Coral Vue Hydros

gena's 10g nano

gena

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldnt do the 6line, their swimming habits are insane. They will cruise all day, plus they can get 3-4 inches and become even more active.

Love the new yumas, I agree with them not having to be super colorful to be beautiful :) Tho I do have a 150$ yuma in my tank that Im dying to take a razorblade and frag up. Keep up the good reef keeping.

Hi Kraylen! I'm leary about adding a sixline to this tank. I know their habits and that makes me very cautious! I'm seeing more flatworms today. I bet my green banded goby was eating them up before. I've seen him eating all kinds of things, worms crawling on the glass, pods, etc. Maybe we should get another of those. Or some type of goby. I've got pods up the waaazooo and they are driving my zoas crazy! We've gotta do something soon.

Thanks for stopping in :)

I must be on ig.

You is wrong :flower::) I'm just slow B)

I would def add more green banded gobies.

yep....I think I will. I just wish I knew why the other one died.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to taking some photos. Everything was looking exceptionally well today...probably cuz it's the first day my hand hasn't been in the tank :rolleyes:

I've had quite a few additions in the last week or so (coral) and everything is taking off....growing like crazy :happydance:

I got a red monti last week or the week before..can't remember. Anyways, it's growing as you can see. It has started to attach to the rock. Can monti's be fragged in the tank? I'm not sure how else I would get it out when the time comes, without tearing up the whole tank.

I moved some PPD over to this tank from my 35g...I like them much better in here. Now I need some Nuc Greens to be placed right next door to them. Anyone in so.cal. have some nuc. greens they wanna sell to me? Priority mail shipping?

I received my BOC from Sue yesterday. She sent me bam bams :wub: She's the best! Also, the bright yellow zoas on the sand, right in front of the bam bams, the silvery palys next to them, and a mix zoa rock...very purdy.

boc from sue:

zoas.jpg

more boc from sue:

zoas2.jpg

PPD

ppd.jpg

some day I'll get a good shot of her :)

sexy.jpg

red monti:

monti.jpg

mushies:

mushrooms.jpg

fts 05-21-09:

fts.jpg

fts2.jpg

I have a nuc on a plug! :) It has a brown tint to it currently because it's kinda under shade in my tank, but it'll color up nicely under full light! B)

Very nice Gena! Those silver pallys i think i have some too couldn't figure out what they were called haha.

Thanks guys :flower:

I think Susan called those silver ones "aqua palys". I'm interested to see how they look as they grow in!

So, Matt...you have a nuc on a plug? What's it look like? I actually was given a teeny tiny nuc. for free...and it's doing NOTHING! It's still teeny tiny 3+months later. They must be really slow growers...or at least for me anyways. I got 2 Purple Death polyps at the same time and they are now 5 polyps. The bad thing for the nuc. I have is that my blue cloves are sneaking up on it. I may not have it for much longer!

I sold my first coral frag yesterday (xenia) on craigslist. What fun! The guy was super nice...it's great having someone else look at your tanks that really appreciates it. I don't know about anyone else...but when you live with your tank day in and day out, you get used to it. It's fun to see it through someone's elses eyes (for the first time). And also to chat about reef stuffs.

So, that sale got me hooked. I just fragged another xenia today, to sell in a week or so. Now I need a frag tank :)

I can hook you up with the nuc on the house. ;) I aquired some other nucs, so this one I can let go. We can arrange a pickup and etc... for it since I work in Pasadena during the week. I wouldn't want you to come all the way out to Fontucky just for a silly polyp, hehe! It's mixed with people though. For me, the greens grew somewhat faster than the PD's. For others it's the other way around. Just really depends on the tank and water params I guess.

I can hook you up with the nuc on the house. ;) I aquired some other nucs, so this one I can let go. We can arrange a pickup and etc... for it since I work in Pasadena during the week. I wouldn't want you to come all the way out to Fontucky just for a silly polyp, hehe! It's mixed with people though. For me, the greens grew somewhat faster than the PD's. For others it's the other way around. Just really depends on the tank and water params I guess.

That's a super generous offer :) But, you should sell it. Make some money off of it. Put it on craigslist ;) I don't travel the freeways by myself anyways...they scare me, especially during the work week :)

That's a super generous offer :) But, you should sell it. Make some money off of it. Put it on craigslist ;) I don't travel the freeways by myself anyways...they scare me, especially during the work week :)

I totally understand Gena, you'd hate my commute then, though I can street it the entire 45 miles, hehe! Well the offer stands for ya' unless I find someone local that wants to buy it. But if not, I can always furnish it to my 10g tank. :)

reefCrawler

Hi, Gena, Just drop in to say "HELLO!", it's really a nice tank.

About flat worm, six line will do the job, but the only draw back from my concern, six-line will become very agressive toward other similar size fish once it settle in your tank.

I more prefer "Yellow Wrasse", they not growing big, they won't flip rock like the other wrasse will do, and they're very peaceful.

I saw some familiar corals.. haha, nice tank and I like the layout. :)

About flat worm, six line will do the job, but the only draw back from my concern, six-line will become very agressive toward other similar size fish once it settle in your tank.

I more prefer "Yellow Wrasse", they not growing big, they won't flip rock like the other wrasse will do, and they're very peaceful.

Hi Victor! I'll have to check out the yellow wrasse. It sounds pretty. Thanks for the suggestion!

You probably saw quite a few of your corals :) The rest are in my 35g and doing GREAT! Thanks for checking out my tank!!!!

ReefCrawler, I just moved out of the 91776. ;) I just noticed that as your location, lol!

you have an awesome ric collection :lol: i want to get a firefish for my tank but its only partially covered. i see yours is only partially covered too. how do you keep him from escaping?

Awesome pics of your somewhat newest additions on the previous page! The tank is looking great. Did you decide on the b&w clown pair or the green banded goby?

reefCrawler
ReefCrawler, I just moved out of the 91776. ;) I just noticed that as your location, lol!

Smart move, Phixion, SG properties dropping like hell, my neightbot from 56 drop to 35 and still no one interest...

sorry side track the thread, everyone can ignore me and focus on going Gena's beautiful tank... haha.

Gena, Some store call it "Gold Wrasse" instead of yellow wrasse.

they also a good jumper, once settle, they'll be stable and become your pest patrol police, nice, peaceful and beautiful fish. they dive and sleep in sand

here is a ref pic:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/images/categori...6385-wrasse.jpg

you have an awesome ric collection :lol: i want to get a firefish for my tank but its only partially covered. i see yours is only partially covered too. how do you keep him from escaping?

Thanks! My tank is partially open but I put eggcrate lighting panels (cut to size) on top. Works like a dream. I've seen our firefish (Bullet) try to jump before and he just hits the eggcrate. Every now and then they get spooked for some reason. You can find the eggcrate at Lowe's or Home Depot (probably any hardware store that sells lighting).

Awesome pics of your somewhat newest additions on the previous page! The tank is looking great. Did you decide on the b&w clown pair or the green banded goby?

Thanks :D I'm so happy to see you back around! I haven't decided what to do with fish yet. Since the goby died I haven't been feeding the tank as much so I'm hoping the pod population dwindles on it's own. We do really want B&W clowns. My son already picked out the names Lucy & Ricky. I'm sure we'll end up going with the clowns. I see the firefish picking off pods now and then so he's a help too.

Smart move, Phixion, SG properties dropping like hell, my neightbot from 56 drop to 35 and still no one interest...

sorry side track the thread, everyone can ignore me and focus on going Gena's beautiful tank... haha.

Gena, Some store call it "Gold Wrasse" instead of yellow wrasse.

they also a good jumper, once settle, they'll be stable and become your pest patrol police, nice, peaceful and beautiful fish. they dive and sleep in sand

here is a ref pic:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/images/categori...6385-wrasse.jpg

thanks for the link! I'll check it out. sounds like an interesting fish.

speaking of property values...ours has dropped too :( I'm just glad I'm not in the postion of the neighbors across the street. They paid nearly $800k for theirs 2 years ago. It can't be worth more than $600k now. And those who don't live in Cali. don't think I live in a mansion! My house is just over 1300sq ft. and built in 1930s....ridiculous!

The Jacaranda trees are in full bloom right now. I can't help but think of Blue Cloves everytime I see one :wub:

jacaranda.jpg

Jacarandas are nice! :) I'm glad I bought WAY out where I did, at least if the prices fall, it won't be by much... fingerscrossed RC, I was renting though in San Gabriel, no house there as much as I'd have liked one, but rent gets annoying after a while, lol! Alas I could only afford to buy way out in Fontucky. :( But it's new so I can't complain.

Anywho, I always wonder if jumping fish can get hurt from hitting the eggcrate, lol! =/ I have some clear nylon screen mesh I had been given to put up when I get another jump happy fish. I can picture it working like a blade though when a fish hits it, though I think they will be ok lol!

Archived