ReefCleaners.org

Qwiksilver711's BC14

qwiksilver711

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you have a turbo snail? they are great GHA eaters. Tank looks great though!!! I like that cleaner!!

what are next livestock plans?

qwiksilver711
do you have a turbo snail? they are great GHA eaters. Tank looks great though!!! I like that cleaner!!

what are next livestock plans?

i do not have any turbo snails, i heard emerald crabs eat gha, do you think that would be a good addition in leau of a turbo snail? I'm not sure on what go es next for livestock. any suggestions would be very helpful

marinebiologist

emeralds are better with bubble algae but they also eat gha.

i like the cleaner. whats his name? i also got a new shrimp. its a fire shrimp, the only bad part is that he never comes out :(

qwiksilver711
emeralds are better with bubble algae but they also eat gha.

i like the cleaner. whats his name? i also got a new shrimp. its a fire shrimp, the only bad part is that he never comes out :(

the cleaners name is illidan, dont know what the fish is named yet. he hasnt told me... lol, you got any ideas on what next?

qwiksilver711
goby/shrimp combo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would a goby shrimp combo work with me also having the cleaner shrimp in there? and for the final fish would a royal gramma work ok?

marinebiologist

i dont know, i think you'll have to research it more.

a royal gramma would be cool but i think they need 30 gallons

yah, also royal grammas are aggressive. the goby/shrimp combo would work with a cleaner and firefish. i fay get a yellow watchman/pistol pair

qwiksilver711
yah, also royal grammas are aggressive. the goby/shrimp combo would work with a cleaner and firefish. i fay get a yellow watchman/pistol pair

do watchman/pistols usually dwell towards the bottom? my firefish sticks to the bottom which is fine, I was kind of looking for something that is going to move around a bit more, or at least swim towards the middle/top.

the watchman and pistol live in burrows, so they usually stay near the entrance to the cave. i cant really think of a fish that will do good in 14 gallon that wont be aggressive to a purple firefish... srry

qwiksilver711
the watchman and pistol live in burrows, so they usually stay near the entrance to the cave. i cant really think of a fish that will do good in 14 gallon that wont be aggressive to a purple firefish... srry

ok then, i shall have to rely on corals to color up the middle then! as long as a watchman/pistol wont hurt the firefish, they sound good to me

they shouldnt, but make sure you get the right type of pistol! some will kill fish, but srry i dont know the species names that are harmless

qwiksilver711
Coral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coral indeed! i think in a few weeks, I'll get a watchman/pistol pair, and then start stocking with zoas... any recommendations on where to buy this watchman/pistol? i would prefer to buy paired instead of separately, and i have never order on line

just depends on the LFS, or you can look at the divers den on liveaquaria.com to see if they have any. they usually pair up if you get them seperatly, but you have a better chance if you get the watchman first

qwiksilver711
congrats!!!!!!!!!!

any updates also?

same as usual, except while i was at the hospital the hair algae got big... would more frequent water changes help?

pablo had the biggest GHA problem a long time ago, he manually removed it and with the help of his bi-color blenny, it was gon within a week

Archived