SaltCritters.com

Pisces' 10g Bonsai Reef

pisces4u

Yeah one sec...

Here are some shots of the 180 at one of our LFS "The Reef Shoppe". The pics aren't the best and I didn't take them, but the tank is amazing to see in person. It's very open feeling with minimal LR. The colonies are huge but there aren't tons of them. There's a green acro left of center and a green hydno right of center that have been pruned and trained to grow in unnatural and unusual formations.

They also keep all sides pristine and clear of coralline. Several aspects of this tank inspired me and I am building on those inspirations for my nano.

Is this Kelly's tank?

Love your tank, so unique!!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I bit the bullet and put in 3 of my focal corals on the branches yesterday. They acclimated beautifully and I'll post some pics today.

Gotta keep up with Maria's purple sponge :P

justkidding86

That must be one dense piece of rock for almost 10 pounds. Great looking scape. I was once thinking about doing the same concept but scraped it because it was so much easier to do with freshwater. It will be exciting to see the GSP grow into a nice big carpet.

The rock is a beast. It was originally 13lbs and nearly the full footprint of the 10g. I ended up chiseling it in half to open up more space and help the budget.

Thew new base is about 7 lbs, the tree is 2lbs and the ac110 'fuge has 1 lb.

Here goes... I hope y'all like it.

fts112209.jpg

Torches! As I lost all my monti's, I thought my surviving torches would make a suitable replacement. So far, I've added 1 "Todd's" (nuclear green), 1 orange, and 1 purple torch head. If I can find a couple more unique morphs, I'll put them on the remaining branches.

tt112209.jpg

ot112209.jpg

fts2112209.jpg

The torches look beautiful! I promised myself that I'd let my Todds take over the 30 before I frag it.

I swear man, we have identical taste when it comes to this shiznit. URS = PWNAGE! :D

very creative using corals to make it look like something else, that gsp will look like grass after it has spread this is AWESOME!!!! cant wait to see this thing grow out.

Joe Pusdesris

Hm, it would be an interesting idea to go without the rock. A branching euphyllia would form the branch part, and a brain could be used for the base.

Archived