Innovative Marine Aquariums

REEFROOKS 10G ADA 45-P

reefrook

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, great tank! Super clean and great collection. Hope mine looks this good some day. Will be following!

thanks! you're off to a great start. i'm sure in no time your tank will start looking better than mine.

Your tank & neon dottyback is :wub:

You take great pictures too!

yea..the dotty is so fun to watch. and the credit for the pics goes to my camera.... but thanks

picked up some new corals today

big piece of a green monti cap. it's supposed to have a purple rim but guess it doesn't really show without actinics.

IMG_1703.jpg

lobophyllia

IMG_1701.jpg

birdsnest

IMG_1697.jpg

random shot

IMG_1704.jpg

Nice pics! I completely forgot to ask on Sunday about the white things. The ones at my LFS are just hitch hikers on the zoa and shroom frags. I am going back on Saturday and I will make a note to ask this time lol.

anyone know what those long white things are? they just appeared outta nowhere and continue to grow. they're kinda fleshy...

IMG_1575.jpg

I remembered to ask! lol I was told that they are a macro algae of some sort. They are always on the zoa and shroom rocks at the LFS here and they had the little grapes on them. The guy said the ones there were a grape caulerpa of some sort. Hope this helps :happy: .

• 1 month later...
Gorgeous tank!

I'm definitely subscribing to read through later.

Thanks!

wow what a great new additions and they look wonderful,

thank you sir.... your compliments are always appreciated ;)

I remembered to ask! lol I was told that they are a macro algae of some sort. They are always on the zoa and shroom rocks at the LFS here and they had the little grapes on them. The guy said the ones there were a grape caulerpa of some sort. Hope this helps :happy: .

well at least i know they're not harmful. thanks for going through the trouble to find out for me.

it's been awhile since i last posted.... i've been in the philippines for about a month for some vacation. when i got back i was a little upset because some of my coral was bleached. turns out that the tank sitter turned off the lights for a week cause he thought he'd help us bring down our electric bills. oh well... good intentions at least.... not coral casualties, just a not so green monti cap and a really white birdsnest frag. some of my zoo's lost color as well but i'm sure they'll bounce back. but what really got me down was seeing my little onyx dried up on the carpet. poor little bugger....

wasn't feelin too good bout the look of the tank so i decided to make some changes. i changed the 14k phoenix bulb to a 20k radium. honestly, i didn't recognize much of difference but it was time to change my old bulb anyways. around the same time, i attended a local frag swap and picked up some new coral.

a larger birdsnest frag to replace my small bleached one

IMG_2109.jpg

a tri-color and lime in the sky

IMG_2326.jpg

here's a pic of my bleached monti cap.

IMG_2135.jpg

that shadow on it is caused by the koralia nano right above it. not only do my koralia's block light from my corals, they are also an eyesore in my small tank. so i got rid em, and put in an MP10.

IMG_2354.jpg

just got it today. at first it was blowin sand everywhere. but it aint so bad now that its been runnin for a while. i put it on reefcrest mode at about 70%. i'll play around with it a little more tomorrow. i'm not too happy about the placement just cause of aesthetic reasons but i think that's the best spot. it's distributing good flow to all the corals and at the same time not blowing directly onto any corals. i love how it takes up minimal space in the tank.

the last issue i needed to address was to find another clownfish. i called mitch (kerusso316) up. i bought my last onyx from him.

(not the one that jumped)

IMG_1088-1.jpg

he said that he had some picasso's in. i also told him that my onyx has not colored up near his tail since i bought. mitch lived up to his color guarantee and told me he'd replace that clown with another one. i came home with this beautiful pair.

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

mitch gave me a great price on the picasso. he didn't have any grade A's yet but he said that once he does, i can trade this one in if i wanted to.

that's it for now...hope you guys enjoy the update!

Nice pics. That monti is really bleached. All of that from a Koralia shadow?

nah.... i'm pretty sure it was from the week or so my sitter turned the lights off.

Nice tank. I am a cmas member too. Do you have contact info for the clownfish breeder?

the breeders nano-reef and rc name is kerusso316. i'll pm you his number.

for a while now, i've been wanting to add some actinics to my sunpod. i've been wanting to get a hold of one of evilc66's led fixture but so has a lot of other people. so last week, i did lots of reading and got brave. i ordered some cree xre royal blue led's and a buckpuck. i also made a trip to radio shack to pick up some supplies. and today, in a couple of hours, i put together my first led fixture. i did a pretty messy job with everything since my main goal was just to get it to work. right now all the wires are exposed, epoxy is everywhere.... but i didn't really care. when i plugged it in and those bright blues blinded me.... i was pretty damn proud of myself. diy leds was always something i didn't even think of getting involved in because it sounded too complicated.

here some pics

as you can see...kinda ghetto. especially with the buckpuck just danglin'

IMG_2386.jpg

radium bulb + royal blues. can't really see it in the pic, but the corals had more of a pop to em'

IMG_2368.jpg

a shot of just the blues. again, the picture doesn't capture how it really looks. i did my best

IMG_2378.jpg

now i just have to work on cleaning up the look. hide the wires somehow, maybe put some type of casing over the heatsinks...etc.

I love it. I say you done a great change in your lighting. And i am not too big on MH lights, but what you have done, i could change my mind. Great job

WOW those are beautiful clowns! I'm very jealous!

yea.. love these little guys. even had to put the neon dottyback in the refugium because he kept picking on them. i'll keep him down there for a bit till the clowns get established.

I love it. I say you done a great change in your lighting. And i am not too big on MH lights, but what you have done, i could change my mind. Great job

thanks!

you have done very well with the tank

bzphotog

thanks bz..... just checked out your thread. man... you gotta give me some tips on taking pics. yours look great!

went to my local zoa/paly guy's house over the weekend and picked up some new additions to the tank. i'm running out of real estate but there's always some room for some of these

not sure of any of the names so any id's would be helpful

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

i also put a black poster board on the wall behind my tank. i was kinda getting sick of the blue paint. also the black really brings out the colors more.

fts

IMG_2461.jpg

what a great choice of zoas. I really like the 1st and 3rd ones the best.

I too like the blackbacking the most cuz black brings out the color more than blue.

Great additions mate

what a great choice of zoas. I really like the 1st and 3rd ones the best.

I too like the blackbacking the most cuz black brings out the color more than blue.

Great additions mate

yea, i love those first ones too. they were actually the free frag the guy threw in because i bought a several.

I have these too, I thought they looked like 'blue ice' but wasn't too sure.

Tanks filling in great!

that's what i thought they were. i got this pic off of zoaid.com.

look pretty close to me!

blueice_noflash.jpg

redkneecoral

i would say they look close as well.

looks like i would have to come over and snag that one while you sleep, what time do you go to bed, lol

Archived