Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

gena's 10g nano

gena

Jacarandas are nice! :) I'm glad I bought WAY out where I did, at least if the prices fall, it won't be by much... fingerscrossed RC, I was renting though in San Gabriel, no house there as much as I'd have liked one, but rent gets annoying after a while, lol! Alas I could only afford to buy way out in Fontucky. :( But it's new so I can't complain.

Anywho, I always wonder if jumping fish can get hurt from hitting the eggcrate, lol! =/ I have some clear nylon screen mesh I had been given to put up when I get another jump happy fish. I can picture it working like a blade though when a fish hits it, though I think they will be ok lol!

It sounds like it hurts, but I haven't seen any marks on the fish from it. I worried about that too.

What's it like to have a new house? I've only had "old" houses except for the first 10 years of my life...we had a brand new house. But, I was a kid so didn't appreciate it. I do like the 20s, 30s, era California bungalow though..they do have character. Some new amenities would be nice though :)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love CA Bungalow style houses! :) I was born and raised in an old house, built in '41 so that's what I grew up to know. A new house is nice, but they sure don't seem to be built like old houses. You know how you compare say a Caddy from today with one from 4 years ago that was built like a tank, lol! It's comparable like that I'd say. But it's very nice not having to do anything to the house except adding misc stuff. Also the nice thing is in many cases you get more house for the money, granted you have to live out far like I do to do so, lol! :(

Very nice Gena! moar pix prz :)

I had flat worms in my 10g contest tank and really debated putting in a sixline which I did, he did a very good job...but I also knew I would upgrade to the AP24

yellow coris wrasse is a nice fish, but that also may out grow the tank.

I dosed flat worm exit and it worked like a charm as well, just try to suck as many as you can out first and then run some carbon after if you go this route

GBG will def take care of the pods

i love ur ZOAS!

Very nice Gena! moar pix prz :)

I had flat worms in my 10g contest tank and really debated putting in a sixline which I did, he did a very good job...but I also knew I would upgrade to the AP24

yellow coris wrasse is a nice fish, but that also may out grow the tank.

I dosed flat worm exit and it worked like a charm as well, just try to suck as many as you can out first and then run some carbon after if you go this route

GBG will def take care of the pods

Thanks! I'm going to do a video next! I won't get to it until tomorrow though. I'll be posting it on youtube and will put the link here.

I still haven't decided what to do for the flatworms. They haven't gotten any worse so I haven't been giving it much thought. Thanks for the suggestions :D I'll probably end up doing the flatworm exit...even though it scares me to do so. I know it can be safely done, I'm just naturally paranoid :rolleyes:

I am pretty paranoid myself...lol but I read and read about flat worm exit and it worked great...if you see few there are a lot more in there than ya think, when I dosed they came outta every crack and crevice and I only saw maybe 20 out in the open :o

just follow the instructions to the tee

ok will wait for da video :flower:

What chiller and heater do you use?

Hi. Stealth Heater 50W and the Mini Arctica chiller.

We are working on the video as I type. I'm so excited about it :D Hopefully it will be ready to go today...if not, then tomorrow.

The Jacaranda trees are in full bloom right now. I can't help but think of Blue Cloves everytime I see one :wub:

jacaranda.jpg

looks more like a blueberry gorgonian :P

Your tank is gorgeous! I love all the rics!!

looks more like a blueberry gorgonian :P

Your tank is gorgeous! I love all the rics!!

you're right...it does really look like a blueberry gorg. I luv those too :wub:

Thanks guys!

Well, here it is. My first time shooting video of my tank. Here's my babiez in live action :wub:

great vid, just watched it. its time I start compiling footage.

Thanks! I really want to make more videos now :D

LOOOOVE the rics!

Awesome tank!

squirrelieygrrrl

killer vid gena! simply killer

love your editing job. put a right fine smile on my face! :)

got some q's for ya. is the purple hairy stuff a macro algae? who's the song by? does your firefish pick at any of your inverts, like micro dusters and the like? finally, lol, whats the big hairy mushie lookin thing? i dig how it looks. hope that wasnt too much of a bombardment. :P

killer vid gena! simply killer

love your editing job. put a right fine smile on my face! :)

got some q's for ya. is the purple hairy stuff a macro algae? who's the song by? does your firefish pick at any of your inverts, like micro dusters and the like? finally, lol, whats the big hairy mushie lookin thing? i dig how it looks. hope that wasnt too much of a bombardment. :P

Thanks!!!! Glad it finally downloaded! I was trying to see a video just a bit ago and gave up...it was taking too dang long :D

I can't take credit for the editing...that would be my husband. That's what he does for a living. He wanted to get all fancy on me but I told him to just getter done B)

The purple hairy stuff drives me nuts. I think it's a nuisance algae...but I'd take it over hair algae anyday. I don't know what it's called. The song is by the group The Arcade Fire. The song is called Wake Up...I just LOVE it. The firefish doesn't bother anyone or anything that I've seen. I still have tons of micro dusters all around his hang out spot. I think the big hairy mushroom is called a Hairy Mushroom.

I think I got them all :D

squirrelieygrrrl

lol, that you did.

me too it was well worth the wait. ive always wanted to put a little vid together my self. dunno if mine would compare to that though! ;)

give yer hubby a pat on the back then, cuz he does good work. oddly enough my hubby owns a recording studio so there in the same field of work then.

i think that purple hairy stuff is pretty, i cant keep macro in my tank. i have a mob

of hermit crabs that keep the rocks in there spotless, plus there hasnt been a fish in the tank for months so i think there really really hungry.

thanks for the song name. ill check em out more.

the reason i ask 'bout the firefish is cuz ive been toying with the idea of getting one, but im super paranoid about putting another fish in there that might predate on my christmass tree worms. i went through about 4 species in there before i just gave up. lol.

duh, i thought it was a mushie. guess i answered my own q with out even knowing it. :blush:

appreciate the answers and the banter.

lol, that you did.

me too it was well worth the wait. ive always wanted to put a little vid together my self. dunno if mine would compare to that though! ;)

give yer hubby a pat on the back then, cuz he does good work. oddly enough my hubby owns a recording studio so there in the same field of work then.

i think that purple hairy stuff is pretty, i cant keep macro in my tank. i have a mob

of hermit crabs that keep the rocks in there spotless, plus there hasnt been a fish in the tank for months so i think there really really hungry.

thanks for the song name. ill check em out more.

the reason i ask 'bout the firefish is cuz ive been toying with the idea of getting one, but im super paranoid about putting another fish in there that might predate on my christmass tree worms. i went through about 4 species in there before i just gave up. lol.

duh, i thought it was a mushie. guess i answered my own q with out even knowing it. :blush:

appreciate the answers and the banter.

You know, when I answered the question about the firefish...I had the fire shrimp on the brain. There are dusters in my fire shrimps hang out. But the fire FISH is a model citizen as well. He doesn't hurt anything but the pods...he loves to eat them :D

I would share the red algae with you if I could! It's pretty stuck to the rock and doesn't come off easily at all.

I'll let him know you think he did a great job! A recording studio, huh? Cool! Do you ever go there and play around like you are a big time music pop star? I probably would :lol:

Excellent video Gena! the quality and clarity is awesome!

Thanks a bunch! I'm 100% sure more than half the view counts on there are me :lol:

squirrelieygrrrl

lol, pop star?! hardly.

im a closet guitar player. shy i guess. he gave up trying to get me to come over and lay somthing down a long time ago. -_-

lol, glad you double read that one then, good to know bout the fish and the shrimp as an added bonus! ill keep toying it over....

ive found that keeping fish is a real pita in a small tank. (er in my small tank anyway. lol)

air_puffer

I'm really feelin' ya vid fosho 150%. Your vid really makes your already beatifull nano even hotter! Like tha music haha! Great editing skills....what kinda camera are you using??? Its dope, I gotta get tha same one

Great video! Your tank is so lively and colorful. It really looked like a bigger tank in the video. I'm gonna watch it again. :D

Btw, what'd you use to shoot it with?

Thanks guys!

It does look really big in the video! I should have stuck my hand in front of the tank to give a better idea of the size...but that would have ruined the look I was going for :lol:

We have a Canon HV30 HD Camcorder.

Archived