Cultivated Reef

Evilc66's Oceanic 30g Cube

evilc66

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope :)

I did notice that the picture I posted for my last FTS sucked, so I will get a new one up soon. Skimmer is working like a champ though.

That's one thing I really liked about that rock. I still have a bunch of zoas that I still need to put back in there, but I have lots of goodies in the frag tank that can go in there.

Hey Evil I am about to order that overflow from Gl#######s...

Just out of curiosity, how is the noise level on it?

Hahaha oops... I guess I can't say that as one word. I didn't think that would happen. :lol:

That's why they put the dash in there :lol:

The overflow is dead silent, and I didn't even have to mess with it. I hear the hum of my pump over this.

Some new additions:

DSC_0286-1.jpg

New rainbow rhodactis mushroom. With out a doubt, my favorite mushroom so far.

DSC_0287.jpg

Dendrophilia. Love these guys. He's fat and happy because I just fed him.

I'll do another FTS this weekend. I have still to put some more of the original zoas back in. They are currently chilling in the frag tank for the moment.

I found out how really fat and happy that dendro gets when fed. I gave it a brine shrimp pellet and it puffed up to three times it's size. I'll feed it again soon and get a picture. It's pretty funny how huge it gets.

• 4 weeks later...

I think we are about due for a new one. I have some new corals to show off too. I'll get some pictures up tomorrow at lunch when the lights are back on.

No LEDS?! *GASP*

Nice dendro, I just got 3 heads that look just like it. So beautiful :D

And that haitian rock is freakin' awesome. I can't wait to see it stocked.

I know. Shocking isn't it? :) I actually bought that Sunpod to start on the LED actinic setup. It's a fantastic fixture though and works perfectly on this tank. If I didn't have this, there would probably be LEDs over the tank. Might still do them at a later date.

That Haitian rock is coloring up wonderfully. It's getting some really nice deep red/purple coraline on it. I'll try and snap some pictures of it.

Haitian rock is really dope. I have a nice piece as well. My LFS has a 200 gallon display totally scaped in it, 200lbs of rock in 6-8 pieces, yours is extremely similar, very nice.

I have a question though please. I have an outer orbit with the coralife 14k and 420/460 65w PCs. Im going to be switching all bulbs out soon and was wondering whats the best route for a nice 20k pop look. Marine depot has a sale on the Phoenix for $50, which I see you have, so im really leaning towards that. So the replacment PCs are where im troubled. Should I stick with the 420/460 50-50 bulbs, or go with all 420, or all 460? Will the Phoenix not need so much supplementation? Thanks a lot!

The Current dual actinics (420/460nm) are a great ballance of blue and fluorescence. If you want more of a purple look, try a full 420nm actinic. The UVL PC-Rs could be a good alternative (PCs with internal reflectors).

Ok, so someone wanted pictures.

DSC_03420007.jpg

FTS

DSC_03350014.jpg

DSC_03490002.jpg

Rainbow rhodactis again. I love this mushroom.

DSC_03360013.jpg

Green ric with purple base.

DSC_03370012.jpg

My fat and happy plate again. It's doing so much better in this tank.

DSC_03400009.jpg

Green and purple duncans. Love these guys.

DSC_03410008.jpg

Mohawks

DSC_03380011.jpg

DSC_03470004.jpg

Acans

DSC_03390010.jpg

DSC_03480003.jpg

Blastos. These are neat. They have a gold-ish speckling on them. Never seen a morph like this before.

DSC_03520001.jpg

Baby's breath favia. Soooo pretty.

DSC_03530002.jpg

Gold with a dark purple skirt zoas.

DSC_03540001.jpg

My PO'd meteor shower cyphestrea. Just moved it to lower light to see how it reacts. Hasn't been happy since I go it two weeks ago, but there hasn't been any die-off.

DSC_03450006.jpg

Blue snowflake cloves anyone?

DSC_03500001.jpg

Here is an example of that super rich dark red coraline algae that I was talking about. The stuff is everywhere.

The tank overall is doing really well. I had a bout of dinoflagellates, but those are done since I added a Sapphire Aquatics media reactor with a little GFO. I also swapped one of the Koralia Nanos for a K1.

Archived