Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Unofficial Clown Goby Thread

Nanobuds

• 3 months later...

I'm in the process of planning my 20g long tank and livestock. Currently have a red firefish goby, black ice clown, and a 6 line wrasse on the list. But thinking of adding a green goby to the list as well.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mtnbikeracer said:

I'm in the process of planning my 20g long tank and livestock. Currently have a red firefish goby, black ice clown, and a 6 line wrasse on the list. But thinking of adding a green goby to the list as well.

Go for it! I have one in my 20G, and he's amazing. 🙂 

On 11/2/2018 at 11:38 AM, Firefish15 said:

I'm thinking about getting either a citron or a YCG for my 10g. Current residents are a red firefish, a few snails, and an emerald crab. This would be my last fish livestock in the tank.

I added a yelllow clown goby to my tank (35 cube) with my firefish. Both peaceful and didn't bother each other. 

• 2 months later...

He's still kicking around, seems to be quite happy. Quite the little personality! Always rockets towards the largest piece of food he can find, to the chagrin of the firefish. :lol: I've added more corals, and his new favorite is the cabbage leather up top.

IMG_20190409_135730402.thumb.jpg.3a571ea9cfa339620052e0a6f1937975.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
NaturallyKait

We brought home this guy today! He was eating well at the LFS and has already eaten mysis for us. He’s alone in the tank for now so he’s just starting to explore a little bit. 00E94977-35D3-4822-8815-4FC96E6C0D16.thumb.jpeg.70cd561559c5d149c2161b9d38891f39.jpeg

1CA45816-4E85-40F2-B876-50A203A9D22E.thumb.jpeg.6ba8abe468ed4fc2f9d0b7b7f90916d7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 7 months later...

thinking of getting on e of these after seeing some youtubes. I love how they perch on corals and are not shy and hide under rocks. My other choices are tail spot blenny and yellow watchman goby.  Love the grumpy and silly faces on those, just dont want one that is going to be hiding alll the time.  I defenly dont want 2 sand dwellers but i want to order 2 fish.  How are things going with yours?

• 2 years later...
ReefFrenzy1974
On 5/6/2009 at 9:42 PM, Miami Reefer said:

Great thread. I'll post pics of my gcb later.

Just hit a Green Clown Goby. Do they like to lean a lot when on the substrate? What other tips can you give me as far as feeding, amount, favorite food etc? Thank you. 

image.jpg

19 minutes ago, ReefFrenzy1974 said:

Just hit a Green Clown Goby. Do they like to lean a lot when on the substrate? What other tips can you give me as far as feeding, amount, favorite food etc? Thank you. 

image.jpg

Yes, they hide a lot at the bottom and against rocks. Sometimes they take up residence inside of none stinging coral like duncans, xenia, etc.

Your green clown look huge in that picture! 

ReefFrenzy1974
22 minutes ago, DevilDuck said:

Yes, they hide a lot at the bottom and against rocks. Sometimes they take up residence inside of none stinging coral like duncans, xenia, etc.

Your green clown look huge in that picture! 

Lol it’s bc it was zoomed in. Gobo is a baby. I knew they hide a lot but it just looked like he was leaning to one side. It looked odd to me.