Top Shelf Aquatics

gena's 10g nano

gena

Needreefunds

Love the tank and the vid Gena!

Such a gorgeous nano and that awesome Ric garden reminds me of Diane's incredible 5.5.

Just fantastic work Gena!

B)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love the tank and the vid Gena!

Such a gorgeous nano and that awesome Ric garden reminds me of Diane's incredible 5.5.

Just fantastic work Gena!

B)

:happy: Thanks! I have to tell you that your avatar is my son's favorite! Whenever he sees it he's like, go back up so I can see it :D

We have a new addition!

Went to the LFS yesterday and couldn't resist him. Bullet, our firefish, doesn't realize yet that this is a new buddy. He's freaking out. Course he's been alone for a while now. Hopefully he chills out soon. We came home to find him laying on top of the bookcase/tank stand. Luckily not dried out. We quickly put him back in and all seems fine 2 hours later. I had put screen only over a small section that was open. He managed to knock it away while taking his flying leap out of the tank. It's now been securely reinforced....I sure hope fingerscrossed.

Introducing......Marley

marley.jpg

I'll check out the new vid when I get home later. But that reminds me I need to shoot some video of my clown playing dead when it sleeps at night. :P It's pretty amusing...

I'll check out the new vid when I get home later. But that reminds me I need to shoot some video of my clown playing dead when it sleeps at night. :P It's pretty amusing...

definitely....I'd like to see that :lol:

Wow, close call on Bullet. Good thing you found him before it was too late! Aww, Marley sooo cute. Good choice!

My heart sank into my stomach when I saw him there. My son and I both went into his room right when we got home to see how things were going. The light was not yet on when we left so Bullet was still in hiding for the night.

My son freaked out...thought for sure he was dead or going to be soon.

Thank goodness he's still alive. I haven't seen him come out all day except for a quick peak out and a quick dart back in. Poor guy. I hope he adjusts soon. I don't know how long he had been sitting out of water before we found him. Ugh...makes me sick to think about it.

Needreefunds

I hope the little fellow pulls through gena.

Very sharp looking clown. Clean/bold coloring.

My Linear blenny jumped one day. Caught him flopping on the carpet ( when I finally looked up from my N-R screen lol )

Quickly scooped him up and back into the tank. He did one of those dead fishy twirls to the bottom :o

Then did that I'm dying soon fishy panting for an hour or so. Well, that was months ago.

Would never know it ever happened to look at him today.

With a little luck you too can tell a similar story fingerscrossed

I hope the little fellow pulls through gena.

Very sharp looking clown. Clean/bold coloring.

My Linear blenny jumped one day. Caught him flopping on the carpet ( when I finally looked up from my N-R screen lol )

Quickly scooped him up and back into the tank. He did one of those dead fishy twirls to the bottom :o

Then did that I'm dying soon fishy panting for an hour or so. Well, that was months ago.

Would never know it ever happened to look at him today.

With a little luck you too can tell a similar story fingerscrossed

thanks for the encouraging words! I too hope for a happy ending. he didn't act like he was dying. No gasping or twirling. Maybe a little discombobulated :lol:

I think he definitely survived the jump....but I'm concerned about the stress and the effect from that the next few days. I'm keeping my fingerscrossed

squirrelieygrrrl

yikes!

glad to hear you two got lucky and caught him in time.

i like the clown though, he does have very nice color to him.

yikes!

glad to hear you two got lucky and caught him in time.

i like the clown though, he does have very nice color to him.

Thanks :D I know...I'm so glad I didn't decide to make another stop before we went home. We've become quite attached to the little guy. He's the star of my video, after all :D

I just hope so much that he gets over this scared business soon. I hate how hard it can be to add fish. I don't think I've ever had a smooth transition when introducing a new fish.

• 1 month later...
How's your tank after your little adventure out in the wilderness?

:D It's fine. Although I have some palys that are bleaching on me. Not sure what's going on there. One of my favorites too! Maybe it's too much light. I just don't have anywhere else to put them so I'm leaving them be. I plan to start a frag tank soon so they can go in there. But...otherwise, everything survived my absence :D

Hey gena i love your ricordeas ... about how much do you pay for them in america? They arent cheap over here in australia .. anywhere from $150 - $500 dollars

:D It's fine. Although I have some palys that are bleaching on me. Not sure what's going on there. One of my favorites too! Maybe it's too much light. I just don't have anywhere else to put them so I'm leaving them be. I plan to start a frag tank soon so they can go in there. But...otherwise, everything survived my absence :D

Good to know everything is still alive & thriving! :)

Hope those palys get their tan back soon!

Hey gena i love your ricordeas ... about how much do you pay for them in america? They arent cheap over here in australia .. anywhere from $150 - $500 dollars

Hi! Thanks :D

I think the most I payed for a trio of small rics was $35-$40. Quite a difference from Australia...ouch!

Good to know everything is still alive & thriving! :)

Hope those palys get their tan back soon!

me too! so far no change..which I guess I should be glad it's not getting any worse!

I love your tank! That was one of the best vids I have seen of a nano.

thanks! Glad you enjoyed it :D

Wow, that is a great video! Very cool.

Thanks! We had a lot of fun making it. I'll be hopefully making another again soon :D

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, amazing little tank and awesome video! How has the acrylic stood up over the last few months?

Thanks :D The acrylic has been fine...have you heard something bad about this brand?

No, I'm just curious... I've considered acrylic for my next tank, but I worry about scratches.

That's a legitimate worry...they do get scratches...no matter how careful you are. The good thing is that they, for the most part, aren't noticeable. Stick with the algae pads made for acrylic tanks. Everything else I've tried for acrylic safe algae scraping has left a scratch (if you do decide to go acrylic).

gena is this the tank with the nova extreme pro?

yep it is...and it's bright! I actually took one of the 10k bulbs out...my coral have thanked me immensely :D

Archived