Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Evilc66's Oceanic 30g Cube

evilc66

I had my exposure compensation set a little too low, so it's brighter in person. It's a Phoenix 14K. It's still quite blue, but crisper than the pictures.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

Lookin' good evil, the tank of course lol, it's always nice to see a newly setup tank, I also use to use a tom aquatics temp and it was off by 3, have you ever used a ViaAqua for your return, It's what I have been using for 2 years now and it's dead silent, never have ceased or failed on me and they don't cost much either.

Evilc, How is the pump with doing the job of returning the water to the Display Tank?

I have heard they are noisy in the beginning also. It might also be that its hitting the side of the Sump.

Lookin' good evil, the tank of course lol, it's always nice to see a newly setup tank, I also use to use a tom aquatics temp and it was off by 3, have you ever used a ViaAqua for your return, It's what I have been using for 2 years now and it's dead silent, never have ceased or failed on me and they don't cost much either.

Never used ViaAqua. I might consider it if I can't get this one quiet. Maxijet Utility pumps are still high on my list though.

Evilc, How is the pump with doing the job of returning the water to the Display Tank?

I have heard they are noisy in the beginning also. It might also be that its hitting the side of the Sump.

It's got more than enough flow. I actually had to throttle it back a little (I put a ball valve on the output).

What an adorable clown! Is it a true perc or onyx?

I miss my clowns. They jumped out this month when I was on vacation.

It's just a true perc. I was surprised at how black he got though. I wanted onyx clows, but I like this little guy :)

Never used ViaAqua. I might consider it if I can't get this one quiet. Maxijet Utility pumps are still high on my list though.

I have the Maxijet 3000 Utility Pump as the return on my 40BR and highly recommend it. Very quiet and easy to disassemble and clean. Hopefully it will continue to perform well over the long haul.

Tanks is looking good Evil. Can wait to see it fill in.

-Prof

Looking good so far, Im glad the little guy made it. That mushroom rock doesnt look as big now that it is in a 30.

That was the biggest rock in the BC14 too :lol: Looks like a pebble in there

I have the Maxijet 3000 Utility Pump as the return on my 40BR and highly recommend it. Very quiet and easy to disassemble and clean. Hopefully it will continue to perform well over the long haul.

Tanks is looking good Evil. Can wait to see it fill in.

-Prof

I should have done it from the start. But no, I wanted to save $20. After my experience with the NJ5500, I shouldn't have second guessed myself. I love that pump. The QO2200 has gotten quieter over the last few days. I might monkey with it a little more, but it's acceptable now.

thats an impressive cube....

:o

Thanks. It's only going to get better from here on out. My LFS just got a new shipment of LR in. Looks like the Haitian rock that has been coming in recently. Very different shapes to what you are used to with Fiji LR, and super light weight. Should be good. :)

Evil,

Maybe I missed it but what kind of lighting are you using for this ?

20" 150W Sunpod with a Phoenix 14K.

20" 150W Sunpod with a Phoenix 14K.

Do you have a picture with it sitting on the tank ? Just curious as I may have a killer deal on this light and wondering what it looks like on the tank. Im all about looks with certain things.

Lookin good Evil, I like those Oceanic 30g Cubes. I used to have one and put in a false back with a couple chambers and a 150MH.

Tank is looking great!

Just a tip on the overflow. I'm running the same one and have a piece of black plastic gutter guard (the glass-holes guys included it for me) and it works really well on keeping even my dwarf ceriths from taking a ride into my filter sock and doesn't seem to affect the flow.

Gotta get a pic once the lights are on. My LFS had some killer Haitian LR and I found a piece that worked perfectly for my scaping idea. Got a bit of a diatom bloom that was expected, but that is dissipating. Everyone seems to have survived the transistion, including the peppermint shrimp. He was the one I was expecting to snuff it.

150W Sunpod with a Phoenix 14K

New FTS

CIMG1953.jpg

The rock on the left in the corner is the one I'm talking about. It's one peice from sandbed to powerhead.

Archived