Coral Vue Hydros

Evilc66's Oceanic 30g Cube

evilc66

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Dave. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of that look either. I might add a little more rock towards the back, but it won't be much.

Looking back on some of the pictures I took yesterday, I surprised that I managed to get such good shots with the stock 18-55mm lens. I would still love a macro lens though.

Looks wonderful! I like the quasi tower in the corner of the tank. It'll look amazing when those caps grow out. I see you have the blue plague mushies. They just grow so freakin fast! Look good though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes. More pics are in order. Got a few new corals in there this weekend, so it's a good excuse to take some pictures.

where are those new pics?? I need more inspiration to get my 30 cube up and running!!

I know. I suck. I'll try and get some pictures up soon. I have a final I have to deal with tonight, so that's priority one.

hey evilc are u on fish lore

cos i saw this sam tank on there

Nope. Not on that site. Did you see the same tank, or my tank? Got a link?

Thanks. There has been some really nice growth since the last batch of pictures, now that I look back at them. The Baby's Breath favia and the acan are doing especially well.

GL on the final, and since I missed out on the 20" 250 SUNPOD I guess I am going to try and go all LED. It will be a mix of LPS, zoo's, and mushies. This might be better for the lighting forum, so I will phrase my question this way... IF you were going to go all LED in this tank, how would you set it up to get the same amount of light you are achieving now??

No new pics yet, evil? It's been a week. I may have missed it in the thread, but what manner of sump did you end up going with? Is it something manufactured or something you DIY'ed?

yes i that exzact same photo of the bare tank with the coral line and all and i didn't evan know bout this site then

i dont think that i will beable to get a link cos i dont use that site anymore and that was like 2 months ago

but i haven't evan read this thread yet

CIMG1947.jpg

this is the 1

GL on the final, and since I missed out on the 20" 250 SUNPOD I guess I am going to try and go all LED. It will be a mix of LPS, zoo's, and mushies. This might be better for the lighting forum, so I will phrase my question this way... IF you were going to go all LED in this tank, how would you set it up to get the same amount of light you are achieving now??

Final is over, and wasn't too bad. Time to figure out what class to take for next semester.

If I were to go all LED, it would be a 24 LED array in a 6x4 array, with maybe 80 degree optics to get similar results to my 150W Sunpod. 60's if I were shooting for 250W levels.

Great job moving everything over, looks SOO nice ! Any above pics of the overflow? I like the toothless idea. What about snails?

I'll shoot some pictures of the overflow tonight for you. I've never had issues with snails with this overflow. The way it's designed, it's supposed to stop them from getting in the drain.

Very nice tank. Would love to find some snow blue cloves. Great pictures too. Do you target feed your Acans and Duncans? :)

I target feed them every now and then, but lately I have been just dropping a cube of frozen cyclopeze in and letting the powerheads blow everything around (with the return pump off of course). Seems to work well, as the duncans, acans, and favia have doubled since I got them.

No new pics yet, evil? It's been a week. I may have missed it in the thread, but what manner of sump did you end up going with? Is it something manufactured or something you DIY'ed?

Pics should be up tonight, now that school is over.

The sump was a DIY. Not one of my finest, but it works. There are pictures earlier in the thread. Sapphire Aquatics makes a sump very similar that works with this tank and stand.

Dang looking sharp.

Thanks

yes i that exzact same photo of the bare tank with the coral line and all and i didn't evan know bout this site then

i dont think that i will beable to get a link cos i dont use that site anymore and that was like 2 months ago

but i haven't evan read this thread yet

this is the 1

Hmm. Thats not good. I'll have to hunt that down.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Evil, can you post pics of your plumbing? I bought the glass-holes overflow and return kit, and I would like to see how you hooked it up in the back of the tank and in the sump. Thanks!

Archived