Coral Vue Hydros

Unofficial Clown Goby Thread

Nanobuds

Nah he's only been in there 2 hours, so no eating yet (haven't tried!). I have some nice frozen brine shrimp ready for him to try tomorrow though =0)

• Like 1
Wow I love that paint noirsphynx! Where in the world did you get it?

Cas, yours looks like it's already found a hiding hole :) Is it eating yet?

I used to have a YCG in my 55g, he had a hard time eating pellets but would eat everything else

He's actually my third one. They're not easy to come by but I've been able to get them from two different lfs. I left this last guy at the store for a month before he came home to make sure he was eating. For some reason I've had horrible luck getting this variety to eat. I've had the typical ycg's before and they always ate well for me but not these guys. Unfortunately this guy eventually died but he did last for about 3 months. Cyclopeeze was his favourite.

Edited by noirsphynx

I have a beautiful YCG. He's been with me since the beginning and I've noticed him starting to nip at my SPS corals. Will these guys actually kill a coral or do they just nip at them?

I have a beautiful YCG. He's been with me since the beginning and I've noticed him starting to nip at my SPS corals. Will these guys actually kill a coral or do they just nip at them?

They can eat the polyps. My GCG has never rested or nipped at my birdsnest, but I know it is a possibility. It isn't unheard of for them destroy a few colonies.

• 5 months later...
Doesn't say anywhere, but how much water circulation can they take? I currently have 600l/h in a 30l tank, that's 20xwater movement.

Is it too much?

-Oskar

It's not so much turnover flow but strength of flow over a given area. My tank has at least 60/hr turnover but I created a lot of areas of very low flow to contrast the very high flow.

It's not so much turnover flow but strength of flow over a given area. My tank has at least 60/hr turnover but I created a lot of areas of very low flow to contrast the very high flow.

Thanks for the reply.

The pump should be fine then with the new filter I placed over it.

-Oskar

• 2 weeks later...

Just a stupid question, but I take it you can't keep a Citron and a Yellow in a 10 gallon...

The 2 fish already in there right now are a Jaguar Goby and a tiny Green-Banded Goby (3/4") who are getting along perfectly; the green-banded makes the jaguar feel safer and he comes out to eat almost daily which I hear is really unusual.

What will coexist with a yellow or a citron in a 10 gallon that already has a green-banded and a jaguar; I know neon goby relatives are too closely related and territorial to tolerate the green. Red headed gobies were beating up the jaguar.

For flow, they will be fine ... they are quite adept at finding suitable perches and have their 'sucker fin' to stick them to stuff!

Good question about goby compatibility ... not sure myself

Good question about goby compatibility ... not sure myself

The only reason I question it in the first place is that the Yellows are supposed to be so mellow, the Citrons are much bigger, and I haven't heard anything about the temperament of Citrons compared to the temperament of Yellows.

Already heard Greens are a bit more aggressive compared to the Yellows and there's already a green fish in the tank so they're out.

Not adding coral gobies until I have some more coral. Soft coral tank and I want them to have stuff to hide in.

Does anyone know which one has a gentler disposition? If I can't keep both it would be useful to know which one is generally nicer, but I don't want to crowed a small tank with lots of fish. I want everyone to feel comfortable and have room to move.

First tank and I've already had a bad experience with mixing the wrong fish. Bought 2 Red Headed Gobies with the Jaguar Goby because I stupidly assumed that the reds were a mated pair and getting along with the jag. They were all being kept together in a 1 gallon... Things were going fine in this 4 month old 10 gallon for about a week, then one of the reds decided to make a territory and it slowly expanded. The jag was fine for awhile, but he started getting picked on too. I wound up having to give away 2 30$ FISH! So I'm a little paranoid that I'll get it wrong again.

The Green-Banded Goby and the jag completely ignore each other, so it's the perfect relationship! :happy:

Edited by Goby Angyl

Had to share my little Green Clown Goby, he rarely ventured far from this large group of Toxic Waste Trumpet Coral. I would spear a cube of the gel-type Formula1 nearby and he'd munch on that for hours. I had him for 18 months or so and I'll miss him, am considering getting another now, probably a Painted if I can find one...

Clown%20Goby%20Green%201765b.jpg

Clown%20Goby%20Green%201896.jpg

Clown%20Goby1917.jpg

• 3 months later...
FishFreak77

I got a black clown goby a couple of days... He has not come out of hiding from under one of the only two rocks in my tank since I got him though. He is alive, because I check on him every day, but he just stays under the rock -_-

I got another little guy, but he didn't make it too long :tears:

These guys are hard to feed, especially when your punk-ass six-line wrasse steals food right out of their mouth! Arggg...

When I saw mine at the store I had them feed the tank. He ate right away so I knew I had to have him. He even eats pellets. They had a yellow clown goby in the same tank that was skinny and just spit out food. I got pretty lucky.

My little Yellow Clown died last Sunday. 8'( I Miss My Little Mikey So Much!!

Always plug that air tube hole above the outtake on your AquaClear Powerhead!

He was healthy and happy before he got sucked in and his head got stuck... I wasn't using the air tube for oxygenating the tank because the valve on the tip doesn't do a good enough job of stopping all the bubbles so I just didn't have the tube covering the hole. Now I've snipped a piece off the end of the tube (normal air tubing is too small) and stuck it in there with a regular valve on it to plug it so the sexy shrimp or another fish won't get sucked in.

Edited by Goby Angyl
FishFreak77

Mine finally came out of hiding for 3 days. I put some food in the tank, and he went crazy for it. He is pretty thin atm though. I will have to post a pic once I gte him plumped up some haha.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Deleted User 3

Help me identify my juvenile CG! She is pink, like... a baby pink, but add a bit of red to it, its light. So far, she has two stripes across her eyes, they are about the same color as the green CB's pink stripes. I've googled and googled. I'm pretty sure she's not a brown, yellow, green... I don't think she's red, but again she is a baby so who knows what she will grow up to look like. I also tried looking for juvenile photos of CB's but can't find any.

Here is a photo of when I first got her 2 weeks ago.

527347_423526237696939_2083873072_n.jpg

281462_425303290852567_182364049_n.jpg

Edited by TuLIPgirl
  • 2 weeks later...