Top Shelf Aquatics

75gal planted/ sand flats

D3monic

Yea I like the bartlets. Not as much as carpenter flasher wrasses but they are nice. I plan on getting a couple red scooters in there eventually.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
Yea I like the bartlets. Not as much as carpenter flasher wrasses but they are nice. I plan on getting a couple red scooters in there eventually.

I like Red Scooters better. THey are hard to keep though.

animalmaster6
I think the anthias are the only fish that I have ever had that werent concidered hard to keep.

lol I consider anthias pretty hard to keep!

Got my live-plants order finally today. Took a ton of pics. Played with the exposure levels a bunch.

IMG_1693.jpg

I got a crap ton of codium in.

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

Little butt head kept trying to eat the hair on my arm while I was putting the new macro's in.

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

Really like the look of the sargasum.

IMG_1738.jpg

One pipefish will only eat cyclepeeze from teh water column. The smaller yellow and this guy will only eat them off of surfaces.

IMG_1739.jpg

wow that is a really nice tank

and to whoever was asking where they could find one of those blueberry gorgians. while i was reading this i got my daily email from liveaquaria that gives me a sneak peek about what will be appearing in DD this afternoon and one of the inverts listed is "blueberry sea fan indonesian" which im pretty sure is just another name for the blueberry gorgian so you might want to keep any eye out tonight when the put the new selections up.

animalmaster6

The tank is looking awesome!

I can't get over how awesome the pipefish are!

The tank is looking awesome D3!

I still can't get voer how awesome those pipefish are!

The tank is looking awesome!

I can't get over how awesome the pipefish are!

The tank is looking awesome D3!

I still can't get voer how awesome those pipefish are!

yes they look amazing. i was half tempted to change my plans for my 46g bowfront after i saw this thread the only plan i changed though was to use less rock and more macro lol. pipefish and all that are still aboce my experience level for now

Thanks! I plan on moving the anthias to the 28gal. I know its small for them but they are making it really hard to train the other pipes. They are just too aggressive of eaters. I plan on moving the mandarin and scooters from the 28gal to the 75 so the only fish in the 28 will be the anthias. Maybe I will add a couple chromis in there too. Seahorses should be soon. My friend has some really nice ones that are just abotu of age. Seen a few pinto's in the mix. Hope she saves me a few.

animalmaster6
Thanks! I plan on moving the anthias to the 28gal. I know its small for them but they are making it really hard to train the other pipes. They are just too aggressive of eaters. I plan on moving the mandarin and scooters from the 28gal to the 75 so the only fish in the 28 will be the anthias. Maybe I will add a couple chromis in there too. Seahorses should be soon. My friend has some really nice ones that are just abotu of age. Seen a few pinto's in the mix. Hope she saves me a few.

Seahorses, Scooters, Mandarins, Chromies! This tank is getting better and better! :happy:

How long are you keeping the anthias in the 28G?

Depends on how misserable they look. If they dont seem to misserable I will keep them in there indefinatly. Otherwise I will end up trading them with someone for some SH maybe.

animalmaster6
Depends on how misserable they look. If they dont seem to misserable I will keep them in there indefinatly. Otherwise I will end up trading them with someone for some SH maybe.

I heard Lyertails are real toughies and are a pain to keep. Especially in small tanks. lol For my 125G tank I chose the Sunburst Anthias over them because of that. And I like the Sunburst a little better ;)

WOW YOUR TANK IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!! i love it!! i have seen some like it. but this tops everything i have ever seen!!! i love the pipe fish also! what you did with that tank is great and i hope everything works out well

This tank is really coming together man. I was never a fan of macros, never thought they looked nice, but you make them work well. Nice job! If you sell the anthias let me know... I'm interested in 3 or 4 for my 120, maybe.

Thanks everyone. The tank has a long way to go before its finished. I hope the macro's grow in nice. Eventually the tank will be thick and lush with plant life. I want to get a small forest of coco worms going too. Maybe half a dozen or so. Not to mention lots or gorgonians.

animalmaster6
Thanks everyone. The tank has a long way to go before its finished. I hope the macro's grow in nice. Eventually the tank will be thick and lush with plant life. I want to get a small forest of coco worms going too. Maybe half a dozen or so. Not to mention lots or gorgonians.

omgomgomg I love Coco Works and Feather Dusters! I plan to get a lot in my 125G tank!

Archived