Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

WOW! :bowdown:

Your tank is truly inspiring! Well done, maybe one day I will have such an amazing tank. But for now I will just dream about putting together a system again. It's been a few years since I had reef tanks and I like the idea of nano tanks(both for lack of space and a lack of funds).

Anywho keep up the awesome work!

So somehow in the short time that I have been here (even after seeing your posts all across this site) I have never looked at your thread...Well it only took me a couple of hours, but I have now read the entire thing.

This tank is amazing. Seeing you setup your overflow has also made me want to setup my own. I've always wanted to have a sump/refugium, but have been put off by designing an overflow system. Is there any downfall that you can see in the herbie system that you have? Also is there a bit better guide that you know of? I believe I've gotten the jist of it just from the pictures, but I'd like to be sure.

Sorry, for my lack of updates. I've been super busy with work and trying to plan for a wedding. And on top of all that, I've been dealing with some MAJOR drama with my tank. Here's the breakdown...

1) 2 maxis decided to take a stroll around my rockwork... while stinging a ton of SPS in the process. The areas that were stung have not fully opened yet. Hoping not too much damage, but we shall see. I tried my best to keep them at bay by putting rock rubble and frag discs in its way, but to no avail.

2) During the crazy Southern California storm, power went out a few times (sometimes while I was at work) and my tank went without circulation and heat for awhile. Couple of my SPS didn't look so happy.

3) Then, on top of that, my float switch FAILED on me while I was sleeping. It basically got stuck. Luckily I have the secondary float switch, but about 5 gallons of FW got dumped into my tank nevertheless. The couple SPS that didn't look so happy, got even worse and there is some die off in spots.

4) Then to top all of that craziness off, after I cut my blue maxi, one half died! I have cut many maxis, and this is my first casualty. The cut was near perfect as well, so I just don't get it. So sad. Such a nice specimen. Luckily the other half is just fine and is safe in my tank.

Sad events. But my tank will bounce back! I just need a little time to get everything back in order and I'll have some new photos then. So please be patient with me folks!

what's your frequency/regimen for feeding your SPS? are you pretty happy with the Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast?

I'm feeding every other day now. Sometimes every day. I'm pretty happy with Oyster Feast.

This tank is sexy.

Thank you!

WOW! :bowdown:

Your tank is truly inspiring! Well done, maybe one day I will have such an amazing tank. But for now I will just dream about putting together a system again. It's been a few years since I had reef tanks and I like the idea of nano tanks(both for lack of space and a lack of funds).

Anywho keep up the awesome work!

Thanks! Nano tanks are the way to go!

So somehow in the short time that I have been here (even after seeing your posts all across this site) I have never looked at your thread...Well it only took me a couple of hours, but I have now read the entire thing.

This tank is amazing. Seeing you setup your overflow has also made me want to setup my own. I've always wanted to have a sump/refugium, but have been put off by designing an overflow system. Is there any downfall that you can see in the herbie system that you have? Also is there a bit better guide that you know of? I believe I've gotten the jist of it just from the pictures, but I'd like to be sure.

I definitely recommend the herbie. dead silent for me. I've done dursos and stockman... Both get the job done, but not as quiet as herbie.

Check out this thread for some diagrams (it's the last diagram of the first post).

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

OK. Good night, folks!

Just read through every page last week.

GL getting everything back to normal again. I am sure that things will be fine shortly and I'm loking forward to seeing what amazingness you have in store for us.

Haven't taken a photo of my overall set-up in awhile. Here ya go.

Tank344.jpg

And in case anyone cared to know, this is what I am feeding my tank now.

Tank345.jpg

Hey I tried to get Cyclopeze freeze dried to work but it floats!? How do you get yours to stay under the water?

I soak mine in a cup of tank water for a while first. Once they are wet and soak up some water, they will sink.

Exactly. I use this method.

Maybe there was something wrong with mine...I would soak overnight and they still floated.

are you using a turkey baster? my experience has been that it often won't break the surface tension of the water, so you have to submerge it (e.g. by turkey baster).

are you using a turkey baster? my experience has been that it often won't break the surface tension of the water, so you have to submerge it (e.g. by turkey baster).

My method was to put it in a shot glass, put some water in it (usually tank water), and then stir/mix it with a small plastic pipette (basically a small turkey baster). It would still all just float...