inTank Media Baskets

REEFROOKS 10G ADA 45-P

reefrook

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks! but all the credit goes to the reefers around chicago. without them i wouldn't have as nearly as many corals as i do cause quite frankly, i wouldn't be able to afford buying through the LFS or online retailers.

but yea..it's time you post some updated pics of your 15 gal!

I know what you mean of not being able to afford corals from the lfs. Usually I don't have much money to work with since my line of work (drywall) isn't like it use to be. But here lately I've been able to spent and spent some more while this particular job i am doing right now last.

I wish i had more reefers aroung my way like you do lol.

I would post an update on my 15, BUT, I don't have that 15 up anymore. I switch everything over to my 30 long and now I have a 10 gal zoa tank going.

Do you live in Chicago or near? Maybe we have the same ripe off lfs!!!

I live about 45 min from Chicago in the northwest suburbs, streamwood to be exact. And it's not like I'm sayin it's the lfs's fault their prices are high, cause I know they have to cover overhead and make a profit. I was just sayin that it was too much for me. That's all. But yea, I usually go to beyond the reef or to advanced aquatics. Both places have a great staff that's for the most part very knowledgable.

I finally picked up a new onyx today to replace the one that went carpet surfing. got this guy from Mitch aka Booyah. real nice guy...knows a lot about his fish. i would definitely recommend buying clowns from him.... he offers a color guarantee and will replace your fish if it doesn't color up or even if you just don't like how it colors up.

here's a pic.

IMG_1088.jpg

my only concern is how much bigger this one is than the other clown. hopefully the get along and start dating soon ;)

justkidding86

Nice tank!

It's nice to see someone else that is located in the same area as me. The LFS are really expensive in this area, but I have an ace up my sleeve. I work at a LFS tropi quatics and I get employee discounts :happy: I just wish I had the local connections like you do those are some awesome frags.

Nice tank!

It's nice to see someone else that is located in the same area as me. The LFS are really expensive in this area, but I have an ace up my sleeve. I work at a LFS tropi quatics and I get employee discounts :happy: I just wish I had the local connections like you do those are some awesome frags.

if ever you're looking for some new corals, just shoot me a pm. i'll get you in touch with some people who hopefully have something you're looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

just a couple updates..

the pokerstar frag i got a couple weeks ago isn't doing so hot. looks like RTN (rapid tissue necrosis). it was probably because i've been flicking the salt creep back in the tank. i didn't know that that was harmful to the tank, especially the corals :slap: so hopefully it can be revived.... although i doubt it. looks pretty bad.

IMG_1149.jpg

on a brighter note.... my gf bought me a new fish for my bday to replace the yasha that died a while back.

a beautiful neon dottyback!

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

only problem is that i did a little research on him and it seems that dottybacks can get aggressive towards invertabrae. i was very worried for my sexy shrimp.... but so far the dottyback has been behaving. i love watching him swim through the rockwork looking for food. very active compared to my yasha who was always hiding. i'm keeping a close watch though, any signs of mischief and i'm kickin his ass to the curb (lfs)

dude, that neon dottyback is awesome. I would love to get me one of them. Wondering if they are pricy.

I use to have the yellow and purple dotty and i had never encounter a problem of it going after any of sexies or my scarlet. Only problem i had with the botty was it would go after any new fish i added butthe ones before it was left alone.

dude, that neon dottyback is awesome. I would love to get me one of them. Wondering if they are pricy.

I use to have the yellow and purple dotty and i had never encounter a problem of it going after any of sexies or my scarlet. Only problem i had with the botty was it would go after any new fish i added butthe ones before it was left alone.

yea..he's so fun to watch! i think my gf got him for around $60 at the lfs.

but yea...hopefully he continues to behave as well as he has been. i dont need to worry about any new fish being harassed since he's the last addition.

Looking clean! You may want to get a little more rock to work with though.

Yea.. i thought about adding more rock but i love the look of having minimal rockwork, which is why i thought a fuge was a must. i now have about 10-15 lbs of live rock in my refugium which seems to be keeping up with my bioload.

IT does look very clean.

That clown looks like one from my current pair. It was very small for a perc clown, and kinda dark like that, not ORA. Where'd you get yours?

IT does look very clean.

That clown looks like one from my current pair. It was very small for a perc clown, and kinda dark like that, not ORA. Where'd you get yours?

i got that onyx clown from Rod Beuhler (the guy that makes Rod's Food). he's still very young so only time will tell if he colors up to be an onyx.

• 5 weeks later...

just thought i'd do a little update since i havent really posted in a while.

haven't had too much luck with sps. birdsnest and pokerstar monti are gone...both hit by RTN. my porcelain crab went belly up about a week ago. bummer.... that guy was fun to watch. i also picked up a couple polyps of devil's armor but i noticed this white slime that was forming over them. when i went to blow it away with a turkey baster, the polyps blew away with it. i did an iodine dip and managed to save 1.

besides those mishaps....everything else is doing great.

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

my bleached acans are starting to color back up

IMG_1586.jpg

anyone know what those long white things are? they just appeared outta nowhere and continue to grow. they're kinda fleshy...

IMG_1575.jpg

your tank is looking good. Love the mushies.

thanks! the green hairy mushroom split recently and the other multi colored mushroom spit out a couple babies. didn't know how big mushrooms can get...

Your tank is lookin gooooood. Those are at my LFS all the time. I will have to ask what they are next time I go.

thanks... and yea, let me know what they say. i guess if they sell it, it isn't harmful.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived