SaltCritters.com

Pisces' 10g Bonsai Reef

pisces4u

Are you still running the FNI 2x24w fixture w/stock bulbs and the Powerbrite LED over this?

If so, what is your light cycle, and do you have both lights on during it?

Is the Powerbrite Blue LEDs only?

How many LEDs does the Powerbrite you're using have?

I have an empty 10g, the same FNI fixture you have, and a custom LED fixture laying around.....

I replaced the bulbs with geismann aquablue and actinic+. I'm running a single 4 led strip of 460nm powerbrites.

The t5's run 8 hours and the LED's run 10 hours. GSP is growing and one of the torches is splitting so it seems to be enough.

Pismo ~ Thanks for the kind words.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments and feedback everyone. This tank has been fun, rewarding, and a great learning experience.

I love the ease of maintenance being a bare bottom display. Topping off the evaporated water is the most annoying thing. Water change, filter media change, and glass cleaning (only once a week!) only takes 15 minutes. If I could do the system without a restricted budget, it would be perfect.

Anyways, this project has given way to many more reef concepts. Once the contest is over, I'll start another. If anyone uses this tank as inspiration for one of their own, please post a link or pm me so I can follow yours.

Thanks again.

I can't get enough of this tank. I think I might print out a big picture of it and tape it over the front of mine.

LOL I scared my girlfriend I laughed so hard at that. Thanks guys.

schg ~ Lemme see what I can do.

Test?

Either way the tank is looking amazing, very very neat idea, I didn't even know there were that many colors of torches :P

Maybe tomorrow. I added a k1 to move the torches more and they hate me right now. Will do if they're less grumpy when the lights come back on.

though a hawkfish would probably be too big for this tank, the idea of a hawk fish perched up in your tree is pretty cool.

awesome tank. I love seeing people do something different and unique. good job.

first time i seen a pink torch...

It's actually an aussie orange torch. The problem is it sits so high that in a straight-on picture, you only see the underside which appears pink/brown as the light passes through the tissue.

Thanks again for the comments guys. Video is coming sometime soon.

Archived