Top Shelf Aquatics

Evilc66's Oceanic 30g Cube

evilc66

So will the water level in the display be right at the top of the toothless overflow? Trying to understand how it will work. Also will you have anything on the top of it to keep inquisitive critters from entering?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So will the water level in the display be right at the top of the toothless overflow? Trying to understand how it will work. Also will you have anything on the top of it to keep inquisitive critters from entering?

Water level is supposed to be about 1/2" above the overflow according to Glass-Holes. That should put the waterline right at the bottom of the trim.

Don't have any plans for a screen. My cats are surprisingly good about keeping paws out. The BC14 is open top, as well as my Finnex 4g, and the 30B and 40B tanks. I have a bigger issue with them chewing my ATO lines :angry:. I think I'd only put a screen over it if I ended up getting fish that were prone to carpet surfing. My clown hasn't even made an attempt at the back chambers yet, so I'm not worried about him.

Evil66 is that the 300 gph that Glass HOles offers?

What size hole cutter did you pruchase?

"Z"

That is the 300gph Super Nano. By default, the kit comes with the right size holesaw for the 1" bulkhead. I bought the full holesaw kit when I built my last system, so I didn't need it this time around. It's a 1-3/4" holesaw incase you were interested.

Evil I meant on the overflow so snails, fish whatever don't go into it - clog it - cause overflow of display - burnout of return pump - subsequent leveling of the house by fire!!!!

Evil I meant on the overflow so snails, fish whatever don't go into it - clog it - cause overflow of display - burnout of return pump - subsequent leveling of the house by fire!!!!

Gotcha. Hasn't bee a concern on the larger overflows, but I might put some egg crate over the opening. The Glass-Holes design helps prevent most issues like that though. The inside of their overflows looks like this

---------------------|				   ||				   ||	----------	 ||	|   --   |	 ||	|  /  \  |	 ||	| |	| |	 ||	|  \  /  |	 ||	|   --   |	 ||				   |---------------------

The gap at the bottom stops larger snails from getting through, but still flows plenty of water.

What!? :eek: Evil isn't using LED's!? omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

I am too. Just not all LEDs :P

this is gonna be nice evil.....best of luck to you!

happy reefin and positive vibes, bro. :D

Thanks. At least I didn't break this one!

Gotcha. Hasn't bee a concern on the larger overflows, but I might put some egg crate over the opening. The Glass-Holes design helps prevent most issues like that though. The inside of their overflows looks like this

---------------------	 |				   |	 |				   |	 |	----------	 |	 |	|   --   |	 |	 |	|  /  \  |	 |	 |	| |	| |	 |	 |	|  \  /  |	 |	 |	|   --   |	 |	 |				   |	 ---------------------

Hmmmm.....I think I know that girl....................... :naughtydance::naughtydance::slap:

Hmm. I've got 16 days to get 88 more posts to 8000 in two years. Think I can do it?

I've done that in a single day on more than one occasion. You just have to dedicate a couple of hours to N-R and post in pretty much every section.

I refuse to degrade myself to the lounge :D I have less than 40 posts there and don't plan on adding a lot more.

I refuse to degrade myself to the lounge :D I have less than 40 posts there and don't plan on adding a lot more.

My high post-count days are the ones where I venture OUT of the lounge, ironically.

Hmm. I've got 16 days to get 88 more posts to 8000 in two years. Think I can do it?

you know all you have to do is post that you are coming out with something new or that you are starting another GB! you'll probably do it in one day. ;)

No, that's a great way to get views and posts by everyone else in short order. Shame I don't get anything for answering PMs. I'd be over 10K by now :lol:

:lol: ain't that the truth. i'm taking a shot in the the dark, but you get (i'm guessing here) an average of 10-20 PM's per day?

there should be a contest to see who receives the most PM's in a week. i bet you will probably win if not be real close. :D

Archived