Pod Your Reef

75gal planted/ sand flats

D3monic

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oxynoe orgy. Had a pic of four of them but accidentally deleted it.

IMG_2154.jpg

Eggs at 5 days. You can see how far they have come developmentally.

IMG_2150.jpg

I plan on ordering more C. Mexicana since they have pretty much decimated it. I am sure if I pulled all the adults it would make a small come back. Once a few groups of eggs hatch and I see juviniles in the tank I am going to start giving them out to friends that have calerpa probs.

nice tank! Whatever happened to the dragons tongue you had in there I saw at the beginning of this thread? Is it hard to take care of?

It didnt do too well from shipping. It slowly faded away. I am getting some more along with that wierd blue stuff that bird had in the spring when it warms up a bit.

I got my X10 Modules in today. Really easy to set up. It failed to mention that you need a 4pin phone cable to connect the unit to the DC8 Thankfully I had a 60' spare :rolleyes: I can now use the controller in one room to turn off the pumps for a feed timer on my 75gal in another room. I also picked up a mp10 (sponge guard in place) adds a nice pulsing flow to the tank but not as strong as a k nano.

I got some sponges and gorgs in yesterday.

IMG_2282.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2271.jpg

I love the maidens hair...so soft but strong. I litterally feels like human hair underwater.

IMG_2270.jpg

I swaped out one of my actinics for a blue+ bulb I absolutly LOVE this bulb. I am thinking about exchanging one of my ugly 12k bulbs for one of these as well. Question. Would the geismen blue+ be better or worse for macro's than the odysea 12k bulb? Could I do 3 blue+ and a actinic or would I not get enough of the right spectrum?

Heres a side by side comparison. The second pic is just an actinic and the blue plus on and the first is before with the 12ks on as well.

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

A much healthier cleaner color IMO.

I also got this really neat yellow macro from the basement jungle. Its really tough and leathery.

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

animalmaster6
I seriously need a GIANT hand full of C. Prolifera to fill up that back left corner. Either that or some C. taxifolia.

You do :P

What corals do you have at all?

You do :P

What corals do you have at all?

Not many 6 ricordia a few zoas and a little frag of a toadstool.

The rest are gorgs, sponges and algae.

animalmaster6
Not many 6 ricordia a few zoas and a little frag of a toadstool.

The rest are gorgs, sponges and algae.

Didn't think you had that mny. What's the current fish list?

2 yellow multibanded pipefish, two different species of dragonface pipefish, I finally caught my mandarin that was in the other tank and put him in there, the pair of scooters and a tailspot blenny. Ohh and a firesrhimp.

If FedEx ever comps the order they killed then I will also have some bumblebee shrimp, 3 shrimpfish and some sexyshrimp.

animalmaster6
2 yellow multibanded pipefish, two different species of dragonface pipefish, I finally caught my mandarin that was in the other tank and put him in there, the pair of scooters and a tailspot blenny. Ohh and a firesrhimp.

If FedEx ever comps the order they killed then I will also have some bumblebee shrimp, 3 shrimpfish and some sexyshrimp.

Pretty Awesome list D3!

Sorry about the losses. Some Sexy Shrimp would look great. Especially Shrimpfish too!

Yea I worry about the pipes and the sexy's. I put some ghost shrimp in there and they herrased the heck out of them for a while...once they figured out they couldnt eat them they left them alone though.

animalmaster6
Yea I worry about the pipes and the sexy's. I put some ghost shrimp in there and they herrased the heck out of them for a while...once they figured out they couldnt eat them they left them alone though.

Pipefishes can harm small inverts? I was going to have a Dragonface Pipefishj in the 125G and I'm hasving tons of small and tiny inverts.

Archived