SaltCritters.com

MJ's 29g Barrel 'O Monkeys

Militant Jurist

Militant Jurist
This is very true my friend. Mine love the vodka. :D

Its in muh house duh! http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=180612

Would be in my sig if I knew how to do the cool little linky words like you guys. But I'm old, so it aint.

Here ya go:

[url="http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=180612"]Itz thecowkid's in muh houz tank![/url]

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks TY but wth am I suppose to do with that? Told ya I am old.

Nevr mind I figured it out. Now do it for the feedback thread, then tell me how you did it. :P

Ok, go to your thread, then click on and copy the url bar of your first page. Then go to My Contols, click, then on the left hand side will be an edit signature option. Click on it, then click the little hyperlink symbol, paste down the url and then title it what you want.

I think. :huh::P

Militant Jurist
no i just meant it looked like chili ;)

anyways, what has been going on here?!?!?!!?

:mellow:

Ah, gotcha!

I think the inmates have escaped from the asylum. It's pure chaos and pandemonium! omgomgomg

:happy:

Thasokay. You figured it out anyway. Story of my life, a day late and a dollar short. :rolleyes:

:lol: Don't you love it when your great idea turns out to have been figured out already? -_-

prechate it!

No problemo!

So.... I just did a 4 or 5g WC for the tank, and once it's had a chance to get good and mixed in with the tank water, I think I'm going to plop the monti cap in (after acclimation, of course :P). I don't like adding things too soon after a WC, because I figure there's no sense in adding an additional stressor, as minute as it may be.

Militant Jurist

I discovered today a pretty decent (and free) online log for aquariums. Since this thread has been so much fun thus far, it makes finding test results, or dates a coral was added, difficult. :P

Therefore, I've decided to start using the log as a reminder to myself, and as a way for people to check the vital stats if they are interested. I have a feeling that there aren't many like opy who willingly subject themselves to trying to catch up on all of this! :lol:

Anyways, here's the link if you want to check it out: Barrel 'O Monkeys Log Book

Ah, gotcha!

I think the inmates have escaped from the asylum. It's pure chaos and pandemonium! omgomgomg

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

smiley-scared007.gif

smiley-scared004.gif

*whispers* 'are they gone yet?'

:scarry:

PS i think some of that aquarium log you found are defunct. tons of error messages on some of the page. :lol:

Militant Jurist
*whispers* 'are they gone yet?'

PS i think some of that aquarium log you found are defunct. tons of error messages on some of the page. :lol:

I don't think they'll ever be gone, since the asylum is now being run by an inmate! B)

Weird.... I haven't run into any of the errors yet. :mellow:

I don't think they'll ever be gone, since the asylum is now being run by an inmate! B)

Weird.... I haven't run into any of the errors yet. :mellow:

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

IM OUTTA HERE!

smiley-scared007.gif

well, at least til these guys come.

smiley-scared006.gif

:haha:

really? :mellow:

Militant Jurist

Haha don't be skurred Nate! We'll protect you......

:lol:

Anyways..... IT IS DONE

100_1029.jpg

100_1030.jpg

Whatcha think of the placement?

I'm also starting to think that I need more flow. I don't have the money for another vortech, so I'm thinking of hunting down a used K1. I'd put the used K1 where the K-nano currently is located, and then put the K-nano in the middle of the back wall.

So, here are three reef-related questions:

The polyps don't seem to be all that well extended on my acro. Does it need more flow?

100_1023.jpg

Looks like this piece came with some red bugs mate. Poor polyp extension is a good indicator also. IMO, all acros should have good polyp extension if the water chemistry is spot on and there are no pests.

rb.jpg

On the plus side, red bugs are easy to treat and the piece will probably color up drastically one the bugs are gone.

Looks like this piece came with some red bugs mate. Poor polyp extension is a good indicator also. IMO, all acros should have good polyp extension if the water chemistry is spot on and there are no pests.

rb.jpg

On the plus side, red bugs are easy to treat and the piece will probably color up drastically one the bugs are gone.

smiley-shocked016.gif

DANG YOUR GOOD! (thats what she said)

but... omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

TREAT THAT CORAL NOW MJ!!! ;)

wasnt that coral from lucid.... :eek:

Militant Jurist

Hm.... you're right Nate, that's a Lucid coral. :huh:

So.... what's the treatment?

Also, I just placed the acro on the same rock as my green slimer. Should I move the acro back to the rack, or once a tank is infested, it's infested?

100_1023.jpg

I noticed the bristle worm but the red bug made it past me till pisces's post.

+1 I had redbug on my tri-color acro and it could have killed it. I used ReVive Coral Cleaner from Dr. F&S and it worked great with 2 dips one week apart. It is WAY safer than iodine dips too.

Ok now back to shenanigans! BTW I am 35 and still feel and act 18 :haha: .

Militant Jurist

Hm... wait, is the treatment Interceptor?

Can I get that stuff at Wally World or a pet store, or does it take a Vet?

Interceptor - heartworm meds for dogs. I'm sure someone has a RC link to the treatment.

Basically it kills all crustaceans, so you'll have to re-home shrimp and crabs for the treatment. 1 tablet for large dogs treats ~300g so you'd use 1/10th a tablet. Take out carbon and if you run a skimmer, diconnect the air feed. You want the meds to pass through all your equipment. Dose the dissolved meds, then do a 25% minimum water change next day and re-introduce carbon and protein skimming.

3 treatments are recommended but sometimes 1 is enough.

Put all the crabs and shrimp back in when you're done.

Hm.... you're right Nate, that's a Lucid coral. :huh:

So.... what's the treatment?

Also, I just placed the acro on the same rock as my green slimer. Should I move the acro back to the rack, or once a tank is infested, it's infested?

smiley-shocked016.gif

Something Phishy is going on here...

smiley-think005.gif

This is a serious matter that should be attended to!

on the treatment, if its not on your slimer, just use Revive, if its only your Slimer, ask a friend who has a dog to get some interceptor heart worm treatment. this will treat your whole tank with no adverse effects. i did it to my tank and everything (including shrimp) pulled through the treatment. ;)

Militant Jurist
Interceptor - heartworm meds for dogs. I'm sure someone has a RC link to the treatment.

Basically it kills all crustaceans, so you'll have to re-home shrimp and crabs for the treatment. 1 tablet for large dogs treats ~300g so you'd use 1/10th a tablet. Take out carbon and if you run a skimmer, diconnect the air feed. You want the meds to pass through all your equipment. Dose the dissolved meds, then do a 25% minimum water change next day and re-introduce carbon and protein skimming.

3 treatments are recommended but sometimes 1 is enough.

Put all the crabs and shrimp back in when you're done.

Thanks for the info! Fortunately, I don't have any shrimp or crabs in the tank. However, I don't really have anywhere (other than my relatively new 29g) to use to repopulate the pods in the tank. :(

Also, can red bugs live without Acropora in the tank? Today, I measuring the salinity in both tanks, and I think I dumped a small containers-worth of water from the acro tank into this 29g. :o

Oh, and what about this Coral Revive stuff I've read about. Does it actually work to kill RB with just a dip?

Thanks for the info! Fortunately, I don't have any shrimp or crabs in the tank. However, I don't really have anywhere (other than my relatively new 29g) to use to repopulate the pods in the tank. :(

Also, can red bugs live without Acropora in the tank? Today, I measuring the salinity in both tanks, and I think I dumped a small containers-worth of water from the acro tank into this 29g. :o

Oh, and what about this Coral Revive stuff I've read about. Does it actually work to kill RB with just a dip?

IME the interceptor didnt effect my pod population negatively. even a sexy shrimp survived the ordeal.

Revive actually does do the trick. its the best dip you can use IMO. just be sure not to overdoes the dip water with it. ;)

Militant Jurist
IME the interceptor didnt effect my pod population negatively. even a sexy shrimp survived the ordeal.

Revive actually does do the trick. its the best dip you can use IMO. just be sure not to overdoes the dip water with it. ;)

Well, that's good to know about the Interceptor. Seems like there are mixed reviews about Revive. I just ran to my LFS to see if they had anything. They had revive, but the guy there I talk to frequently said that he's never seen it actually kill off a red bug population and that he didn't recommend it. You've gotta give it to them, because they could have said "oh yeah, just buy that!" I remember either DHaut or DCG having an interceptor stash at one point, so hopefully they can help me out.

Militant Jurist
++ BEGIN TRANSMISSION ++

To: 20L Brigade

In response to the attack against Acropora Platoon, I have arranged for the delivery of a tactical nuclear weapon to your theater. Upon arrival, you are to immediately begin a campaign to rid the theater of the infestation. You are authorized to commence a full genocide campaign. Good luck and God Speed.

++ END TRANSMISSION ++

Archived