inTank Media Baskets

REEFROOKS 10G ADA 45-P

reefrook

tank overflowed over the weekend! :angry: not sure what happened... maybe something got stuck in my overflow or too much air got in. whatever the case, don't want that sh*t to happen again. after going over all my options and finding some drilled ADA tanks like schg's, i decided to get on with it. thanks to schg's help.... success! and since i had to take everything out, i decided to do some remodeling.. i'll post pics some time this week

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the makeover is finished! the new overflow is running smoothly. got rid of a lot of rock which is now in fuge. also got rid of the big green monti cap...that thing was just takin up too much real esate. i wanted a much more cleaner look...my old setup was lookin a bit too crowded. here's some pics i took real quick. i'll try to post better ones later (or once i learn how to take better ones)

IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5070.jpg

danger island

IMG_5071.jpg

hope you guys like it!

yea...when i first got it i had my light down too low. some STN started happening at the base. as soon as i raised the light up a little higher, the STN stopped. i know i should frag it but i'm hoping i can keep its shape by letting it encrust over the dead area.

if i frag, you can help yourself to a piece!

I would love that and I appreciated it. I am patient. Maybe we can work something out.

Love the flower nem!

I agree with you Giga.

Danger island, i like it

This tank is seriously the reason I set up my tank as an ADA.

It keeps getting better!

Love you...

haha jk my heart belongs to another.

by another I mean your tank.

This tank is seriously the reason I set up my tank as an ADA.

It keeps getting better!

Love you...

haha jk my heart belongs to another.

by another I mean your tank.

easy zook... don't know if i should start watching out who my tank hangs out with ;)

thanks for the kind words. feels good to know that my tank actually inspired somebody!

• 2 weeks later...
the makeover is finished! the new overflow is running smoothly. got rid of a lot of rock which is now in fuge. also got rid of the big green monti cap...that thing was just takin up too much real esate. i wanted a much more cleaner look...my old setup was lookin a bit too crowded. here's some pics i took real quick. i'll try to post better ones later (or once i learn how to take better ones)

IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5070.jpg

danger island

IMG_5071.jpg

hope you guys like it!

How's the new overflow design working for you? How's the noise--does it make any loud gurgling sound as it drains?

I'm researching various overflow schemes for a rimless tank I'm planning and yours looks like a good example! I like the white PVC with the white wall background. Did you paint the PVC white? Do you scrape coraline off the pipes frequently?

How's the new overflow design working for you? How's the noise--does it make any loud gurgling sound as it drains?

I'm researching various overflow schemes for a rimless tank I'm planning and yours looks like a good example! I like the white PVC with the white wall background. Did you paint the PVC white? Do you scrape coraline off the pipes frequently?

i love it. no more pvc hangin off the back of my tank so it looks much cleaner. more importantly, i don't have to constantly worry about my carpet gettin soaked. i know it can still happen if something gets stuck in the overflow, but not as likely than with my old overflow. it does make a gurgling sound. i've been meaning to make a durso standpipe but the noise hasn't really been that loud to bother me.

I did not paint the pvc, it's just white to begin with. i wipe down the pipes once a week or whenever i see anything growing on them. but i think i'm going to make another set of pipes. that way, when they get dirty, i can just swap em out for some clean ones and clean the dirty ones in my sink. that'll be much easier i think.

i'd love to see how it would look with clear pvc. is there anything to stop small critters from getting sucked in?

awesome tank by the way, if i haven't already said it.

i'd love to see how it would look with clear pvc. is there anything to stop small critters from getting sucked in?

awesome tank by the way, if i haven't already said it.

actually i've been looking for glass pipes to put in instead of the pvc but still no luck. but yea, it would look pretty slick if i had some in. i didn't put a screen or anything to stop things from getting sucked in. just figured if they did get pulled in they would just go straight to the fuge where they'd be safe.

thanks for checkin out my tank!

Wow very nice. Simple but so much going on pure awesomeness !!!

Hollywood2009

thanks hollywood!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
hey rook hows the tank doing?

the tank is doing alright i guess, considering i have been somewhat neglecting the past month. i've been really busy with school and work and haven't even had a chance to change the water. but other than some patches of cyano, no visible harm done.

no new fish or corals. i'm actually moving in a month to california.... hopefully the livestock survives that long drive :scarry: but once i do get there, i plan on upgrading.... can't wait for that! omgomgomg

thanks for checkin in hype!

new fts please.

as requested (i don't have a camera right now, so i was forced to use my iphone)

and as you can see....not much has changed since the last update

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

the tank is doing alright i guess, considering i have been somewhat neglecting the past month. i've been really busy with school and work and haven't even had a chance to change the water. but other than some patches of cyano, no visible harm done.

no new fish or corals. i'm actually moving in a month to california.... hopefully the livestock survives that long drive :scarry: but once i do get there, i plan on upgrading.... can't wait for that! omgomgomg

thanks for checkin in hype!

Well the tank still looks great. GL with the move. What are you planning to upgrade to?

Well the tank still looks great. GL with the move. What are you planning to upgrade to?

not quite sure yet. i was first thinking that i get a 40b or something a little bigger with a hood on top, that way i'm not limited to what fish i can keep, like jawfish and such.... but then again, i've always had my eye on the 90-P or even the 120-P with the built-in glass overflows. man are those slick! with the 120-p i can just imagine having all that open water... plus being able to keep the rockwork far from the glass so i can get my whole hand in there to keep the glass immaculate. but we'll see....i'll think about it more after i get my head out of the clouds..

Your tank is simply breathtaking. I love the Armano minimalist style. I'm coming from the planted tank world, and it's great to see some marine tanks that are just as beautiful and well thought out.

I'm going to cut my teeth on a nano cube for a while, but my first upgraded tank is going to have to be an ADA.

Archived