to know if the diver sent you any rainbows rics? The ones i recieved were all solid colors. There was talk of multicolored ones, did that not work out?

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

Yeah I received 3 rainbows and 2 oranges...........

Nah, J/K I can't really tell yet what I have, there showing some signs of color but not enough to really tell.

What colors are you guys seeing? I have one rainbow, one blue w/ purple base, and one green. The rest are gray with random colors mixed in.

i was able to get one "rainbow" for myself. I picked a light purple and gold one but that went to another person in my group.

2010-01-29175832.jpg

I didnt see much but then again they werent getting too much light

• 2 weeks later...

I would just like to thank SbCaes for putting this all together. And putting up with everything and everyone involved.

My original 7 rics are now 11 distinct mushrooms now.

Great deal.

My only regret was putting them on a small ric rock.

When they split again, they will have no room.

I doubt he will ever do another one. But if he does, I will be on it.

1 of my 5 melted, but the remaining 4 have really colored up well and look great! Neon green, rainbow, and a couple blues. They were all gray when I first got them.

I would just like to thank SbCaes for putting this all together. And putting up with everything and everyone involved.

My original 7 rics are now 11 distinct mushrooms now.

Great deal.

My only regret was putting them on a small ric rock.

When they split again, they will have no room.

I doubt he will ever do another one. But if he does, I will be on it.

I also agree, would like to thank SbCaes for a great deal. He went out of his way to accommodate my Montana sporadic weather. These were my first corals in my first tank and I am very happy.

I would do another deal with SbCaes without hesitation.

Thank you!

Archived