Pod Your Reef

gena's 10g nano

gena

Sorry to hear about Marley, Gena. :tears:

thanks, matt :) hey....the 3 mini anemones that I banished to my 35g in a soap dish non-accessible to any fish...one just split last night! It's not completely 2 yet, it's a siamese twin like lani's..but it's nearly there. I guess I stressed it out pretty good :D serves it right :lol:

Aww, sorry gena. I get sorta upset when I lose fishes also. Or when they disappear without a trace... though I did once find a complete catfish skeleton when dismantling one of my FW tanks years ago. I still have his dismantled remains around here somewhere :lol:

thanks! that catfish skeleton sounds really cool! my son would get a big kick out of that :lol:

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol! Anytime I messed with mine they always died on me. :( Well I could transfer them fine, but getting them loose from off stuff was another story. The ice method freaked me out, lol! :scarry:

thanks! that catfish skeleton sounds really cool! my son would get a big kick out of that :lol:

I actually went looking for it after I posted, and it seems to be MIA... may have been thrown out. If I find the bag'o'bones I'll post a pic (as articulated as possible).

• 2 months later...

It's been almost 3 months since I've done any updates on this tank! Things have changed a bit. My rockscape is a tiny bit different since I removed the mini anemones from this tank. I've also taken out all of the yumas and put them in my 35g reef. I wanted more sandbed space and had to remove them to get that.

I've added some new things: orange plate, green birdsnest, a couple of St. Thomas mushrooms.

The red algae is still driving me nuts :) And I have some hair algae growing in between my big palys (center). It's getting better though.

Everything is growing nicely. Some of my zoas are suffering though...due to my sexy shrimp. El Fab's blue cloves are starting to pop up everywhere...

Here's some photos taken today.

FTS 11/11/09

DSC08150.jpg

DSC08151.jpg

DSC08155.jpg

Tank looks beautiful Gena, and that is some funky red algae!

The red algae drives me NUTS! I'm not sure what to do about it. At least with hair algae, I can get a handle on fixing that...this stuff is obnoxious. It does not come off easily. I have a feeling, at some point, I'm going to have to redo the whole tank with good live rock. This stuff came from my LFS. I have had much better luck ordering LR online.

Algae aside, the tank is still looking good Gena! :)

I've posted some recent FTS of my tank as well a week or so ago.

Thanks! I checked yours out (left a comment)...it looks great! Love the chalice!

I <3 your tank...have I mentioned this already :unsure:

Thanks Maria! It has it's issues..but I still love it anyways. I saw your comment on my video, thanks :) The song is by the group The Arcade Fire. It's called Wake Up. It's a great song :D

I added a pom pom crab to the tank today. My gosh..what an awesome creature! No picture yet...it's hiding. Hopefully soon I will be able to show off my new addition :)

I added a pom pom crab to the tank today. My gosh..what an awesome creature! No picture yet...it's hiding. Hopefully soon I will be able to show off my new addition :)

They do tend to hide most of the time, but it makes your day when they come out front to say hello :P

They are cool little critters. Congrats on the new addition Gena!

B)

They do tend to hide most of the time, but it makes your day when they come out front to say hello :P

They are cool little critters. Congrats on the new addition Gena!

B)

Thanks! I'm patiently waiting for her to come out and say hello :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh Gena!!! It's been forever since I checked your 10g thread. It's looking lovely as always even with the hair algae. It makes it look wild. :P I'm totally jealous you got a pom pom crab. Congrats! Be sure to get pics when you see it waving it's pom pom's in the air. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks gals :D

I haven't been updating this tank too much either! My pom pom crab is still in hiding..but I know it's still around, even though I haven't seen it since it went in, because my firefish has been displaced from his usual sleeping place at night. Also, one morning I woke up and found the fish with what looked like burns on the top of his body. I'm thinking perhaps the pom poms stung him???? Don't know, but thank goodness it didn't kill him.

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY! The pompom has decided to come out of hiding!!!! I'm so thrilled to get a shot or two of him :D All of these photos were taken today.

pompom2.jpg

random.jpg

fts-2.jpg

The green birdsnest is really growing! I'm going to have to start dosing the tank everyday now. I noticed my red monti is turning white on some of the edges! Don't like the sight of that. I had to move my orange plate out because the sexy shrimp was picking on it. I still hate sexys...oh well..live and learn.

• 1 month later...
i never knew you had this. looks sweet!

"had" is the key word. I took it down yesterday! I still have the firefish and a lot of the coral...it just went into my 35g tank. I took down the pico too!!!!! That's where all the mini anemones came from that I was selling. It just got to be toooo much with weekly cleanings. I feel a big weight lifted off my shoulders. It was fun for a year :D

• 2 years later...

I had never seen this thread! Now I know what I'll be reading instead of working on the research presentation I'm putting together for tomorrow :D

Archived