Cultivated Reef

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

Looking good as usual!

Thanks! Unfortunately, my favorite orange nem moved to the back of my rockwork, so he's out of the picture at the moment.

hey Tigah, how ur Herbie ?Is still open standpipes ?

Yup. Open standpipes.

placement of the cap is PERFECT.

Adin....Yellow:

Tank369.jpg

Paul E. Wog
Adin....Yellow:

Tank369.jpg

GIMME NOW!!!!!!! *drool*

You have a wedding to plan for so you cant possibly afford this. Your gonna need to sell it to me I'm afraid. You simply cant afford such an expenditure right now. This is for your own good. :P

Seriously though that guy is amazing. Very jealous.

My tiger striped maxi is not being very photogenic in his little nook in the rocks right now. I'll hopefully have some pics in a few days though.

• 3 weeks later...
is that the same blue you cut in Jan?

Naw. It's a new one.

Check out the classified section, folks! There are a TON of maxi minis for sale right now by reefers.

I had to go to the County Assessor's Office for one of my clients and passed by an LFS on my way back to the freeway. Ended up picking up this nice monti cap (they called it "Brett's Monti Cap").

In any event, I got it nicely situated right next to the orange cap. It should grow out nicely.

Tank376.jpg

Tank377.jpg

Also going to MAX on Sunday so hopefully I'll see be able to pick up some goodies. :)

Nice what LFS is that from?

I'll be at MAX too! Looks like its going to be a great show.

Age of Aquariums. First time buying from them.

OK, folks. I need your input. I want to change my T5 bulb combo. My sps don't really pop in color. My current combo is as follows.

UVL 12000K Actinic White

ATI Blue+

Fiji Purple

ATI Blue+

ATI 12000K Aqua Blue

Any suggestions?

seriously, ok i know im not in the room, but the tanks well great. which way do you think the spectrum will have to move to get the "pop". also tigah if you do get more pop, people are going to start jacking your corals. may need a blue ringed gardpod.

seriously, ok i know im not in the room, but the tanks well great. which way do you think the spectrum will have to move to get the "pop". also tigah if you do get more pop, people are going to start jacking your corals. may need a blue ringed gardpod.

Hahah. Thanks! But I think the SPS could look a lot better. I'm thinking about adding more blue. I have trouble retaining blue/purple/green.

LED ;p

LEDs are nice. :)

i can see that now you point it out, gess i was think there was more of a red - orange theme.

the change will be intresting to see.

OK, folks. I need your input. I want to change my T5 bulb combo. My sps don't really pop in color. My current combo is as follows.

UVL 12000K Actinic White

ATI Blue+

Fiji Purple

ATI Blue+

ATI 12000K Aqua Blue

Any suggestions?

I would suggest switching out the Aquablue for another ATI Blue+.

You could also try masterbuilders combo, which is 3 ATI Blue+, 1 Fiji Purple, 1 GE 6500.

What about switching out the Fiji Purple (instead of the Aquablue) with another ATI Blue+? Any thoughts on how the colors will differ with those 2 different combos?

Paleoreef103
What about switching out the Fiji Purple (instead of the Aquablue) with another ATI Blue+? Any thoughts on how the colors will differ with those 2 different combos?

The Fiji Bulb is supposed to really help with the warmer colors so I wouldn't get rid of it. Some people have complained about the Aquablue washing colors out. This isn't universal and some people love the bulb, but others hate it. I do wonder if the actinic white and the fiji purple are good at complementing each other as they both should have a purple/ pink tint to them. I'd say buy another Blue + and mess around with the bulbs you have until you're satisfied. Besides, you can't ever go wrong with another Blue + lying around. That's my two cents.

Oh. And this is a nice read on SPS colors. http://reefbuilders.com/2008/09/03/guide-o...e-vivid-bright/

Edited by Paleoreef103

Thanks for the input! I actually already got the extra Blue+ bulb. I just haven't gotten around to putting it in yet. I'll try out the different combos and see how it looks.