inTank Media Baskets

REEFROOKS 10G ADA 45-P

reefrook

I just take a really blurry pic of the sand.

that's what i do to adjust the white balance for normal tank shots. if i use a white plastic lid or even the white background, the pics come out too orange.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
those are some nice colors.

good job!

looking great!

Looks Great!

thanks!m :lol:

Looks good, but now the white balanced is pushed too far into green territory :lol: I really like the idea of a white background!

I like the white background too....

yea..i got the idea from this totm http://www.nano-reef.com/featured/?tank=17

i thought his white walls provided a great background

• 1 month later...

picked up this guy at the lfs today. good thing i took pics right when i dropped him in cause now he's mia. any special feeding or care for this guy or is he just fine catching scraps?

IMG_2857.jpg

That green cap looks amazing. Where did you get it?

got it from a local reefer selling big pieces for real cheap. he sold me that piece for just $20.

but yea..thanks for the compliment. judging by how healthy your orange cap looks, it should reach a good size in no time

AdriftQuasar

I think rimless tanks look best with a white background, but one not actually attached to it in anyway. I'm looking at upgrading from a standard 20H to a rimless 30 and wasn't planning on putting a background on it if I can do a decent job of hiding wires.

As far as your pictures are concerned, you can't even set white balance on my camera.

I think rimless tanks look best with a white background, but one not actually attached to it in anyway. I'm looking at upgrading from a standard 20H to a rimless 30 and wasn't planning on putting a background on it if I can do a decent job of hiding wires.

As far as your pictures are concerned, you can't even set white balance on my camera.

thanks.... :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

some new updates...

all my yumas all of the suddenly detached from their rocks. one of them took a ride through the mp10. i got the rest in the fuge...hopefully they'll attach again so i can put em back in the display

my onyx died...just stopped eating, started getting weak, then was a meal for the snails

bicolor blenny also kicked the bucket... i was cleaning the tank one day and when i turned the pumps back on, i didn't realize he was pickin algae in the mp10. it was too late before i noticed.

on a brighter note, got some new frags, a new yasha goby and a rock anemone. here's some pics of those and some other random pics

IMG_3496-1.jpg

IMG_3506-1.jpg

IMG_3472-1.jpg

magician palys

IMG_3474-1.jpg

my favorite fish....he's gettin fat!

IMG_3485-1.jpg

IMG_3510-1.jpg

IMG_3511.jpg

bam bams been goin wild

IMG_3512.jpg

Looks fantastic rook! Love the aquscaping!Are you target feeding the dragonnette?

Yup! I squirt a bunch of mysis near him and he slurps em down. Lately he's been a little more proactive and has been going after the pipette that I use to target feed.

i hit up the $10 rack at my lfs and came back with a couple frags

IMG_3538.jpg

IMG_3547.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

also picked up a trio of sexies but one of them is m.i.a.

IMG_3546.jpg

and two random shots

IMG_3527.jpg

IMG_3514.jpg

Some really nice additions. I love the pics BTW

Nice Build..... Love these ADA's!

Schweet Zoe's Dude! ;)

thanks guys!

redkneecoral
not much to update besides some new frags and some pics.

finally got a hold of some blastos which i have been wanting for a while now. picked em up from madfragsonline.com. $10 a head and they're located in illinois, so i just picked them up.

also bought a favia frag from the lfs. not a big fan of favias but it happened to be on the clearance rack so i couldn't resist.

IMG_2561.jpg]

here are some random shots

left side of the tank

IMG_2585.jpg

right side

IMG_2586.jpg

fts (i changed the color of the wall behind the tank from black to white.... i kinda like it. looks cleaner)

IMG_2597.jpg

hungry acans

IMG_2562.jpg

i was playing around with my camera and really annoyed that all my shots with just the royal blue leds looked like this

IMG_2525.jpg

so i figured out how to make a custom white balance (which i figure everybody knows how to do except for me) and the shots turned out to look pretty wicked!

IMG_2537.jpg

IMG_2535.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2541.jpg

What great pix, those colors are explosive. I love it

You have added so much

great looking tank

• 1 month later...
Love the tank! maybe I'll get one just like it :P

I love all the colors in the tank. Can we get a current FTS?

as requested... current FTS

IMG_4654.jpg

Looks great as usual

thanks hype!

Looks great. I can't wait to hit the 6 month mark and maybe add a clam...if i have room by then.

do it! out of all the things in my tank, i think my clam is the easiest thing to care for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hmmmm, you may want to frag that birdsnest.

yea...when i first got it i had my light down too low. some STN started happening at the base. as soon as i raised the light up a little higher, the STN stopped. i know i should frag it but i'm hoping i can keep its shape by letting it encrust over the dead area.

i would love to have a frag from that birdie lol

if i frag, you can help yourself to a piece!

Archived