ReefCleaners.org

Evilc66's Oceanic 30g Cube

evilc66

Little SOBs managed to get past my usual peroxide/freshwater dip too. I'm not too bummed if I only loose the one frag. I have another on hold till next week from the place I bought them from. Just waiting to see if there are any other casualties as a result before picking up replacements.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About a week in now, and all I have lost is the Midas Golds. Gold Mauls and the Goblin Fires are still closed, but I'm not seeing tissue death. Just a waiting game at this point. I don't want to add anything else until I get this sorted.

Nanofreak79

That's what sucks about the zoa game. Never able to keep them all from dying. Glad to hear it's only the Midas. Are you treating the tank or just being a hunter/killer

All the frags are easily removed from the tank, so I have only been treating what was necessary. For now, it's only been FW dips for about 3-5 minutes and manually picking off the dead nudis. I haven't seen any evidence of any more for a few days now, and the zoas that have opened up don't look irritated any more. The ones that are closed aren't showing any signs of decay. I spotted a few of the smaller polyps of the Gold Mauls starting to open up, so there is hope. The large one is still closed up tight.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So, much like last time, this tank hasn't been getting the attention it deserved after my son was born back in August (damn kids!). Got some time to do some work on it this weekend thanks to my very loving and understanding wife, so I managed a healthy water change, some glass scraping, coral/snail corpse cleanup, and replaced the WP-10's with RW-8's. Even on it's lowest setting it's pushing way more water than the WP-10s ever did flat out. Ended up putting the RW-8's on 12v power supplies and it's a lot more manageable now. At least I have some head room in the flow department now without having to resort to new pumps.

Started getting some aiptasia, so in went 3 peppermint shrimp (the right kind, I picked them out specifically from my LFS, who didn't know the difference) and an aiptsia eating file fish. Some new snails were added too to replenish the CUC that the two lone hermits have seemed to decimate since about this time last year.

That's about it for now. Hopefully now that Seth is a little less needy (8 months old now), I will be able to put a little more time into the tank on the weekends. :haha::haha:

Justind823

Oh man! I thought for sure this tank was taken down. Glad to hear it's still hanging in there

Things are just progressing at a more leisurely pace :)

The 40B is getting taken down though. It will be getting reworked a little to fix some of the problems I had with it (plumbing issues, sump layout, etc...), but it will be a long slow process. Don't think I will be doing a thread for that one. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not too good at keeping up with them ;)

• 5 months later...

Archived