Pod Your Reef

Any 5D Mark ii Owners?

divecj5

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you're going that line, go with the 50D. I've heard less focus complaints with that body.

The AF is practically identical between the 40 and 50D.

The 5D Mark II users out there, wonder if any of you have used the HD microphones yet?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/find/newsLet...ounds-of-HD.jsp

http://dancarrphotography.com/blog/2008/11...-1-microphones/

Im probably going to order one next week ill let you know how i like it.

TriggerHappyDude
Im probably going to order one next week ill let you know how i like it.

Awesome, which one you leaning towards?

Awesome, which one you leaning towards?

I was going to start out with the Azden ECZ-990 because ive heard good things about it.It will be my starter mic and if i decide to upgrade it will be to the rode stereo mic.

TriggerHappyDude
I was going to start out with the Azden ECZ-990 because ive heard good things about it.It will be my starter mic and if i decide to upgrade it will be to the rode stereo mic.

That one looks decent and not a bad price either...please let me know what you think when you get it up and running. The Rhode looks sweet too.

How long have you had your 5D Mark II?

Should I be excited the wife is letting me buy it?

That one looks decent and not a bad price either...please let me know what you think when you get it up and running. The Rhode looks sweet too.

How long have you had your 5D Mark II?

Should I be excited the wife is letting me buy it?

Ive had it for a few weeks. You should be pretty stoked. Its a great body. The video really takes it over the top IMO. The quality is Excellent.. It totally outperformed the Canon HG21 i used to own in video IQ and performance in low light.

fastandsneaky

Is the Canon 5D Mark ii truly worth the $2700 price tag for people are not professionals and take pictures casually or a little more than casual? But I guess if I had the money I'd buy it.

Is the Canon 5D Mark ii truly worth the $2700 price tag for people are not professionals and take pictures casually or a little more than casual? But I guess if I had the money I'd buy it.

no different than wanting the best gear for the aquarium hobby

I am a casual shooter and make zero money off my photography..and see the gear I have in my sig..Making money off it or not doesnt dictate on what gear you should have..if you want it go for it.

Id say so. Considering other Full frame cameras cost considerably more.

fastandsneaky

Well I bet the Canon 5D Mark ii is a great camera but I guess I was trying to say that would the camera be worth it being that I'm a noon dslrs. I'm into film camera and love being to the blackroom for hours but I don't have a clue when it comes to digitals.

With that being said I just don't want to fall into the trend that more expensive makes things better. I bet if I gave a person a my leica film and I used a canon rebel film, and the person if with my expensive camera had no clue, I'm betting I'd take better shots and develop them better. It has even fallen to the reef world where a frag can cost hundreds of dollars. Just my .02

TriggerHappyDude
Well I bet the Canon 5D Mark ii is a great camera but I guess I was trying to say that would the camera be worth it being that I'm a noon dslrs. I'm into film camera and love being to the blackroom for hours but I don't have a clue when it comes to digitals.

With that being said I just don't want to fall into the trend that more expensive makes things better. I bet if I gave a person a my leica film and I used a canon rebel film, and the person if with my expensive camera had no clue, I'm betting I'd take better shots and develop them better. It has even fallen to the reef world where a frag can cost hundreds of dollars. Just my .02

If you think your creativity and skill will be used and you will grow into the camera, I'd say go for it.

I am a noob, but I plan to learn about the DSLR world, and try to take advantage of the HD Vidoe as well.

fastandsneaky

Agh...guess it would make sense to buy a single camera rather than multiple cameras and move up. Guess I gotta start saving more LOL

Well in that case i would invest in a used 20 or maybe an xsi and try learning the camera first. Either camera is more than enough camera for someone new to digital photography. I would only recommend upgrading to another model if there was something you "needed" to do that your current camera isnt able to do.

TriggerHappyDude
Well in that case i would invest in a used 20 or maybe an xsi and try learning the camera first. Either camera is more than enough camera for someone new to digital photography. I would only recommend upgrading to another model if there was something you "needed" to do that your current camera isnt able to do.

Rehype,

Which camera did you upgrade from to the 5D Mark II?

How you done any testing and uploaded any HD video yet?

Rehype,

Which camera did you upgrade from to the 5D Mark II?

How you done any testing and uploaded any HD video yet?

I had a 50D prior. I have shot a few clips but i had to buy a new pc so that i could start rendering some of the video. I should be getting my new pc towards the middle of the week. So ill probably upload some video at that point.

TriggerHappyDude
I had a 50D prior. I have shot a few clips but i had to buy a new pc so that i could start rendering some of the video. I should be getting my new pc towards the middle of the week. So ill probably upload some video at that point.

Man I'm getting a new computer too, but its going to be a MacBook Pro. Looking forward to seeing the video.

You know of the cool sites for 5D Mark II video?

http://www.cinema5d.com/index.php

http://vimeo.com (do a search on 5D Mark II)

TriggerHappyDude
Yep ive looked at alot of those videos even linked some of the ones i thought were exceptional.

Its your turn to start cranking out stuff like that!

always check resellerratings.com especially for camera stuff

also check amazon.com if a price is a lot lower than amazon, its probably a scam

also check amazon.com if a price is a lot lower than amazon, its probably a scam

^^ Always a good reality check. If Amazon doesn't have the lowest price, it's always in the ballpark.

Archived