ReefCleaners.org

gena's 10g nano

gena

I would think the mushroom before the nem... Just speaking from experience of having mini nems. :)

Eitherway, I'm sorry about your loss of the fish, Gena... :tears:

thanks :) my son took it better than I thought he would, thank goodness!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks :) my son took it better than I thought he would, thank goodness!

That's definitely a relief! :)

DogfoodEnforcer

thanks a lot for the answer!

do you think it is totally necessary to have both a koralia nano and koralia 1 in there? or are you aiming for a lot of flow?

im just debating whether a koralia nano and a 125GPH power filter on the back would be enough flow...or whether i should just suck it up and buy two.

thanks a lot for the answer!

do you think it is totally necessary to have both a koralia nano and koralia 1 in there? or are you aiming for a lot of flow?

im just debating whether a koralia nano and a 125GPH power filter on the back would be enough flow...or whether i should just suck it up and buy two.

funny you should ask that....I was just getting mad at the flow in the tank the last couple of days. It's blowing sand around...urgh! For me, I would take out the k1 and go with 2 k nanos. I just happened to have the K1 on hand so I used it. If I wasn't waiting for the Vortech MP10 to come out...I would ditch the K1 and get another K nano. I think 2 k nanos would be perfect.

If I were you I would try it with the 1 k nano and the filter and see how it goes. Come June...I'll have a K nano to sell fingerscrossed

sorry to hear bout the fishie loss. :(

thanks! it was a shock when I saw her. I actually just learned he was a she in an old thread that hit the homepage the other day.

squirrelieygrrrl

funny how that happens.

my 'male' shrimp ive had forever, im starting to think is a female.

sort of off topic, but do you know if shrimp can reproduce hermaphroditically? (is that even a word? lol)

funny how that happens.

my 'male' shrimp ive had forever, im starting to think is a female.

sort of off topic, but do you know if shrimp can reproduce hermaphroditically? (is that even a word? lol)

I'm not sure. I bought my sexy shrimp as a male and female. I actually had a 3rd female sexy but she jumped ship. I'm guessing they don't reproduce hermaphroditically (I like that word :) ). But, then again....I'm wrong about almost everything :rolleyes:

squirrelieygrrrl

k,

so heres the diggs.

at first i thought my pistol was a male, cuz it had no flaps on the bottom like a female.

one day i noticed some one was spawning in my tank behind the rocks.

a while later i notice the shrimp is now flapping what appear to be her egg flaps.

now i have a ton of minuscule shrimp all over the tank. (im sure there not pods)

odd huh?

edit: sorry to hijack your thread..... :unsure: when you said that thing about your fish made me remember the curious shrimp thing. hope im not buggin ya. lol

Wowza you two have expensive hobbies! That is a pretty hot dslr your hubby is pickin' up. You're gonna have to learn how to use it so you can spoil us with more awesome photos of your tank!

k,

so heres the diggs.

at first i thought my pistol was a male, cuz it had no flaps on the bottom like a female.

one day i noticed some one was spawning in my tank behind the rocks.

a while later i notice the shrimp is now flapping what appear to be her egg flaps.

now i have a ton of minuscule shrimp all over the tank. (im sure there not pods)

odd huh?

edit: sorry to hijack your thread..... :unsure: when you said that thing about your fish made me remember the curious shrimp thing. hope im not buggin ya. lol

You aren't bugging me at all....I love having people to talk to :D So maybe they are hermaphrodites!

Wowza you two have expensive hobbies! That is a pretty hot dslr your hubby is pickin' up. You're gonna have to learn how to use it so you can spoil us with more awesome photos of your tank!

I definitely plan to do so :D

My husband is an editor (television) and does some independent film making on the side. His photography hobby has gone by the wayside since he's so busy...but he wants to get back into it and it must start with a new digital camera....bonus, me and the tanks :happydance:.

squirrelieygrrrl

suhweet gena!

lucky you! cant wait to see what cha do with it!

(also glad to know im not too much of a pita. lol)

I got some new stuff! Happy Mother's Day :) My tank now, finally, has some...actually a lot, of YUMAS! So they aren't the most colorful....yet. I'm hoping with time and settling in they will color up more. But they are so pretty...I jut love the texture of these. I have two separate rocks filled with them. The bigger rock has purple and blue, pink and green, the other rock has green. I can't even count how many there are. The big rock has tons of mini yumas on it. Some pics......

Full tank shot 05/10/09

fts051009.jpg

Green yumas

yumarock2.jpg

Green yumas close

yumarock3.jpg

Purple/pink/blue/green yumas

yumarock4.jpg

yumarock.jpg

I found some light brown flatworms on the front acrylic today. There were 3. I just smashed them...hope that's not a bad thing! I had an infestation of red flatworms in my 35g many years ago. We ended up moving and the tank was torn down so I didn't have to worry about how to eradicate them. Hopefully this won't happen in the 10! I don't have to worry about the 35g now...I've got a fat sixline wrasse :)

I know it's early to be thinking about it...but what 10g size fish would be good for eating flatworms? We were thinking about getting a blenny....do they do anything for flatworms, from "your" experience? I know they eat more than just algae.

I really like the yumas. They don't even have to be brilliant colors....I just love the looks of them :wub:

I have a few things coming in this week that I got here (fellow N-Reefers). This tank is going to be stuffed full once everything grows in :) Guess I'll have more photos to report in with towards the end of the week.

Rocker...when are you getting your first coral????? I can't wait to see some in there :)

seahorsejl
I found some light brown flatworms on the front acrylic today. There were 3. I just smashed them...hope that's not a bad thing! I had an infestation of red flatworms in my 35g many years ago. We ended up moving and the tank was torn down so I didn't have to worry about how to eradicate them. Hopefully this won't happen in the 10! I don't have to worry about the 35g now...I've got a fat sixline wrasse :)

I know it's early to be thinking about it...but what 10g size fish would be good for eating flatworms? We were thinking about getting a blenny....do they do anything for flatworms, from "your" experience? I know they eat more than just algae.

I would think a sixline would do OK in a 10g also.

Very nice new pics, Gena! :)

Thanks! Have you done any updating? I'll have to go check!!!!!

RAGE!

B)

I would think a sixline would do OK in a 10g also.

Yep...I saw that it was an acceptable fish for a 10g. I'm going to get one as a last resort. I only have the firefish right now and we were thinking about getting a B&W clownfish pair. We'll have to see....

I have not, but I DO need to get a lights on FTS up... I lost my poor mini nems I had, in the move. :( They didn't take to it well for some reason.

I wouldnt do the 6line, their swimming habits are insane. They will cruise all day, plus they can get 3-4 inches and become even more active.

Love the new yumas, I agree with them not having to be super colorful to be beautiful :) Tho I do have a 150$ yuma in my tank that Im dying to take a razorblade and frag up. Keep up the good reef keeping.

I have not, but I DO need to get a lights on FTS up... I lost my poor mini nems I had, in the move. :( They didn't take to it well for some reason.

So sorry to hear about your mini nems! If I ever get mine to split I'll send you one :)

Get that new fts, with the lights on, uploaded so we can see!!!!

Archived