Cultivated Reef

Unofficial Clown Goby Thread

Nanobuds

• 2 weeks later...
I just found this thread & had a question

never seen a painted goby for sale

are they rare, where might one find one of those beauties?

They're quite rare. That's my(or was :( ) painted clown on the front page. I LOVED that guy but no matter what I tried it would not eat and he withered away. I wanted the lfs to bring more in but they said it was a surprise fish and I'd be lucky if one ever came in again.

Aww, no fair, I need one like that again. I must bug my lfs again and see about getting one like it again. I want one like that though("war" paint style) not the regular painted ones.

Call around or better yet stop in to all your LFS and ask if they have a list or a binder where you can write your name and what you're looking for - they'll call you when it's in, no hassle. You could also check any local forums and start a wanted thread.

I wish I could take better photos of my green clown goby. He loves hanging out in my frogspawn and when he's in there you can barely see him.

I recently tried adding a yellow clown goby but he dissappeared after two days and I havent found a trace of him since. I even cleaned my HOB filter and tank and didnt see any remnants.

RIP sunny.

11/20/09-11/22/09

I wish I could take better photos of my green clown goby. He loves hanging out in my frogspawn and when he's in there you can barely see him.

I recently tried adding a yellow clown goby but he dissappeared after two days and I havent found a trace of him since. I even cleaned my HOB filter and tank and didnt see any remnants.

RIP sunny.

11/20/09-11/22/09

:)

:(

I cant believe how finnicky the GCG is though. When I first got him I would only see him if I sat perfectly still during feeding and if I was lucky, he'd dart out for a piece of mysis. Now he seems to be more comfortable and has a couple of "haunts" that he likes to alternate through.

I"ll try add my pics tonight.