Pod Your Reef

REEFROOKS 10G ADA 45-P

reefrook

that is an awesome price for all of those. Lucky

Those frags are great looking.

I really hope to get me a yumas

yea.. i got a great deal. i don't think i'm ever buying corals from lfs's ever again... just way too overpriced.

but yea, get some yumas...they're so sick! i think my orange yuma is the best looking coral in my tank thus far.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know what ya mean of overpriced at lps, but there is only one store I still buy from and he is CHEAP but good corals.

If you ever get a chance to post a pic of your orange yuma, i would love to see it

If you ever get a chance to post a pic of your orange yuma, i would love to see it

actually there's a pic (a bad one) above of the orange ric next to a purple one.

Nice zoa and shroom collection :happy: . you got a nice rimless tank too. keep up the good work man. ;)

Hey, nice find! Great corals for a great price! Looking good :)

thanks!

my gf just bought a new camera so i thought i'd take some pics. a couple days ago i picked up some orange bam bams and 1 polyp of fire and ice.

i think there's a polyp of a lunar eclipse or something right in front, not sure though

IMG_0036.jpg

not really sure what this green thing is...

IMG_0050.jpg

a shot of my sand bed that's quickly disappearing ;) and on the left is that fire and ice i picked up

IMG_0062.jpg

most recent fts

IMG_0064.jpg

tank is lookin not so clean anymore. noticed red slimy stuff all over the rocks and sand. tested my parms and my ammonia was way too high. i think something died...and i'm thinking it was my yasha since i haven't seen him in a couple days. even during feeding time only the pistol comes out. he must've gotten crushed underneath a rock or something while the pistol was burrowing. just a theory....

in any case, i gotta get rid of this cyano. so i siphoned it all out and did a 50% water change. hopefully the only reason for the cyano was the dead yasha, and after a couple water changes it will go away. i've always had little spots of cyano here and there but never this much.... :unsure:

sorry to hear of your lost.

Your tank looks great, loves how clear it looks, wish mine looked like that.

Your rics has a good size to them.

Sad about the Yasha, but the tank looks like AMAZING!

yea... that guy was awesome. i was so close to buying a catalina goby today to replace him but came to my senses and decided to take care of my cyano problem first.

sorry to hear of your lost.

Your tank looks great, loves how clear it looks, wish mine looked like that.

Your rics has a good size to them.

yea... i just realized what a nice size they were when i added two more yumas today that looked like little babies compared to them. oh well, i'll just keep spot feeding them till they get to a good size

met up with some local reefers and got me some new corals :happy:

pokerstar montipora

IMG_0770.jpg

mohawks

IMG_0755.jpg

blue cloves (somebody likes em already!)

IMG_0778.jpg

here's a pic of those two yumas i got a couple days ago... not too impressive now though. hopefully they'll grow more color with a little tlc

IMG_0784.jpg

I tell you this mate, you sure do get some awesome looking corals. Makes the ones I have looking kinda plain lol.

Congrats on your new corals. Looking forward on seeing how your yumas will turn out, good i am sure.

I like your mohawk.

thwe monti sure is a beauty

I tell you this mate, you sure do get some awesome looking corals. Makes the ones I have looking kinda plain lol.

Congrats on your new corals. Looking forward on seeing how your yumas will turn out, good i am sure.

I like your mohawk.

thwe monti sure is a beauty

thanks! but all the credit goes to the reefers around chicago. without them i wouldn't have as nearly as many corals as i do cause quite frankly, i wouldn't be able to afford buying through the LFS or online retailers.

but yea..it's time you post some updated pics of your 15 gal!

sorry about the yasha but good decision on the catalina.

they shouldn't be in our tropical tanks anyways.

i was about to ask why not? but i just looked it up myself. catalina gobies are a cold water species. good thing i didn't get him then... now i'm wondering if the lfs even knows this or if they just don't care

Congrats on the new corals, they look great! Alot of LFS just get shipments in and they know what the names are then sell them. There are some out there that know what they are talking about but alot of them seem to be people that need a job that are learning themselves.

are some out there that know what they are talking about but alot of them seem to be people that need a job that are learning themselves.

+1.

Nice Mohawks Reefrook!

Archived